Has anyone installed a Push Button Start? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
banned

Has anyone installed a Push Button Start?

Has anyone installed one if so, how and where did you buy it.

Is it possible?

Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Out of Control

kp technologies makes a push button start module. people have installed the S2000 start button in their cigarette lighter

IMO its completely useless unless the ignition is keyless as well. because then you have to turn the key two clicks, then move your hand to the start button, then press the button.

2006 BMW 330i 6MT (Alpine White/Terra)
post #3 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
kp technologies makes a push button start module. people have installed the S2000 start button in their cigarette lighter

IMO its completely useless unless the ignition is keyless as well. because then you have to turn the key two clicks, then move your hand to the start button, then press the button.
True say...

post #4 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Automatic.... :(

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6
Crystal Black Pearl
35% Tints
Debadged
Retro Solutions 55W 5K HID
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Takeda Shortram Intake
AXIS MOD Se7en's
Falken Fk 452's
Progress 22mm Rear Swaybar
Megan Racing Coilovers
SPC Rear 3-Arm Camber Kit
SPC Front Upper Ball Joints
Nokya Hyper Yellow Foglight Bulbs
ATLP J-Pipe+Test Pipe
WeatherTech Window Visors
M3 Style Roof Spoiler
RVinyl Taillight Tint
Lower Grill

My New Ride
2005 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
post #5 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Top Gear

Send a message via AIM to GTFan712
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post

Agreed. But it's still cool to have a button...

-GT

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L [2.4L I4 - 168fwhp]
LEDGLOW Expandable 7-Color Interior Lighting Kit | Blue LED Map and Dome Lights | V6 Lip Spoiler | Debadged | Mugen GP Wheels 18x7.5 16.5lbs [ON/OFF] | Falken Azenis RT-615 Tires [225/45R18] | Mugen Wheel Locks
Wish List: BC Racing Coilovers | Black Window Trim | Exhaust (GReddy SE or Custom) | OEM Fog Lights
post #6 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMole View Post
Was that really required? Didn't think so.
post #7 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
___
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeol View Post
Was that really required? Didn't think so.
post #8 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Out of Control

I'd gladly trade the stupid button on my M3 for a proper key. Don't understand why people like that gimmickry. Glad Porsche hasn't followed suit.
post #9 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
banned

I love when people add faces, and act all cool, but they don't really help others. They are just there to add the faces and act like a bunch of mangeese! Grow up, help someone, you will feel good, rather than posting crap.
post #10 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Top Gear

Send a message via AIM to GTFan712
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
I'd gladly trade the stupid button on my M3 for a proper key. Don't understand why people like that gimmickry. Glad Porsche hasn't followed suit.
I do think the point is rather silly. My M45 has the push button ignition, which works when you have your foot on the brake, and you have to hold it down for like 5 seconds. Plus, the key has to be in your pocket, or near the car, which they proved on Top Gear, is an easy way to steal your car right out of a parking lot, if left unlocked. I don't get why they would put this feature on the more expensive cars.

-GT

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L [2.4L I4 - 168fwhp]
LEDGLOW Expandable 7-Color Interior Lighting Kit | Blue LED Map and Dome Lights | V6 Lip Spoiler | Debadged | Mugen GP Wheels 18x7.5 16.5lbs [ON/OFF] | Falken Azenis RT-615 Tires [225/45R18] | Mugen Wheel Locks
Wish List: BC Racing Coilovers | Black Window Trim | Exhaust (GReddy SE or Custom) | OEM Fog Lights
post #11 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:43 PM
08 EX I-4 NHB

Send a message via AIM to chriswashington Send a message via MSN to chriswashington
To answer your question which i think everyone failed to do but one lol, I haven't seen it for the accord. But I think it would be hard if not impossible to disable the key immobilizer, so the chances of their being one is rather slim, and if their is, im sure it cost more than its worth.

But if your really serious, try checking with people who have access with the japan model, they MIGHT (very big might) have it.

I don't think its a bad idea IMO, but the security for the accord would be hard to over come, because of the immobilizer, and if you had a push button start it would more than likily disable it (if its possibily idk) and it would leave your car extremely vulnerable to being stole.

But If they make one maybe they have address it.

Check out this website it has push botton starts, and someone put it a 7th gen accord, so it might address the immobilizer issue.

08 Accord EX / Leather / Sedan / I-4
Nighthawk Black Pearl
26k miles

----------------------------------
Adding another car Jan of 2010
Previous car:
03 Accord EX / Sedan / I-4
(massive electrical failure, mechanical failure 132,048 miles)
post #12 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:43 PM
___
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeol View Post
I love when people add faces, and act all cool, but they don't really help others. They are just there to add the faces and act like a bunch of mangeese! Grow up, help someone, you will feel good, rather than posting crap.
Your post was just as helpful as my paranoid smiley.. And I'm all for helpful posts, but if this forum was what you suggest it should be, it would be quite a boring place
post #13 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 PM
08 EX I-4 NHB

Send a message via AIM to chriswashington Send a message via MSN to chriswashington
btw not sure about the quality of the product

08 Accord EX / Leather / Sedan / I-4
Nighthawk Black Pearl
26k miles

----------------------------------
Adding another car Jan of 2010
Previous car:
03 Accord EX / Sedan / I-4
(massive electrical failure, mechanical failure 132,048 miles)
post #14 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswashington View Post
To answer your question which i think everyone failed to do but one lol, I haven't seen it for the accord. But I think it would be hard if not impossible to disable the key immobilizer, so the chances of their being one is rather slim, and if their is, im sure it cost more than its worth.

But if your really serious, try checking with people who have access with the japan model, they MIGHT (very big might) have it.

I don't think its a bad idea IMO, but the security for the accord would be hard to over come, because of the immobilizer, and if you had a push button start it would more than likily disable it (if its possibily idk) and it would leave your car extremely vulnerable to being stole.

But If they make one maybe they have address it.

Check out this website it has push botton starts, and someone put it a 7th gen accord, so it might address the immobilizer issue.
Thanks a lot for the answer and the link, much appreciated. I was just asking if anyone has done it, just interested if it worked and how it looked. Anw Thx.
post #15 of 24 Old 07-22-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___ View Post
Your post was just as helpful as my paranoid smiley.. And I'm all for helpful posts, but if this forum was what you suggest it should be, it would be quite a boring place
Then don't read it, no one forced you to.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.