looks like the accord is not the fastest anymore - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
6Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 01-07-2018, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Yea I modded my car again

Unhappy looks like the accord is not the fastest anymore

decided to do a little bit of searching around and found the new civic type r is a BEAST.

Dynoed 295WHP. Clearly it is now the fastest honda/acura out there (excluding the NSX obviously)

I was hoping my modded car would stand a chance but it seems like there is not a chance in hell of even putting up a fight.

DARN TURBOS.

If only they made a bolt on s/c kit for the accord I may just say F it and whoop some type R arse lol

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, EBC green pads, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
How much are dealers charging for them now?

My impression has been that whatever you pay at the dealer, you can get a proper RWD car that goes faster.

I saw a black one at the dealer the other day, and while I think it can appeal to some, it's ultimately not my cup of tea. Too boy racer-ish to my taste. I'd happily take the Golf R over CTR.

My real question would be when is Honda making another RWD car?

BTW, I am pretty sure there was a 8th Gen V6 supercharger kit, but it never went past the prototype stage and there is only about 3 of these kits in the world.

Also, open diff on Accords. Good luck getting grip.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

teezythakidd and enne like this.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-07-2018, 01:16 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

i'm hoping someone brings back a SC kit for our cars. they're getting old enough now where blowing one up isn't a massive loss.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #4 of 24 Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

After going to the drag strip I can honestly say I doubt a LSD would do very much IMHO. My car has little to no tq steer on pavement or on a rubber riddled drag strip and it should be horrible considering it has no LSD. But that's peanuts compared to the gap that would needed to be closed to get close to the type R. I'd say it's the most expensive mod for what you get on our cars. I actually was on the fence about it for a while then opted for the aluminum flywheel and new clutch (which I am trying to find the time to get installed this month by my mechanic).

I looked into the CT supercharger and they only made 8/10 prototypes that were basically sold before they were even made (through Honda) So if I wanted it I'd be looking at about 10K now to make a oneoff. So yea, another car is the smarter bet and I would agree with you that the type R looks like a factory RICER which is the biggest shame about the vehicle.

Comparative similarly prices cars would be the Golf R (beautiful machine) and the Focus RS (but it now has known motor issues with blowing head gaskets).

Even if honda/acrua make a RWD car the odds of it looking good are slim to none. IMHO honda/acuras look like overthought eyesores. I will not be going honda or acura for my next car that's for sure. I'll have to step up my game and go to BMW most likely as it is the cheapest of the European options I feel.

Infinity has the Red Sport 400HP twin turbo as well and I think they make that in Manual so that's another option as well. Either way it will hurt a bit leaving my beloved Honda family. But I think I'll keep my accord until the wheels fall off regardless of what I buy next.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, EBC green pads, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
post #5 of 24 Old 01-07-2018, 04:18 PM

You have a chance, after you gut out the entire interior.
Das Chicken and MrRangerZr1 like this.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan
post #6 of 24 Old 01-08-2018, 11:30 AM
A Scusi!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 v6/6 View Post
After going to the drag strip I can honestly say I doubt a LSD would do very much IMHO. My car has little to no tq steer on pavement or on a rubber riddled drag strip and it should be horrible considering it has no LSD. But that's peanuts compared to the gap that would needed to be closed to get close to the type R. I'd say it's the most expensive mod for what you get on our cars. I actually was on the fence about it for a while then opted for the aluminum flywheel and new clutch (which I am trying to find the time to get installed this month by my mechanic).

I looked into the CT supercharger and they only made 8/10 prototypes that were basically sold before they were even made (through Honda) So if I wanted it I'd be looking at about 10K now to make a oneoff. So yea, another car is the smarter bet and I would agree with you that the type R looks like a factory RICER which is the biggest shame about the vehicle.

Comparative similarly prices cars would be the Golf R (beautiful machine) and the Focus RS (but it now has known motor issues with blowing head gaskets).

Even if honda/acrua make a RWD car the odds of it looking good are slim to none. IMHO honda/acuras look like overthought eyesores. I will not be going honda or acura for my next car that's for sure. I'll have to step up my game and go to BMW most likely as it is the cheapest of the European options I feel.

