Car won't start if I lock doors first - Normal??? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 22 Old 06-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 v6/6 View Post
who locks the doors on their car and then starts the car?

I don't think I have ever even tried to do that on any car for that matter lol.

I would set the autolock feature so the car automatically locks once you start driving the car. And then you won't have to touch the door locks
Neither my Corolla nor RX-8 has auto-lock of any kind, so I have to do that manually every time I get in. This is not a feature available on every car.

The first night I got my Corolla, I was driving around and practicing how to work a stick, so I stopped at a STOP sign for a little longer than I was supposed to. Then there was this girl who got in my car because I forgot to lock the doors. She was asking about some "business", and I was clueless and said no. She got off and I then realized that she was probably a hooker. Why a hooker wants to ask someone driving a old econobox and assumes that they have money is beyond me.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
For AT you can set the doors to lock when you shift into D(what I did), unlock when you shift into P, lock when you reach 9 mph/15 km/h(what you did), or unlock when you turn off ignition(what I did). MT can only do the latter two due to the lack of P and D.

What OP described is not normal. The alarms should only sound if you lock the car with the remote, not the switch in the car. I would look into the particular keys.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.
The doors unlock also when I shift into P. So this is definately something the previous owner did. So there is no issue with my locks or alarm system. The previous owner changed the auto lock settings.

post #18 of 22 Old 06-26-2017, 12:27 PM

The Auto Lock and the alarm going off are 2 separate issues. Also the keys have nothing to do with the alarm going off.
Chris_G how long do you wait after locking before you start the car? The way I know my Accord and 8th Gens I've been in works is one all the doors are locked the systems arms in 30 seconds. It is disarmed by using the key in the door or by the remote. The chip in the key is to communicate with the immobilizer and allow the fuel pump to be powered.

What I'm don't know about the 8th gen is if there is a setting for the time delay of arming the alarm.

2007 EX-L 4DR

post #19 of 22 Old 06-26-2017, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
The Auto Lock and the alarm going off are 2 separate issues. Also the keys have nothing to do with the alarm going off.
Chris_G how long do you wait after locking before you start the car? The way I know my Accord and 8th Gens I've been in works is one all the doors are locked the systems arms in 30 seconds. It is disarmed by using the key in the door or by the remote. The chip in the key is to communicate with the immobilizer and allow the fuel pump to be powered.

What I'm don't know about the 8th gen is if there is a setting for the time delay of arming the alarm.
Ok, so I also figured out that the alarm will go off if you try to open the door with the key, and the doors automatically lock as I approach 10mph. So according to what others have said here, this can be programmed by the owners, and that's what happened with this car. I'll look into resetting the auto locks. Thanks.
post #20 of 22 Old 06-26-2017, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

w w w. mattcastruccihonda .com / blog / how-to-program-the-honda-auto-lock-unlock-feature/

As it says..
post #21 of 22 Old 06-27-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_G View Post
Ok, so I also figured out that the alarm will go off if you try to open the door with the key, and the doors automatically lock as I approach 10mph. So according to what others have said here, this can be programmed by the owners, and that's what happened with this car. I'll look into resetting the auto locks. Thanks.
If the alarm goes off when you open the door with the key then there is something wrong. That's the method to disarm the alarm if the battery in the key is dead.

Could be a something wrong with the key cylinder or there was some kind of modification.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #22 of 22 Old 06-27-2017, 05:53 AM
Yea I modded my car again

just reset the auto lock feature and this whole thing will be over with lol.

When I got my car it would auto lock the doors after I began driving and it drove me nuts. and the programming is all in the manual so it was easy to alter.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, EBC green pads, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.