Please think before you consider Clazzio... - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Please think before you consider Clazzio...

OK, so after reading the numerous rave reviews from S2K and Scion forums, I decided to go ahead and get the all black leather seat covers for my LX-S Coupe. I got them on ebay, they retail for $499, seller has them for $450 obo. after many low-ball offers, the seller accepted $415. I got them in the mail, and to be honest they LOOKED nice. I was very excited. I started installing the driver's seat, it was both easy and difficult if that makes sense. I followed all instructions provided, and to be honest, I was very disappointed. You can clearly tell they are seat covers. They didn't smell like real leather at all, they smell like s***. The fit was OKAY, but not anything to rave about. They still felt like seat covers, and to the educated eye, looked like them. They are also made in China, which I was not aware of. To be honest, I'm a little ignorant about buying China made goods (please dont start flamming me about how China makes good products like iphones and stuff) I immediately took the seat cover(s) off and packaged everything back up. I contacted the seller and expressed my grievances about the package, and they agreed to return them for a full refund, I just had to pay to ship them back. Hey, that's fine, you live and you learn. I just wanted to give everyone the heads up. Its worth the extra ~$500 to get Katzkin or some other name brand leather installed professionally unless you are so inclined to do it yourself. After seeing the quality of the Katzkins my friend has in his Concorde, its like night and day. Maybe i'm being anal, but I was far from impressed. Not at all what I expected...

2013 Accord LX-S Coupe - 6MT (Black)
50% Tint Front/20% Tint Rear/5% Rear Windshield
Polk DXI6500 Comps Front/Polk DXI650 Rear
Unplugged ANC
EX-L Leather Shift Knob
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to desiboy5291
thanks for the insight i was debating on purchasing the clazzio seat covers.... and what you've expressed they seem like any other seat COVER. thanks again.

08 Accord LX-S Nighthawk Black Pearl

RetroSolutions 35W 6000k HID| 2 10" JL Audio Subs| Alpine 1000W Amp| 25% Tint All Around| LED Trunk Light|
LED Dome Light| LED License Plate Light| V-LEDs Type 2 Dual Color Changing Turn Signals| Weapon-R Intake
post #3 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Leased a VW_My life ****s

Is there a reason why the Honda leather cannot be installed on the LX-S seats?

'12 VW Jetta 2.5/5spd lease - WORST decision ever
'11 Infiniti G37x - Sold
'09 TW 6-6 - Sold 1/1/2011

post #4 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YRMed View Post
Is there a reason why the Honda leather cannot be installed on the LX-S seats?
I'm sure it can, but based on the cost of OEM leather, you can get arguably superior and proven Katzkins.

Unplugged ANC
EX-L Leather Shift Knob
post #5 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the heads up, I was also considering this
post #6 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiconthetire View Post
I'm sure it can, but based on the cost of OEM leather, you can get arguably superior and proven Katzkins.
These were my Katzkin from my last vehicle. Can't lose with Katzkin! $1200.00+$50.00 for the heated system, and $400.00 for installation.
Attached Images
post #7 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I <3 Honda

Send a message via AIM to starbai
thats a pretty slow server you hosted pics of these on boss.
post #8 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
thats a pretty slow server you hosted pics of these on boss.
???
post #9 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I <3 Honda

Send a message via AIM to starbai
lol i was being a smart ass cuz the OP didn't post pics of the horrible fitment... sarcastically saying I'm still waiting for the pics to load.
post #10 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
banned

Quote:
lol i was being a smart ass cuz the OP didn't post pics of the horrible fitment... sarcastically saying I'm still waiting for the pics to load.
Lol, I figured that..... lmao! it's all good STARBAI!
post #11 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!

Magiconthetire... do you feel that a professional installation of the Clazzio leather-seat conversion kit would've been worthwhile, or the actual fitment was off? Did you use proper installation tools, adhesives, and fasteners?

I've seen prim-&-proper Katzkin interiors, and nightmarish-looking ones... the key difference being a professional install on the former & a D.I.Y. install on the latter!

Leather-interior conversion is quite involved, even w/ prefabricated seat-covers/trim. Cushions may need to be trimmed/repositioned, foam or padding may need to be added, hog-ties need to be properly taut/secured, adhesives/tack are used, and so on. Installation materials/adhesives alone cost ~$50+, and an experienced/proficient installer can spend more than half a working-day doing an interior, if doing it alone. There is a lot of technique/expertise involved, it seems. . .
post #12 of 19 Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 PM
4th Gear

any pictures of the install, iam still considering to buy this
post #13 of 19 Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
1st Gear

Anyone local to Los Angeles is welcome to get a free professional installation (in Torrance). It's a small promo we are running. If there are any volunteers that would like to get on board (you pay for the covers, I pay for the install), please let me know. That way, we can get pictures of a professional installation w/ forum member verification. If you're not happy with them, we will remove them at no cost to you whatsoever.

The smell is likely from the PVC. The outer sections are "bio-pvc" and do have an order for the first week or so. The center section is genuine leather.
post #14 of 19 Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Sorry I didn't take pics and I never said the fitment was "horrible" I just said that they looked like seatcovers to the educated eye and felt like them also. You couldn't have been able to tell if I would have took a picture anyway, thats why the pictures out there may be deceiving.

Unplugged ANC
EX-L Leather Shift Knob
post #15 of 19 Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_x11 View Post
Magiconthetire... do you feel that a professional installation of the Clazzio leather-seat conversion kit would've been worthwhile, or the actual fitment was off? Did you use proper installation tools, adhesives, and fasteners?
A professional installation could be a good idea if you have never tried something like this before, but I followed all instructions to the tee. The covers attach with s-hooks, these are simply leather seat covers that install over the factory cloth ones. I only put on the driver seat before removing it.

Unplugged ANC
EX-L Leather Shift Knob
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.