Help!! Rear Seat Release Lever Broke - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Help!! Rear Seat Release Lever Broke

I have a 2010 Accord Sedan. I desperately need to get my rear seats to fold down so I can work on one of my coilovers however the rear seat release lever in the truck broke. I have tried everything I can think of and unable to get the seats down.

Does anybody know of a solution? Anything reasonable?

If I can't get the seats down today, I will take the car to the dealer. I really don't want to have to pay some outrageous dealer price to fix.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If you can help me get the seats down, I'll buy you a beer and or dinner the next time you are in Austin, Texas.

Thanks!

Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-06-2015, 10:55 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Depends on where it broke, you should be able to find the cord its attached to and pull it with a vise grip.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #3 of 10 Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I've been yanking and pulling on the card with all I got. Actually it may not be the cord that's broke but something close or at the release point. I pulled on the cord, heard a pop and then unable to pull and get seats to release....so something is broken somewhere.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-09-2015, 07:48 PM
My First Post

Mine broke too, and not the cord. It would be nice to know how to fix it, without taking it to the dealer.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-09-2015, 10:13 PM
5th Gear

This is on my coupe but I bet it's the same on the sedan. If you climb into the trunk(fun) and look up towards the sky you will see various openings in the metal bulk head so to speak. There are four of five holes. You want to get at the one that's locatated just left of the center of the vehicle. There you will find the actual mechanism(a little arm that moves when you pull the cable). You have to stick a flathead screwdriver in there and push it out of the way and then push the seat forward. I tried and it wasn't too hard but I was able to see how the mechanism worked first because I could easily drop the seat and play with it from inside the car. This is your best bet let me know if you need more pictures

Ok so that picture is horrible lol. Here is a better shot. You have to push the goldish metal part on the lower right forward. That little round looking bit poking thru it is the pin that releases the little hook that grabs the bar on the back of the seat. Push it forward through the hole while in the trunk and the seat will push forward. Pretty dang easy.

2012 Accord Coupe LX-S
4 banger/auto
Ap1 S2k retrofit, OrionV2 halos, Phillips 4300k
19" G35 Rays federal ss-595 225/35 and 235/35
Ksport Coilovers
Spc 3 arm Camber kit
TL ShAWD Front and Rear Sway bars 31mm/20mm
Brembo blanks/Akebono ProAct ceramics Front/Rear
Ex-l steering wheel
ExLED full interior 6000k
Nesa n-81acrs, JBL Ms-8,JL 300/4V2, JL 500/1V2, HAT Legatia l6 mids, Morel Mt-230, Custom sail panels, BA 12.5lf<Old school Sq goodness

Last edited by namegoeshere; 08-25-2016 at 12:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2012Taffeta For This Useful Post:
suisunca (05-09-2015)
post #6 of 10 Old 06-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Silver Ghost II

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCaliEd
Perfect instructions - now, I just have to remove the back cover and fix the cable
post #7 of 10 Old 11-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Garbo1

still trying...push ...tap...just cant release

HFP Suspension
HFP body kit
JDM red badges
RSB TL 19mm
H9 Head light bulbs
OEM JDM Red Honda Emblems (Front & back)
post #8 of 10 Old 08-24-2016, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

Hi, I have a Honda Accord 2012 LX and I have the same issue i.e the lever to fold the rear seat broke . I tried to follow the instructions posted here but could not find the round knob to release the hook for folding rear seat . Any suggestions ? Thanks
post #9 of 10 Old 08-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Yea I modded my car again

Oh boy I must be an idiot lol. Isn't the back seat lever in the trunk ? I always go to the trunk and just pull that handle.

Those pictures look like there is another one inside the car by the back seats.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, EBC green pads, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
post #10 of 10 Old 07-18-2017, 01:00 PM
My First Post

On mine, I think the L shaped metal bar, that clips to the release latch, won't stay on. So when you pull on it, it doesn't attach to anything. I wonder if there was a plastic clip to hold the L shaped bar in place. This is what they did with the 2007 Honda Fit. I fixed the Honda Fit that way, but I don't see that part on the 2013 Accord specs. They won't let me add a link here, so do a search for "honda fit 2007 rear seat fold down repair" I posted images of that fix.
Advertisement

Tags
rear seat release

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.