8th gen help for all new comers - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 85 Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 PM
1st Gear

Talking

thanks very helpfull havent explored the site enough but is there a DIY section

Advertisement

post #47 of 85 Old 11-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Michael

You left out the front sway bar, which makes a bigger difference than even the progress bar!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

post #48 of 85 Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 AM
4th Gear

Does anyone else have a 08 LX AT/That got the recall about the Oil, sitting in the pan? DOes anyone know about this problem? Just got the recall letter a few days ago

post #49 of 85 Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 PM
My First Post

Not really sure if I should post here or somewhere else. Anyway Im currently in the market for a car and I want to get CPO Accord Coupe V6 6speed. I live in NJ and seems like v6 manual is really rare around here. I only found 2 of them with under 30K miles for $22K at the dealer. Now my question is what are the major problems those cars have that I should look for? At this moment I drive MKV Jetta TDI, but this car will go to my fathers hands. I want something quick, reliable, easy to fix and maybe few simple mods too.
post #50 of 85 Old 02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal006 View Post
Not really sure if I should post here or somewhere else. Anyway Im currently in the market for a car and I want to get CPO Accord Coupe V6 6speed. I live in NJ and seems like v6 manual is really rare around here. I only found 2 of them with under 30K miles for $22K at the dealer. Now my question is what are the major problems those cars have that I should look for? At this moment I drive MKV Jetta TDI, but this car will go to my fathers hands. I want something quick, reliable, easy to fix and maybe few simple mods too.
Weak battery, some rotor and pad issues, all fixed easily by going with aftermarket parts. Not much else.

/

/

post #51 of 85 Old 04-25-2012, 12:41 AM
J Falk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jterp7 View Post
I've already mentioned the long and unsmooth shifts from 1-2 and 2-3, but just tonight with the radio off I noticed a strange sort of soft whistling noise in low to mid throttle when going from 2-3 as well. Anybody else notice this?
I just bought a coupe(automatic) with 75,000 miles on it and it seems to be doing the exact same thing you are talking about..from the unsmooth shifting to the whistling...It drives extremely well in gears 3-5, but from 1-2 it doesn't feel right..maybe it's just me...going from a 99 Ford Explorer to a 08 Honda Accord requires some adaptation..
post #52 of 85 Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 AM
'10 Accord LX-S Coupe

WOW....great 'sticky', but I'm glad I didn't read it BEFORE I decided to buy mine. I would still be driving my Charger.

while this had great info, it also would tend to scare off any potential buyers of an 8th Gen Accord.....at least I know I would have been.

hope I have better luck with mine.
post #53 of 85 Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
cbp
1st Gear

thanks OP for the list of issues/fixes

Sorry for the bump, but is the 2012 accord affected by (all) these issues OP outlined?

i.e. the A/C condenser issue?

I'll get mine this Friday and I want to make sure I do some preemptive damage control, such as install the front grille.
post #54 of 85 Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 PM
3rd Gear

How much HP does the V6 actually have? On here and most other sources on the internet, it says 268 HP. On Honda's website, it says 271 HP.
post #55 of 85 Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_379 View Post
How much HP does the V6 actually have? On here and most other sources on the internet, it says 268 HP. On Honda's website, it says 271 HP.
2008 was 268, 2009-2012 was 271. Who knows how that is measured at the crank, usually much lower at the wheels.

/

/

post #56 of 85 Old 08-09-2012, 12:41 AM
2nd Gear

Isn't it around the 210-215 range, for power to the wheels? I could be totally wrong, but I feel like I read that somewhere...

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 AT Coupe -

TL Switchblade Flip Key | Weapon-R I-Throttle Controller | Takeda Retain SRI | P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #57 of 85 Old 08-09-2012, 02:33 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artema View Post
2008 was 268, 2009-2012 was 271. Who knows how that is measured at the crank, usually much lower at the wheels.
That's strange. Why would they increase it just by 3 HP and 6 lbs. ft of torque? Too bad I didn't get a 2009 or 2010 model. LOL
post #58 of 85 Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_379 View Post
That's strange. Why would they increase it just by 3 HP and 6 lbs. ft of torque? Too bad I didn't get a 2009 or 2010 model. LOL
I don't think they actually changed any tuning or anything for the 09-12 models. I think they just changed the way they measured the horsepower so that it reads in their favor. Those numbers are really just played out to grab buyers' attention. If a guy goes to a Honda dealership and hes told that he can walk out right now with an accord that has nearly 300 horsepower, he might get pretty excited,

but we all know that whp is what matters, and that number is significantly lower, unless you do mods

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 AT Coupe -

TL Switchblade Flip Key | Weapon-R I-Throttle Controller | Takeda Retain SRI | P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #59 of 85 Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

I am new to this forum as of today and just figuring some things out. I am either oblivious or can't find the option to add a signature with the details of my car like everyone else?

I have a 2012 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe though

Mods:

3M CS 35%/20% tint
HFP Suspension
DDM Slim 6000K
Weathertech

Future Mods: (Getting done in about a week)

Painted headlights (Black Out)
Orion V2 Angel Eyes (4 rings)
TSX-R Lens Swap
post #60 of 85 Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Michael

You need around 10 posts before you can add it, so give it a bit! Have fun!

/

/

Advertisement

Tags
8thgen, issues, problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.