Drifting Questions - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 10:36 AM
You can call me Jackal

Send a message via AIM to xxDaJackalxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun View Post
if you have to ask a forum to confirm that your car is fwd you may want to hold off on drifting for a while.
+100

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
P2R Ported Intake Runners
(*) P2R Throttle Body Spacer

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs (~1.1'')
(*) 15mm Ichiba Rear Wheel Spacers

17mm TSX Rear Sway-Bar Swap

5000k Xtreme HID Kit
(*) Complete Interior & Exterior LED Conversion
(*) HFP Aero-Spoiler Kit
(*) Peripheral PXAMG iPOD Controller
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 AM
KaM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDaJackalxx View Post
+100
+1... please step away from the vehicle...

post #18 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 PM
5th Gear

You can drift with a FWD at the track but it requires a lot of speed to keep the drift going. The high speeds put way too much stress on the car for my liking. Go get a cheap 240sx and drift with that.

97 Accord LX Coupe A/T 28mpg

09 Accord LX-P A/T 31mpg

Pagani Zonda - When I win the lottery and move to Europe.

post #19 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
5th Gear

LOL I can't believe I really just read this thread! wow... Drift your FWD car right into a quarry and/or canyon please!

If the 8g V6 accords' parking brake is the same as my 7g V6, you cannot even get the rear tires to drag on dry pavement with the parking brake seeing that the rear brakes are disc and the tiny little parking brake drum is only strong enough to hold your car when parking it.

2007 EX V6 5AT Alabaster Silver (my work horse)

2006 600RR Silver (my toy)

Proud member of N.A.T.O. - No Altezza Taillights Organization.

HIDs for all! (as long as they are 6000k!)
post #20 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

Since your car is FWD, you can drift in reverse. Then it's like a RWD.

08 Accord V6 Coupe Auto NAV PMM/Black

Haves:
20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Wants:
Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
post #21 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 03:11 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slab42 View Post
LOL I can't believe I really just read this thread! wow... Drift your FWD car right into a quarry and/or canyon please!

If the 8g V6 accords' parking brake is the same as my 7g V6, you cannot even get the rear tires to drag on dry pavement with the parking brake seeing that the rear brakes are disc and the tiny little parking brake drum is only strong enough to hold your car when parking it.
I thought disc brakes are easier to lock up than drums. Not sure how different the gen 7 is but I can get the rear of my 01 4cyl to smoke going as slow as 30mph.

97 Accord LX Coupe A/T 28mpg

09 Accord LX-P A/T 31mpg

Pagani Zonda - When I win the lottery and move to Europe.
post #22 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bruceleroy
yup McDeez tray drifting FTW or FTL
post #23 of 40 Old 06-10-2009, 10:14 PM
5th Gear

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Big LrG
lol...dont if you have to ask if your car is fwd or not!!! (just for your own good im not meaning to bash you)

08 Alabaster Silver EX-L V6 AT / Custom 3" CBE with HKS Ti Carbon Muffler / PF01 18x9 +35 / BFG Sport Comp-2 / Stoptech Trophy BBK's / Carbotech XP12's (Track Only) / Corbeau FX1 Pro / Spec Condensor / BC Racing Coilovers / SPC Rear Camber Kit / SPC Rear Toe Kit / SPC Rear Trailing Arm Kit / Injen CAI / RV6 PCD / RV6 V2 J-pipe / RV6 Test pipe / KTuner Tuned
post #24 of 40 Old 06-11-2009, 12:19 AM
I <3 Honda

Send a message via AIM to starbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
Don't do it, gives the Canadians a bad rep...........

A hand-brake turn is not drifting..........
canadians dont need any help obtaining a bad rep lol

j/k
post #25 of 40 Old 06-11-2009, 10:24 AM
banned

sure you can drift an accord

post #26 of 40 Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Sugar coating for you ..

2011 Subaru STi - Stage 2 - Plasma Blue Pearl

2008 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX-L AT NBP
No longer owned
post #27 of 40 Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
5th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielc409 View Post
lol hahha i love the iraq part

08 Alabaster Silver EX-L V6 AT / Custom 3" CBE with HKS Ti Carbon Muffler / PF01 18x9 +35 / BFG Sport Comp-2 / Stoptech Trophy BBK's / Carbotech XP12's (Track Only) / Corbeau FX1 Pro / Spec Condensor / BC Racing Coilovers / SPC Rear Camber Kit / SPC Rear Toe Kit / SPC Rear Trailing Arm Kit / Injen CAI / RV6 PCD / RV6 V2 J-pipe / RV6 Test pipe / KTuner Tuned
post #28 of 40 Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
5th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
sure you can drift an accord

im lovin the pic just too much money imho to change the drive of the accord

post #29 of 40 Old 06-11-2009, 01:13 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big LrG View Post
yea prolly cheaper just molding the front of an accord onto a 240
post #30 of 40 Old 06-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I <3 Honda

Send a message via AIM to starbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big LrG View Post
just out of sheer curiousity though how the hell did they do it? all custom fab parts? or shit outa honda's parts bin?

edit:
wait wait wait.... are we sure that wasn't just a photoshopped skyline?

I wanna see more pics. otherwise i call bullshit.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.