Parrot Blue Tooth Install (MKI-9200) - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-20-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Parrot Blue Tooth Install (MKI-9200)

I was debating on a Double Din Aftermarket Radio with nav/bluetooth or keep the Factory Unit and add a Parrot Bluetooth. I chose the Parrot. I wanted to retain the factory look and I wasn't a fan of the aftermarket dash kits and losing the heads-up, 6 disc changer, etc. After purchasing the parrot, I realized there isn't many places to install this thing. I chose the middle of the dash. I installed the remote on the steering wheel for now. Looking for some suggestion on where to put it. I used the wiring harness from Quick Connect Products. All plug and play. Microphone is in the headliner to the left of the rear view mirror. ipod, aux and USB Cables come out between the driver seat and the center console. Only problem is Subwoofer doesn't work when playing music from my iphone when hooked up to the cable. It only plays through the fronts and backs. Need to figure it out. Thought you would like to see!

Here are the pictures!

t=1232511357

t=1232511426

t=1232511450

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 AM
New moddin' canvas

Looking good. My car was in about the same state yours was. I even had to pull the gauge cluster for the work I was doing. How did you like removing the center pocket?

I just did the pxamg install for my ipod hookup and I have the cigblue hands free bluetooth. I wish I had got a different bluetooth setup because the quality is not good. The look of the cigblue is clean but lacking in the important parts. Good luck with your unit. I have only heard good things about Parrot.

post #3 of 12 Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
New moddin' canvas

I just bought a Parrot kit. I am having installed this weekend. I didn't want to tear my car apart again so I forked out the cash.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-21-2009, 07:04 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bruceleroy
should have installed it in the sunglass holder flipdown. more stealth
post #5 of 12 Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

The cable for the Display Screen isn't long enough to install it in the Sunglass Holder. I also use that for my glasses. Since I posted pictures, I re did the mount and moved it back closer to the "heads-up" Display. I think it looks much better.

The Parrot does not play Video Voice Mail from AT&T through the Bluetooth. I have to turn it off completely to hear my Voicemail

Also, the subwoofer does not play when I have the iphone connected with the Parrot Cable. The wiring harness from Quick Connect Products must have overlooked this. I am dissapointed not having this work. The cable cost $150.00!
post #6 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
4th Gear

Did you find out anything on the subwoofer problem? I'm thinking of getting this unit and was going to use the Quick Connect harness, but not if it doesn't fully work...

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L I4 Alabaster Silver Metallic
post #7 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Situation is somewhat fixed!

The guys from Quick Connect mailed me a pigtail harness that allows me to plug the kit into the "aux" input of the radio and I permanently wired it. When I listen to music, through my iphone, I have to physically change the radio to "Aux". The subwoofer now works fine and the sound is decent. The big problem, when a call comes in and the music is muted, the subwoofer is not. You here the subwoofer playing and you have to lower the volume.

If I had to do it over, with the money spent on the kit and harness, I would by an aftermarket radio with navi and bluetooth and a camera. The Pioneer Avic units are now dirt cheap and I think there a great value.

The downside to doing this, you will lose the display up top, except for the AC Controls and maybe the compass. I also think the dash kits from both Metra and Schose are mediocre at best and I do not like the overall look. The dash seems to plain, in my opinion. I personally like the factory look.

In addition, I think that Parrot has the best bluetooth kits from a sound quality, hands down. They are easy to update the software and the noise cancellling is excellent. The sound quality is better than any factory or aftermarket unit I've heard. That was very important to me. The only problem with the 9200 is with an iPhone. You cannot stream the "Video Voicemail" through the bluetooth. In order to get around it, you can dial your phone number direct and then it will work through the car speakers or hear it through the phone.

Bottom Line: There is no utopia yet!

2008 Polished Metal Metallic, V6 Sedan
15% Tint All Around, Parrot MKI-9200
Autozone Grill Mod, Mud Flaps
Rear Deck Lip Spoiler
Retro-Solutions 55 Watt, 5,000 Kit
18" Coupe Wheels
17 mm TSX Rear Sway Bar
Motevo OEM Navigation
K & N Air Filter
post #8 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 06:32 PM
4th Gear

Yep, Parrot installs are usually pretty involved. Here's my setup: (You can see the whole thread through the link in my signature)

I had to look for a long time for a place I could mount the Parrot LCD where it would be out of the way and wouldn't draw too much attention. I'll tell you what, though, those harnesses from QuickConnect are worth their weight in gold. If I had to do the install without it I probably would've really messed something up.

I seem to have found a good balance with my setup. With my iPhone mounted there on the dash I have a line-level output (through the dock connector using the Kensington LiquidAux, and it charges the iPhone as well) which goes directly to the Aux input in the center console. Best of both worlds, and it works perfectly. (And not incidentally, it sounds amazing.)

And my visual voicemail works perfectly with my iPhone. When you access it there's a button in the top right-hand corner that allows you to select the Parrot as your output.

Current Ride:
2009 Accord EX PMM Sedan ¡Por fin, Mijo!
35% Llumar Tint all around
Splashguards and FloorLiners

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Yes, with a Sedan!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honda History:
1991 Civic w/ 120,000mi
Sadly trashed in an accident

1987 Accord Sedan w/ 140,000mi
Ol' Blue - burned a lot of oil
post #9 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packagingpro View Post
You cannot stream the "Video Voicemail" through the bluetooth.
I've noticed you used the term "Video Voicemail" twice. Although "Video Voicemail" would be neat, its actually termed "Visual Voicemail". Just a friendly correction.

Anyway, thanks for the info about the audio problem with the MKI-9200. Perhaps it would work better with a different harness. I'll need to do some more research.

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L I4 Alabaster Silver Metallic
post #10 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Does your knee hit it when getting in car?

Also, the MKI series is a big upgrade to the 3100!

Rear Deck Lip Spoiler
18" Coupe Wheels
17 mm TSX Rear Sway Bar
Motevo OEM Navigation
K & N Air Filter
post #11 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Also, the iphone 3.0 software comes out in 2 days. one addition is stereo bluetooth. I wonder if this may fix the issue. I heard you can stream apps over the bluetooth.

It is Visual Voicemail, my goof

Rear Deck Lip Spoiler
18" Coupe Wheels
17 mm TSX Rear Sway Bar
Motevo OEM Navigation
K & N Air Filter
post #12 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
4th Gear

That's true that the 3.0 will support true A2DP streaming, so it might solve your issues, but I hear apple is keeping most of the other bluetooth protocols pretty locked down.

Current Ride:
2009 Accord EX PMM Sedan ¡Por fin, Mijo!
35% Llumar Tint all around
Splashguards and FloorLiners

(Yes, with a Sedan!)

Honda History:
1991 Civic w/ 120,000mi
Sadly trashed in an accident

1987 Accord Sedan w/ 140,000mi
Ol' Blue - burned a lot of oil
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.