Where is 2010 4-cylinder transmission filter? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2018, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
My First Post

Where is the transmission filter for the 2010 4-cylinder model? Is it one of those that is built in the transmission and the pan has to be dropped in order to change it?
Also, does anyone have a part number for it?

Thanks a lot.

I tried to search for an existing thread but couldn't find any that answers my question.

EDIT...

So, in case anyone else has the same questions, I pretty much found out that there are two type of filters.
The external/smaller one (Part# 25430-PLR-003) is the one to be replaced when you service your transmission.
The internal/strainer filter (Part# 25420-RXH-003, and O-ring that goes with it part# 91308-PW4-003) is not meant to be replaced until you have to rebuild your transmission.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-05-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: merge
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2018, 12:44 PM
Out of Control

- if you do reg. fluid changes since new then you may not have to change it. I change mine 60-80K as preventive maintenance. Use OEM (Amazon best $ -

) as it has a bypass, some people use a magnefine instead which also has a bypass (/ If filter becomes clogged you will no longer have VTEC.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 509K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Pedal Down

I just changed mine. If you have trouble removing the filter, let me know and I can give you a few pointers / tips / cheats on the easiest quickest way to get it out of there. It's a bit of a p.i.t.a. for access to it.

2011 Accord Coupe LX-S AT i4 cyl.
'04 Acura TSX 2.4L 6MT
'95 Acura Integra RS 5MT (bought new, had it 19.5 years!)
Advertisement

Tags
2010, 4-cylinder, filter, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.