looks like the accord is not the fastest anymore - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
6Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 11:46 AM
A Scusi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 v6/6 View Post
thanks for showing me that slickfab guy! seriously looking into it. he's got a 500 WHP dyno in the 9th gen accord.

would be around 10K CAD for me. but for a certain 200WHP gain, that sounds like a good return for an accord. I dunno if that motor was built though. If that's the case may be a bit too expensive for me. Hell 10K is already a bit too expensive lol.
No worries! Like I was saying, it's no joke, no bs, real deal, SlickFab knows his stuff. As I was listing, the reason you'll want to get an LSD and as many other handling improvements is to wrangle in and effectively harness that kind of power, especially in a front drive road car.

Oh, I almost forgot, as a side note on weight reduction, the '09-'14 TSX V6 also has the 6 speed manual as an optional transmission, which is an upgrade to your Accord 6 speed transmission.

How? You might ask.... here's the kicker, better gear ratios for performance, and.... a magnesium alloy transmission case which is about ~9-10 pounds lighter than the Accord transmission case .... and ..... it already comes factory with an LSD! Booyah! Weight reduction, check. Performance gear ratios, check. LSD, check.

Yeah, it's probably the most cost effective route. I'm not sure of the power holding capacity of the TSX transmission, so it might still need internal reinforcements, such as a heavier duty LSD, just a thought. And yes, the TSX and Accord bellhousings are identical, so yeah, it will bolt up.

The Following User Says Thank You to BanzaiRocket For This Useful Post:
08 v6/6 (01-09-2018)
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Mechanical Stig

UPDATE:Finally found out what happened to GearheadJ35Y. He got in a bad accident with a mustang he was racing and the accord was totaled, mustang fishtailed into him. He deleted his channel for that reason but he did not get arrested or anything like that. (oops, my bad!) He ended up making 350 WHP on a 75 shot. Now he has a manual accord.

Sorry OP for hijacking the thread but hopefully that clears everything.

2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCмuzzleг - OEM Footwell LED Mod - Rear LED Reflectors - H&R Springs - Rear Airlift Kit -
2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCмuzzleг - Catless Downpipe/Pre Cat Deletes - Third Cat Delete - Ported Runners - Custom K&N SRI With Cold Air Scoop - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - BC Coilovers - Dyno Tuned -
post #18 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiRocket View Post
No worries! Like I was saying, it's no joke, no bs, real deal, SlickFab knows his stuff.
Yes the individual has a lot of knowledge.

post #19 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 02:26 PM
A Scusi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
Yes the individual has a lot of knowledge.
... okay... rather peculiar of you to chime in on my response to the OP, especially in the manner you did.

Was your quoting my reply to the OP an attempt at instigation by sounding snarky and condescending?
post #20 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
... okay... rather peculiar of you to chime in on my response to the OP, especially in the manner you did.

Was your quoting my reply to the OP an attempt at instigation by sounding snarky and condescending?
TF? What made you think I was sounding snarky? I was just saying something positive about him.
post #21 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 04:58 PM
A Scusi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
TF? What made you think I was sounding snarky? I was just saying something positive about him.
My apologies man. Carry on 👍
post #22 of 24 Old 01-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
My apologies man. Carry on 👍
No problem.
BanzaiRocket likes this.
post #23 of 24 Old 01-10-2018, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Yea I modded my car again

called him 3 xs two days in a row.

I guess he's on vacation.

I'm a spontaneous kinda guy, and I took that as a sign. So I decided to spend the money on my house. Starting with a natural gas fireplace and 2 Eames chairs. The beginning of my man cave.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, EBC green pads, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
post #24 of 24 Old 01-12-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Yea I modded my car again

Well I called SlickFab 2-3 times a day 3 days in a row. left a message stating I was very interested in the full set up and wanted to know more details before I pull the trigger. NO RESPONSE

It says on their website 24/7 tech support so you would think they are available to some degree.

I took that as a sign and won't be doing the turbo anymore. Clutchmasters aluminum flywheel and fx250 SM clutch are being done next week! That will help put a smile on my face. Heck, I always am thrilled to drive my accord.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, EBC green pads, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.