What did you do to Your 8th gen today - Page 9 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
62Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #121 of 124 Old 12-20-2017, 01:29 PM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

Got a new set of tires and new HFP wheels. One of my wheels was slightly bent and I couldn't get it to balance properly and was wearing out the tire unevenly.

Also got a SPC single arm rear camber kit. I'm on the HFP suspension so had some negative camber on the rear and it was contributing to uneven tire wear.

Oh, I also serviced it with new timing belt and spark plugs recently. I currently have 110K miles and feel like I can easily go another 100K.

Martian likes this.

08 Accord V6 Coupe Auto NAV PMM/Black

Haves:
20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Wants:
Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 01-05-2018, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

Drove it to a new shop to have the B123 Service with K&N air and cabin filters. 58K on the odo.

2012 EX V6 AT Sedan
post #123 of 124 Old 01-06-2018, 04:49 PM
6th Gear

Had the local Honda dealership install a block heater as I will be driving the Accord on short trips more often now.
Martian likes this.

2011 Accord Coupe I4 5 A/T

post #124 of 124 Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 AM
Race to the speed limit

Developed an oil leak on the rocker arm solenoid. With MrRangerZr1's DIY and some Hondabond HT, problem was fixed after I let it cure for a couple of days.

Minor difference from the video: the J35Z2 harness doesn't detach on the driver side to allow for it to swing around. It's just a matter of disconnecting any visible connectors on the front harness, removing the harness mount, and pulling the harness back a bit for some clearance.

My power steering fluid was essentially black, so I changed that out.
Rotated my tires at the same time so I could turn the wheels lock-to-lock without excessive stress on the pump.

Then took a test drive in Mexico and had a friendly race with a Cadillac Deville. Love this car!

'08 EX-L V6 Sedan

PERFORMANCE
  • Routine Maintenance
  • Takeda Short Ram Intake
  • J37 Throttle Body
  • J37 Intake Manifold
  • P2R Intake Manifold Spacer
  • Intake Resonator Delete
  • VCMTuner

AUDIO
  • JL 10W3 in Wicked CAS Magic Box <=> Kicker CX300.1
  • Kicker CS65s <=> Alpine KTP-445U
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.