8th gen help for all new comers - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 85 Old 01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bruceleroy
awesome job but i recommend you bolding certain words in the post and also separate them in different sections like, interior, exterior, engine, suspension, aftermarket, custom, DIY, TSB, etc.

that would make it easier to find something i think, thats just a suggestion

Advertisement

post #17 of 85 Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
moooo

k ordered it a bit he he

post #18 of 85 Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bruceleroy
not bad looks better but i would delete some spaces and make each category more bunched up, but its getting there

post #19 of 85 Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Rice Rice Baby

Very nice Post aeoporta, I'm one of the lazy noob who hate using the search tab, so I will bookmark this post for future reference. Thank you.

'09 Accord Sedan V6 EX-L AT. Alabaster Silver.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #20 of 85 Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 PM
banned

Dope thread. Makes sense. Something that most threads lack... Good job mang.
post #21 of 85 Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
moooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
not bad looks better but i would delete some spaces and make each category more bunched up, but its getting there
the bigger it grows the more i will have to squeeze it all together for now i have 1 space so its easier to scan through it quicker. funny not many ppl noticed this thread when it was first created
post #22 of 85 Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
3rd Gear

I've already mentioned the long and unsmooth shifts from 1-2 and 2-3, but just tonight with the radio off I noticed a strange sort of soft whistling noise in low to mid throttle when going from 2-3 as well. Anybody else notice this?

08 Accord Sedan V6 Navi
post #23 of 85 Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
3rd Gear

Thank you...very much.

2009 EX i4 Auto Sedan
post #24 of 85 Old 01-25-2010, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear

Left front fender edge missing clearcoat

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. Last month I bought a new 09 Accord EXL-V6 at $25075. I also have clear bras installed on the hood and the front fenders.

I was trying to install a set of splash guards myself since on the day of delivery of the vehicle, the dealership’s parts department was closed (it was Dec 24) and the dealership could not install the splash guards for me. Anyhow, I made some dumb mistakes when I tried to install the splash guards. I wasn’t careful in reading the instruction from the internet until a bit too late. I accidentally removed 3 additional clips on the front left splash shield before I realized I only need to remove the lowest leftmost clip. Since then, I have purchased some additional clips from a dealership. Since I removed those clips using screwdrivers, I made sure that any scratches on metal tabs inside the fender cavity got touched up with a number of coats of touch-up paint before I secured the splash shield with the new clips and installed the splash guard, because I am paranoid about any potential of eventual corrosion and rusting inside the fender cavity. I hope the process I took would hopefully ensure the minimization of any corrosion inside the fender long-term down the road. I would like to hear from any of your Accord owners, whether there is any thing else I need to watch out due to my inadvertent and careless mistake during the splash guard installation.

However, during the splash guard installation process, upon close inspection, I noticed that the upper outside edge of the left fender is kind of rough if I move my fingers across the edge as opposed to smooth like having a clear coat on and it appears to lack top layer of clear-coat. I also checked other 3 fender edge and they are smooth with top clear-coats on each of them. I therefore would like to ask you folks whether you have experienced any anomaly like this in your 8th generation Accords and what would be the longevity issue with this situation and what can be done to fix the problem on the bland new vehicle.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions and advices.

Owns 2 Accords
post #25 of 85 Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 AM
My First Post

Thanks a lot for the details.

-----------------------------

post #26 of 85 Old 01-25-2010, 08:04 AM
3rd Gear

i sometimes wonder if knowing about the problems is making me more paranoid about the car. Always better to know right?

08 Accord Sedan V6 Navi
post #27 of 85 Old 01-25-2010, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
moooo

take it back, stomp your feet and have dealership paint area missing coat. the 08 had issues with chipping paint by the lights and such thats the closest reference i have in regards to this situation.
post #28 of 85 Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 PM
My First Post

Missing clearcoat

Hi Jterp7,

People say that Ignorance is a bliss and there is a lot of truth to it. I believe I would eventually find out if I wash and wax the car eventually, probably not as soon as less than a month after buying the car.

Hi Aeoporta,

I took the car to the dealership from which I purchased the vehicle. The service department acknowledged the issue and asked me to see their body shop they use to do business with. I have to go to the airport for a business trip today and I will go visit the shop later this week or earlier next week. I have a clear bra added after I bought the vehicle. The dealership said that in case the bra on the left fender needs to be removed to fix he problem, they said that Honda usually will not pay for removal and reapplying the clear bra on the fender. I wonder if you folks have any experience to ask Honda to pay for the aftermarket mod since I was not aware of the problem before I asked a contractor to put on the clear bra.

I am fairly upset by all the problems since the vehicle is still very new (1 month into the ownership) and I just paid a pretty big sum of money ($25075)for the car even though it is about $4300 below MSRP.

Many thanks,
Owns 2 Accords
post #29 of 85 Old 02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
My First Post

Hey guys,
I just explored this web site, i have question... i just bought wheels for my accord 08 (LX)
Size: 17x7.0
offset: 42
what size of tire will fit ?
post #30 of 85 Old 02-05-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
moooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawad View Post
Hey guys,
I just explored this web site, i have question... i just bought wheels for my accord 08 (LX)
Size: 17x7.0
offset: 42
what size of tire will fit ?
oem size for 17 is P225/50 R17
you can get either that size or tires that fall within 2% of the oem size.
you can use tire calculator to make sure that your tire selection does not exceed 2% otherwise they will rub.

Advertisement

Tags
8thgen, issues, problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.