Crankshaft Position Sensor location?? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-28-2016, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Crankshaft Position Sensor location??

Hey guys I have a 2008 Accord EX-l V6 sedan my car stopped on me in the middle of the road, had it towed to my apartment and waited until there was daylight out to see what was wrong. This was when I had finals for school. I am now home for the holidays and driving 80 miles to work on my car so I need to make a list for everything to check and test the next (hopefully last) time I go. I saw that the belt was shredded and it had wrapped around the alternator causing it not to charge. After trying to take off the rest of the old belt I realized the hydraulic tensioner had failed and made the belt too tight which tore it. I replaced the belt (and faulty tensioner) and cleaned out the alternator of any belt shreddings. I went to start it up and it just cranks like it really wants to start but doesn't. From what information I could gather I'm sure the old belt tore either the Crank Position sensor wires or a fuel injector wire. The only problem is that I can't find the location of the Crankshaft Position Sensor. On most other cars I see it is within close enough proximity to the belt that it could have torn the wires to the sensor or just destroyed it altogether which is why I think that could be the culprit. Thank you for taking the time to read this and appreciate any help that comes my way!

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-31-2016, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Alright so I went back and tested a couple of things, my crankshaft position sensor is intact and not the issue I also tested for fuel and that is not the issue either. I did test for spark and did not get any so that is what I need to go after. Does anyone know if there's a secondary circuit that is close to the serpentine belt that could have an open?

post #3 of 3 Old 12-31-2016, 08:45 AM
Something Cliché Here

Interesting, so when you say you have fuel does that mean you have fuel pressure or fuel injection pulse? Crank sensor/wiring issue would kill spark and injection pulse. It does seem reasonable that the no start issue is related to the belt destroying something in the area. You don't see anything loose or damaged? Can you check for codes?

2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi.
HID Low's
LED Fogs
Light Smoked Tails
Sport Spoiler
19x8.5 +35 Niche Ritz Wheels
LED Interior

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.