8th gen help for all new comers - Page 6 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
post #76 of 85 Old 07-23-2014, 06:00 PM
My First Post

Help

Hi, please help. I have a 2011 honda accord coupe. I took out my radio to see if it had RCA slots but found out it did not. The only things that were disconnected were the a\c and the airbags. I put the radio back in the same way it was and now it won't work. At first only the controls on the unit wouldn't work not including the a/c buttons. I could control it through the steering wheel though. I tried disconnecting the battery so that it could reset and maybe prompt me to enter a code which I found after searching the glove box. That didn't work and it actually made it worse. Now only the time flashes. Please help!

Advertisement

post #77 of 85 Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM
2010 Honda Accord EX

This may or may not help, but I believe the 2011 is the same radio and A/C wise) as the 2010 so you can reference the 2010 service manual for assistance. My assumption is all plugs were correctly reconnected.

Speaking of 2011, does anyone have the manual and is it worth purchasing? Would be nice if it we're available online in PDF.

Scott C.

2010 Honda Accord EX
-----------------------
Mods / Additions:
8.5G V6 Bumper & Foglights / 8.5G Trunk Garnish / 8.5G Spoiler / 18" Wheels / Subwoofer & Amp / Body Side Moldings / Automatic Headlights / Focal Speakers x4 / Door sill trim (4) / Navi w/DVD, Bluetooth, Rear Sensors and Camera, & Honda XM fin / Leather seats & Heated fronts / Window tints (35/20) / Phone/MP3 holder / Rear Passenger 12v Outlet / Homelink / Auto Day/Night Mirror / Splash Guards & All Weather Mats / Trunk Tray
post #78 of 85 Old 11-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Black Coupe v6 EX-L '12

I got a 2012 coupe v6. And I don't have a Eco bottom but when I stay at a same speed the eco light comes on... How do I turn this off?

post #79 of 85 Old 01-27-2015, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijo93 View Post
I got a 2012 coupe v6. And I don't have a Eco bottom but when I stay at a same speed the eco light comes on... How do I turn this off?
I just got one too. I don't think you can. it seems to come on when you are driving nice and go off when you push it. There is no ECO button like a saw on the 2015 civic I test drove and hated before I got the Accord.
post #80 of 85 Old 03-03-2015, 10:48 PM
LBE
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijo93 View Post
I don't think you can turn that off, that is a cyl management system to save gas. When you are off the gas or cruising easy it deactivates cylinders. I'm sure you could pull the fuse if you want worse mileage.
post #81 of 85 Old 04-02-2015, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

My only question is does a 20x10.5 wheel fit or do i have need to pull out my fenders
post #82 of 85 Old 04-19-2016, 12:29 PM
My First Post

Thanks so much for posting this! I made an account just to say thanks!

I popped the light out in my trunk, and sure enough - the original felt on the clip was just sitting there. NO MORE SHELF RATTLE!!!!
post #83 of 85 Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 PM
My First Post

Garage
Hey my fellow 8th gen owners,

Im new here and could not have made a better choice in joining. Thanks for this thread it will help me out in taking care of Bertha as i slowly transform her into Big Bertha.

Again thanks for all the info.
post #84 of 85 Old 08-25-2016, 07:01 AM
1st Gear

Just got 2011 ex v6
Is there a way to check the mpg on the dashboard? I thought this model has that inter grated?
post #85 of 85 Old 11-07-2016, 08:48 AM
My First Post

Hey guys, looking to purchase a 2011 Accord V6 EX/L w/ Navigation 6 speed manual.

Was wondering if that model year had oil consumption issues? I read somewhere that there was a PCM flash to fix that? Had to do with some actuator opening and closing?

Also do the 11's have 3rd gear issues? I hear that some will have issues with it popping out.

Its a private individual that is selling. I just want to know what to look for when I am checking it out.
Advertisement

Tags
8thgen, issues, problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.