Infinity has the Red Sport 400HP twin turbo as well and I think they make that in Manual so that's another option as well. Either way it will hurt a bit leaving my beloved Honda family. But I think I'll keep my accord until the wheels fall off regardless of what I buy next.
Contact MFactory for LSD's. Having an LSD makes all the difference in the world on any car, especially in the twisties. I can attest to this as previously having cars with LSD's in them, and I'll just leave it as wow!

In a front drive car, the type of LSD you want is a helical gear "1 way" (for aggressive/track, a "1.25 way" gives more bite upon deceleration into corners, but takes lots more dedicated focus to handle in front drive cars, and a 1.5 way in a front drive is a serious handful and not desirable as it's too "locked up").

Going with a 1 way helical geared LSD (such as what comes factory in Honda Type R's) is what works best as it engages under accelerative load, and disengages under disload/unloading conditions, and is tame enough and very manageable and makes the driving experience exponentially better in every way. Plus it increases stability and safety in bad weather.

As for the forced induction, contact a guy (I think his name is Eric) that runs "SlickFab", on the 8th gen Accord group on FaceBook. He makes turbo kits for the 8th gen V6 Accords.

Doing the turbo kit and LSD would be such a game changer on your car, and would definitely give you the advantage to take on the new Type R's.

Especially if you get all of the UltraRacing chassis braces, MeganRacing front upper control arms, VooDoo13 aluminum rear control arms, KSport Kontrol Plus 2 coilovers, KSport brakes, RZ Crew Garage for super rigid collars, Carbon Creations for carbon fiber hood (saves about 30 pounds), ViS for carbon fiber trunk lid, lightweight rims such as O.Z Leggera HLT's in a 19" (only 20 pounds each in a 19x8 [which are available in our 5x114.3 bolt pattern and the offset which fits ours] which also fits a 225 to 245 width tire which means yay! you can get Michelin Pilot Super Sports in that size). There's also Okada Projects for high output ignition (gains about 2 whp on the 4 cylinder engine, should be about a ~3whp gain on the V6), and is essential on forced induction. There are many other parts too.

Point being that there are many readily available performance parts which can drastically change your car into a serious competition machine. And if you really want to up the ante, look up the rules for the SCCA, and NHRA about what's allowable for "seam welding", as old school DC2 Type R Integras ('94-'01) came seam welded from the factory, which really tightens up the car and prevents structural deformations.

So it all boils down, how bad do you want it and what are you willing to do to achieve it?

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck in your build!
post #7 of 24 Old 01-08-2018, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

thanks for showing me that slickfab guy! seriously looking into it. he's got a 500 WHP dyno in the 9th gen accord.

would be around 10K CAD for me. but for a certain 200WHP gain, that sounds like a good return for an accord. I dunno if that motor was built though. If that's the case may be a bit too expensive for me. Hell 10K is already a bit too expensive lol.

08 EX-L V6/6
post #8 of 24 Old 01-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Mechanical Stig

Slickfabllc has the turbo kits for the accords. See if you can get in contact with him. Sucks that CT stopped making the supercharger kits...

There was a 9th gen accord on youtube doing 4.6 second 0-60s, guy deleted his channel. (GearheadJ35Y) Pretty damn sure he got arrested, used to post street races and crazy shenanigans like that.

2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCмuzzleг - OEM Footwell LED Mod - Rear LED Reflectors - H&R Springs - Rear Airlift Kit -
2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCмuzzleг - Catless Downpipe/Pre Cat Deletes - Third Cat Delete - Ported Runners - Custom K&N SRI With Cold Air Scoop - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - BC Coilovers - Dyno Tuned -
post #9 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 05:38 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
Slickfabllc has the turbo kits for the accords. See if you can get in contact with him. Sucks that CT stopped making the supercharger kits...

There was a 9th gen accord on youtube doing 4.6 second 0-60s, guy deleted his channel. (GearheadJ35Y) Pretty damn sure he got arrested, used to post street races and crazy shenanigans like that.
Just to make sure I understand, because he was racing his car illegaly, posting them on YouTube, and and deleted his channel... you're assuming he got arrested? Or is there something else about this guy that was fishy? I'm asking because his Accord had some races I thought an Accord would not be able to keep up with the basic bolt-ons and weight loss on his car.

