drowned12's second 2012 Accord -now with V6- build thread - Page 5 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
18Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 157 Old 10-01-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowned12 View Post
I may have to reject one of the runners received from Slickfab

This is an excessive amount of damage to what is supposed to be a precision machined surface. This area has very little "meat" for the gasket to seal around, and it's damaged bad enough that it'll probably lift the gasket completely especially with how far away the clamping force is from this point.

Also, the thing wasn't degreased particularly well since I'd have to go through and clean the fuel injector holes to guarantee a solid o-ring seal. The EGR butterfly port? was grimy and needs a rag ran through it.

Ugh, now I have to either deal with a time delay or risk getting a leak later, or attempt to clean it up myself and probably still risk a leak.

On the positive, the porting looks good ad it's now slightly bigger diameter than the intake manifold holes are.

Damage.
http://radio-pro.ru/forums/at...hmentid=431313

Grime in the fuel injector hole.
http://radio-pro.ru/forums/at...hmentid=431305
The damage around the edge shouldn't be there, someone wasn't careful. The grimey crap you see in the fuel injector holes is normal. That's nothing compared to the set I got. SlickFab most likely utilized a used/returned set to port that's why they are like that. What I did with P2R was getting a used OEM set from Ebay for $45, cleaned it up real good MYSELF, then sent them off to P2R to get ported. They came back clean of course, minus the damage. I used q-tips with brake clean to clean the fuel injector ports.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-06-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Advertisement

post #62 of 157 Old 10-02-2017, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Car so nice, bought twice

I'll take up the ported runner issue with Slickfab over PM. Get a new half to replace the messed up one then I'll send my OEM ones and the defective one back in the same box.

PCV separator circuit done. Vibrant fittings, hose clamps are mostly just there for peace of mind since the hose is 11/32" and fits tight enough over the barbs, and it's a vacuum application:

http://radio-pro.ru/forums/at...hmentid=431697

http://radio-pro.ru/forums/at...hmentid=431705

Attached Images
enne and WILLYumD like this.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 157 Old 10-03-2017, 09:46 AM

Very nice.

I empty the can about every 2 weeks or so. Let me know how much you collect.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan

post #64 of 157 Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

PCV Valve replaced. About 58k miles, still sounded like the check valve was clicking when I shook the one being replaced. Covered in oil as expected. Easy enough job, 10mm 1/4" drive socket with 3 inch extension. No need to move the harness out of the way. The service manual doesn't say to, but I put some fresh engine oil on the o-rings before reinstalling the valve. My experience is that o-rings have a tendency to bind and not seal if they aren't wet prior to installation.

EDIT: Also got bored and took apart the center console area. Found what was rattling: previous owner's un-expired debit card somehow slipped under the gear shifter. I'm looking into installing some sort of power distribution behind the cubby hole thing under the head unit to feed power to my dash cam, tablet, and radar detector. I also need to clean up the various sugar drinks that spilled around that area too.

)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #65 of 157 Old 10-05-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

It took 2 PM's, 2 emails, a website contact form and 4 days to finally get a reply from Slickfab / 1998jza80 for a replacement half-runner, so my thought is "should have just bought P2R". I'm not even really comfortable sending my cores in, since the trustworthiness factor that I'll actually get the core refund isn't there. Pretty bad customer service experience, especially for something that should not have been shipped out at all in its defective condition.

Trying to get a status check on the Megan Racing exhaust. So many parts sites do drop shipping and such that a delay isn't unusual for there to be a week gap between ordering and shipping.

Dropping off the RV6 parts to be ceramic coated with about a 5 business day turnaround ($150 for the J-Pipe, $50 apiece for the HFPC).

Ultra Racing chassis bracing arrived from Malaysia. I'd take a picture of it but it's bubblewrapped so hardcore that it would take me 20 minutes to unwrap.

Electronics wiring and power distribution stuff parts are on the way. I need a lot of USB ports for charging devices, and a lot of 12V sockets so I'm going to try doing as much hardwire and stealth installation as possible. More easily explained when it's done.

)

post #66 of 157 Old 10-05-2017, 12:31 PM

^

How much are/did you pay for the Slickfab set? The P2R set I received was scratchless from their porting job, other than the nicks that were already there of course.
Attached Images

07 V6 AUTO Sedan
post #67 of 157 Old 10-05-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rd View Post
^

How much are/did you pay for the Slickfab set? The P2R set I received was scratchless from their porting job, other than the nicks that were already there of course.
P2R is $254 including $75 core refund, Slickfab is $150 including $100 core refund. It's a fairly wide price gap, but with P2R I wouldn't have something like a 2 week delay in being able to wrap up the intake side of the engine. I'm having to live with some sort of squeal coming from the engine bay that I think is the CAI rubbing on something but I don't want to take the thing apart unless I'm also taking the intake manifold apart.

)

post #68 of 157 Old 10-05-2017, 07:12 PM

P2R has the higher price, but quality work. I don't regret paying that price.

And hopefully you have new gaskets ready to go? I don't recommend you re-using the top cover gasket. You can but you'll risk vacuum leak, ask me how I know. I used new Fel Pro upper plenum and lower runner gasket sets . You can reuse the metal gaskets but since you are in there, might as well put in all new so you don't have to break it all apart again due to a vacuum leak.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan
post #69 of 157 Old 10-06-2017, 04:45 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
It took 2 PM's, 2 emails, a website contact form and 4 days to finally get a reply from Slickfab / 1998jza80 for a replacement half-runner, so my thought is "should have just bought P2R". I'm not even really comfortable sending my cores in, since the trustworthiness factor that I'll actually get the core refund isn't there. Pretty bad customer service experience, especially for something that should not have been shipped out at all in its defective condition.

