Side Airbag off light is on.. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 04-03-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to ssmtsx
Side Airbag off light is on..

Has anyone had an issue with their side airbag off light being on when the pass seat is empty? Mine came on this morning and stays on uless there's someone in the seat. I checked and there is nothing on/under/or around the seat. I would take it to the dealer but they dont do diag work on the weekends, and I honestly dont know when I'll have to time to get it there during the week. Hopefully it will reset itself and isn't a big deal..

Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
3rd Gear

I am confused on what you are saying. It sounds like when your passenger seat is empty the airbag light is on, is this correct?

CBP 2009 EX I4 Manual
post #3 of 23 Old 04-03-2009, 02:11 PM
5th Gear

Have the same issue. It goes on and off but it only happens when I put my books and backpack on the seat which is weird because they aren't that heavy.

post #4 of 23 Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to ssmtsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffiel24 View Post
I am confused on what you are saying. It sounds like when your passenger seat is empty the airbag light is on, is this correct?
Yes..exactly.
post #5 of 23 Old 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_88 View Post
Have the same issue. It goes on and off but it only happens when I put my books and backpack on the seat which is weird because they aren't that heavy.
The light will come on if there is some weight in the seat, I believe 10-12lbs. That is normal. OP's light comes on with nothing in the seat.

08 NightHawk Coupe. I4 AT EX-L - Purchased 10-13-07 - Debadge Revolution!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 Old 04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
3rd Gear

Well i think I may have been mistaken taking a look at my car on the drive home. There is the passenger airbag light near the flasher button that comes on when weight is in the passageners seat as latenites said, but there is also a side air bag light on the dash that comes on then turns off when you start the car. If you are talking about the light on the dash I would go in and get it checked out, if it is the one by your flashers then its just a weight issue.

CBP 2009 EX I4 Manual
post #7 of 23 Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
I believe the sensor is looking for 20 lb or 25 lb. Is your backpack that heavy?

2008 Diamond White Accord Sedan with Navi
Chromed Grill
LED Interior Lights
post #8 of 23 Old 04-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhaddi View Post
I believe the sensor is looking for 20 lb or 25 lb. Is your backpack that heavy?
It will disable the airbag with less than 25 lbs on the passenger seat. If I put my work backpack on the seat the light will come on. The point of the system is to not have the airbag deploy if a small child is in the seat because it can do more harm than good.

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L L4 Auto ASM
Clear bra | Tint | T-rex | Injen | Weapon R | Eibach | Enkei | Goodyear | SPC | H9/HIR | Hoen | LEDs | Clarion | JL | Focal | Python

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
post #9 of 23 Old 04-04-2009, 07:21 AM
4th Gear

I'm pretty sure it's more than 25 lbs. It's a child protection I believe. When our 9-year-old sits there it is disabled.

The one time that I had to take my lab with me to a buddy's house, he weighed enough to keep the airbag on - a little over 100lbs.

'09 Accord Coupe EX I4 - Black on Black
'81 Ford F-100 Flareside HP 351W - Blue on Blue
post #10 of 23 Old 04-04-2009, 01:33 PM
5th Gear

yea makes sense because my bag always varies in weight. Thanks for clearing that up guys. I think the OP has a different problem though.
post #11 of 23 Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

I'm having the same problem. It is the SIDE AIRBAG LIGHT in DASH by speedo not by flasher. Just started coming on today, and not so oddly enough after some rain got on the armrest from the window being cracked open overnight.

Did the original posted figure out what caused his to come on?? Possible wet sensor??
post #12 of 23 Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I'm having the same problem. It is the SIDE AIRBAG LIGHT in DASH by speedo not by flasher. Just started coming on today, and not so oddly enough after some rain got on the armrest from the window being cracked open overnight.

Did the original posted figure out what caused his to come on?? Possible wet sensor??
That is something that should be checked out by the dealer, probably ASAP. I wouldn't exactly trust airbag issues to a forum... but that's just me.

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L I4 Alabaster Silver Metallic
post #13 of 23 Old 04-17-2009, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

Couple of questions. 1) what is the key on / off near the drivers seat on the floor turn off? Is this an airbag manual off, I dont see this in PDF manual.

2) Why would the side airbag off light turn off, with a passanger sitting in the seat. I understand why the passenger airbag light would go off and on with weight nearing an infants size, but side airbag light with weight makes no sence.

Turning the key on or off seem to have no affect on the light??
post #14 of 23 Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
need 6 speed!

Send a message via AIM to AznX TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Couple of questions. 1) what is the key on / off near the drivers seat on the floor turn off? Is this an airbag manual off, I dont see this in PDF manual.

2) Why would the side airbag off light turn off, with a passanger sitting in the seat. I understand why the passenger airbag light would go off and on with weight nearing an infants size, but side airbag light with weight makes no sence.

Turning the key on or off seem to have no affect on the light??
1. i believe that it to lock the trunk/gas tank lever......

2.i believe small people in general turn off the light, it maybe a tad bit over or under 100lbs that turns it off. and i don't think they programmed a minimum weight besides 0.

-'15 Accord Sport 6-speed
no mods
RIP-08 Accord lx-s 5speed manual/ tafetta white
mods
|DDM tuning 6k hids|12" Alpine Type-R|TSX switchblade|Lip spoiler|Type-R Suede red stitch boot|Gunmetal Type-R knob|
|Intake Resonator Delete|Hyper White led license plate led|led interior bulbs|Smoked Reverse lights|

Previous owned
-97 Acura 2.2CL auto/Flamenco Black
post #15 of 23 Old 04-18-2009, 04:52 AM
'09 TL SH AWD Tech

Give the seat a good punch (don't break anything! LOL)... the sensor switch may be stuck.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.