2017 CBP Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual

Mods:
Advan RZII 19x9.0 et35 & 19x10.0 et35
Tires:245/40 & 275/35
Tein SA Coilovers
SPC 3-piece camber kit
Rays Dura Aluminum lug nuts
Strut King Aluminum Pedals
OEM Side Skirts, Illuminated Side Sills, & Lip Spoilers
Putco 6000K/Amber Switchbacks
Morimoto 6500K HID
Optic Blue Lamin-x fog light covers
Brembo BBK
StopTech Rear Cross Drilled Rotors
Corsomotion LED interior
JDM Hazard Button

Future Mods:
4G TL-R Retrofit/Osram D2S bulbs
post #10 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 06:24 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post

You sure Gearhead didnt change his username to donny80crangle and ditch the 15 accord for a Mustang? Just doing some searching on Gearhead kept bringing me to donny80crangle
Unless this is his friend? Or this username 6-6_Accord

(MODERATOR EDIT: VIDEO REMOVED- IF IT IS NOT ON THE TRACK, IT IS BANNED)

Former:
1984 Olds Cutlass(1st car)
1991 Taurus wagon (LOL)
1995 Mitsu eclipse- GSX
2002 Honda Civic(RIP AUTO-TRANS)
2008 Honda Accord LX (Traded-Oil burner)

Current:
2007 Honda Accord EX-L(His)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L(Hers)

Last edited by RickBlaine; 01-09-2018 at 06:40 AM. Reason: video removed
post #11 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by czelaya View Post
Just to make sure I understand, because he was racing his car illegaly, posting them on YouTube, and and deleted his channel... you're assuming he got arrested? Or is there something else about this guy that was fishy? I'm asking because his Accord had some races I thought an Accord would not be able to keep up with the basic bolt-ons and weight loss on his car.
Yes I assume he got arrested because some of his videos clearly showed road signs, speed limit signs, AND license plates!

No his accord was stupid fast, those videos were real. His accord was tuned by the same tuner that tuned my odyssey. I never knew the guy personally, I saw his dyno video and noticed his car at the same dyno shop I was at. I'm going to ask my tuner to find out what really happened to him.

I got in contact with the guy few months back on YouTube, asked him if got arrested or not lol because he was not posting videos like normally. He said no and he was trying to hook up nitrous on his accord but was having some issues with fuel line connections or something. He said once he finishes his install, he'll get back on the streets. After that, I never heard or saw any videos from him. The other day I was scrolling around my YouTube subscription list and noticed his channel was removed from my list and his channel does not exist anymore.

2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCмuzzleг - OEM Footwell LED Mod - Rear LED Reflectors - H&R Springs - Rear Airlift Kit -
2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCмuzzleг - Catless Downpipe/Pre Cat Deletes - Third Cat Delete - Ported Runners - Custom K&N SRI With Cold Air Scoop - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - BC Coilovers - Dyno Tuned -
post #12 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar_cle View Post
You sure Gearhead didnt change his username to donny80crangle and ditch the 15 accord for a Mustang? Just doing some searching on Gearhead kept bringing me to donny80crangle
Unless this is his friend? Or this username 6-6_Accord

(MODERATOR EDIT: VIDEO REMOVED- IF IT IS NOT ON THE TRACK, IT IS BANNED)
No no that's another guy on Youtube. 6-6_Accord had a V6 accord but recently (not that recent) got a mustang.

Can't be his friend because he is in another part of the US.
scar_cle likes this.

2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
post #13 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 10:00 AM
2nd Gear

Are we talking about the guy who had an automatic transmission and gutted his car for weight savings? I can't find his videos. He did have quite a few mods and tune. All bolt on though...I don't remember him having a turbo or s/c

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment. 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L, V6
post #14 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by I800C0LLECT View Post
Are we talking about the guy who had an automatic transmission and gutted his car for weight savings? I can't find his videos. He did have quite a few mods and tune. All bolt on though...I don't remember him having a turbo or s/c
Yes that's him. The guy that beat the hemi with the gutted interior. All motor, 275-278 WHP on an auto.

2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
post #15 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 10:26 AM
2nd Gear

Ah ok. I've known people that get caught racing one too many times are forced to sell the vehicle. Maybe he took it all down so as not to incriminate himself?

I think he said he was down to 13.6 in 1/4 mile in an older video. He had more done afterwards but I never saw a time

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment. 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L, V6
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.