Belize blue v6 darker than 4cylinder version? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dunkaroo
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-05-2018, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Belize blue v6 darker than 4cylinder version?

Hi guys, so i've noticed that v6 belize blue tend to look nicer than the 4cylinder counterparts? the blue on 4cylinders look way lighter for some reason. also on my autobody paint software i see two variations. a darker variant vs a normal belize blue. Is this true or is it just me?

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Just here for the food

Belize blue v6 darker than 4cylinder version?

B551P is Belize Blue
B553P is Vortex Blue Pearl, which is indeed darker.

As far as I know, Honda has always had two shades of blue for each generation [of Accord], one darker than the other... although I think B553P was used with Acura (TSX and TL?)... Idunno. I could be wrong. lol
I have seen Accord sedans with a darker blue than the blue on Coupes though

'09 EX-L Sedan L4 "Nina" | NH578
Current mods:
  • LED interior lights (warm white dome + map | blue courtesy/door)

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • 6000k COB LED Bar DRL/Fogs (just for looks) INOP

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • NOKYA Hyper Yellows for DRLs/Highs
Upcoming:
Plasti-dip stuff
2G TSX XM antenna swap
Deck lid spoiler
Black out roof
LED fog light kit/mod

"Information is not knowledge." Albert Einstein
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2018, 06:54 PM
2011 BBP LX-S Coupe 2.4l

I'm pretty sure the B553P Vortex Blue Pearl is the darker color used for the sedans, I can't find anything about 8 gen coupes having that color code as a factory option... Which makes it strange that the v6 BBP would be darker than the i4's BBP... I could be wrong about the sedan-only thing though. If however the color code is the same for both models, it has to be exactly the same mixture, right? Very odd if it's true that one is darker. I love the Belize Blue Pearl on my i4 though. It appears closer to a very light metallic blue in the sun, or a deep deep almost purple/indigo appearance in lowering lighting. So happy I found one!
teezythakidd likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.