Trying to get a status check on the Megan Racing exhaust. So many parts sites do drop shipping and such that a delay isn't unusual for there to be a week gap between ordering and shipping.

Dropping off the RV6 parts to be ceramic coated with about a 5 business day turnaround ($150 for the J-Pipe, $50 apiece for the HFPC).

Ultra Racing chassis bracing arrived from Malaysia. I'd take a picture of it but it's bubblewrapped so hardcore that it would take me 20 minutes to unwrap.

Electronics wiring and power distribution stuff parts are on the way. I need a lot of USB ports for charging devices, and a lot of 12V sockets so I'm going to try doing as much hardwire and stealth installation as possible. More easily explained when it's done.
We replied to your first email dated Oct 3 (2 days before your post, not 4 days). We also replied to the CRM request through the website. We've done over 35 sets of runners and yours is the first return we've had due to a quality issue and we have and will continue to apologize for that as well as make it right via the option you chose. I don't see any reason you should be worried to send something back for a core return. Almost all of those 35 people chose the core return option, and even the customer who sent them back loose causing the damage to the one you received got his refund. I think the Slickfab and P2R (SBS) are both quality options, Since what is actually done during porting isn't shared by pretty much any company, I've seen a set of P2R runners and my opinion is that we actually go through a few more steps than them to maintain port uniformity. Can't go wrong with either one though.

2014 Coupe 6-6 CBP Turbo
post #70 of 157 Old 10-06-2017, 05:29 AM

Slickfab won't leave you hanging on the customer service end.
MrRangerZr1 likes this.
post #71 of 157 Old 10-06-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998jza80 View Post
We replied to your first email dated Oct 3 (2 days before your post, not 4 days). We also replied to the CRM request through the website. We've done over 35 sets of runners and yours is the first return we've had due to a quality issue and we have and will continue to apologize for that as well as make it right via the option you chose. I don't see any reason you should be worried to send something back for a core return. Almost all of those 35 people chose the core return option, and even the customer who sent them back loose causing the damage to the one you received got his refund. I think the Slickfab and P2R (SBS) are both quality options, Since what is actually done during porting isn't shared by pretty much any company, I've seen a set of P2R runners and my opinion is that we actually go through a few more steps than them to maintain port uniformity. Can't go wrong with either one though.
Timeline: PM sent Monday (October 2) morning. Email sent October 3 to . There was no reply, show me a reply in your Sent folder if you want to contradict this. I sent another PM and used your website contact form on October 4th, no reply 24 hours later. I had to go into the Paypal resolution center October 5th -assuming I'm getting scammed- to find another email address on the last screen before starting a dispute, , which I see you've now removed from Paypal and it isn't displayed anymore.

Why did I even have to hunt you down to get customer service? You knew there was a problem on Saturday from your reply here, why did you not proactively send me an email and say "hey let me fix this"? You still haven't even given me a timeline for when the replacement is going to be shipped. So the days drag on of delay for completing this build.

Here was first email sent on Tuesday:
This was the second PM that I sent. DA doesn't save sent PM's unless you check a box so the first one on Monday is lost.
This is the information you have in Paypal, I still haven't ever gotten any email from this address except the original order confirmation email.

This is all the contact option that is publicly presented. A PO Box and a contact form.

)

post #72 of 157 Old 10-06-2017, 03:30 PM

I feel like DA probably isn't the place for this and both of you can spend your time a little more wisely to get the issue resolved. I'm annoyed for BOTH of you just reading this, since I know both of you personally.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KSeriesTuner For This Useful Post:
1998jza80 (10-06-2017), enne (10-06-2017)
post #73 of 157 Old 10-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Mechanical Stig

Quote:

This was the second PM that I sent. DA doesn't save sent PM's unless you check a box so the first one on Monday is lost.
Every single message you send is saved in your "sent items" folder. Check it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner View Post
Slickfab won't leave you hanging on the customer service end.
Slickfab responds within hours, even on weekends. Product info or just general/random questions, they will respond. I can show you the 100+ emails (172 to be exact) I had with slickfab.

2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCмuzzleг - OEM Footwell LED Mod - Rear LED Reflectors - H&R Springs - Rear Airlift Kit -
2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCмuzzleг - Catless Downpipe/Pre Cat Deletes - Third Cat Delete - Ported Runners - Custom K&N SRI With Cold Air Scoop - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - BC Coilovers - Dyno Tuned -

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-06-2017 at 07:53 PM. Reason: merge
post #74 of 157 Old 10-07-2017, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Intake aside, I'm working on the electrical accessory installation. I have a ton of tablets/phone/dashcam/outlets/USB ports to run (basically everyone in the car can charge 3 devices and run a game console if they wanted to), so Accord #2 I wanted to do the electrical up a bit more "proper" than I did in Accord #1 where nothing was hardwired in. This is complete nerdy overkill

Here's what I fabricated for the 12V and ground distribution since I didn't want to load the under-dash fuse box further. I'm going to connect this directly to the battery (and inline fuse) with 10awg wire to support up to 400W, and I'll figure out which bolt I can pick up chassis-ground from (probably most of them). I used one of the studs that's near to the brake pedal.

6-position fuse box (I'm only planning on using 3 right now), ground distribution bar, some 1/4" thick MDF backing, aluminum bracket, velcro.

Also, I attempted to wire a gate opener into Homelink button #3 (#1 is the garage door), but it wasn't happy with it being there for whatever reason so I had to remove it. Would have been really slick if it worked.

)

post #75 of 157 Old 10-07-2017, 10:50 AM

That is a pretty solid distribution block!

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.