PIAA Xtreme White H11 Bulbs Suck! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to indobladez2
PIAA Xtreme White H11 Bulbs Suck!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to introduce myself.
I'm Alay Patel, im a grahpic designer/student from New Jersey.
I have a 2008 Accord Coupe LX-S (Nighthawk Black), and i recently installed PIAA Xtreme White H11 bulbs to replace the OEM Honda bulbs.

I must say, these bulbs suck. I honestly can not tell a difference. It was $85 gone to waste.

I wanted Pure White headlights to improve my visibility, but these headlights have done absolutely nothing. They look completely stock.

I'll take pictures and upload them tomorrow, but just throwing out a warning/advice not to buy these garbage bulbs.

post #2 of 12 Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
need 6 speed!

Send a message via AIM to AznX TL
wow $5 more and you could of had an hid kit.

-'15 Accord Sport 6-speed
no mods
RIP-08 Accord lx-s 5speed manual/ tafetta white
|DDM tuning 6k hids|12" Alpine Type-R|TSX switchblade|Lip spoiler|Type-R Suede red stitch boot|Gunmetal Type-R knob|
|Intake Resonator Delete|Hyper White led license plate led|led interior bulbs|Smoked Reverse lights|

Previous owned
-97 Acura 2.2CL auto/Flamenco Black
post #3 of 12 Old 10-09-2008, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to indobladez2
I know, but i didn't really want HIDs. I just wanted to replace the H11 bulbs with a better bulb. I'm thinking of getting rid of these and putting in Luminics bulbs.

post #4 of 12 Old 10-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to A&Fbro28 Send a message via Yahoo to A&Fbro28
Let me understand. You want better lights but you dont want HIDS so you pay 20.00 over what you could have paid for an ebay hid kit (mine was 57.00 shipped and doing great) and now you are complaining? For argument PIAA are some of the best halogen bulbs you can get so theres nothing else any beter unless u do go HID. PIAA makes a Plasna Blue bulb thats HID blue but not HID bright.

2013 Honda FIT Sport w/ Navigation
5000k HID's, Leather seats, Full Harmon Kardon System System, Cusco Mid-Brace. 10mm rear spacers, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, HPS short ram intake and Tein S-Tech springs with race header and more to come

08 Acura TL w/Technology Pkg

08 Taffeta White Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi Coupe (traded-in)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

If you want "White" lights, get a H11 bulbs from EuroDezigns.
They are like $15 from ebay and they give you that "Wannabe HID" look.

2008 Honda Accord LX-S 5SAT Silver
2003 Honda Civic LX 4SAT Black
post #6 of 12 Old 10-09-2008, 09:15 PM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

Stay stock or go HID. Most of these aftermarket bulbs die real fast and it becomes PITA to replace them.

08 Accord V6 Coupe Auto NAV PMM/Black

20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
post #7 of 12 Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 AM
6th Gear

Bulbs with a blue coating will give you the white or bluish light, but will have less output of "usable light." Don't get the luminics bulbs, visibility will be worse.

2008 NBP EX Coupe | 5000k HIDs | LED interior/reverse | Harmon Kardon Ipod Interface | 35% tints | Hyper Yellow DRL | LED Halo Fogs | Silverstar Turn Signals | Chrome Grille Strips/Mesh lower grille | Taillight Tint
post #8 of 12 Old 10-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Wisdom Born of Age

Originally Posted by nighthawkcoupe View Post
Bulbs with a blue coating will give you the white or bluish light, but will have less output of "usable light." Don't get the luminics bulbs, visibility will be worse.
Correct and in addition in order to compensate for the reduced light output, the wattage is increased which can harm the bulb harness or socket.

2008 Honda Accord LX-P Sedan Taffeta White
  • XB35 4500K Morimoto HID
  • Morimoto H1 Retrofit
  • Ultra Racing Upper Strut Bar
  • TSX Rear Sway Bar
  • Spyder LED Tail Light w/Tubes
  • PUTCO LED Dome Light Kit
  • Chrome grill overlay
  • Odyssey Lower Grill
  • Stainless steel door sills
  • Crosstour Leather Shift Knob
  • EX-L "Wood" Interior
  • Llumar High Performance 35% Tint
  • Rear Lip

Squirrels ...............nature's speed bump
post #9 of 12 Old 10-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Nut behind the wheel!

Hey what part of jersey, I use to Live in Newark. I had the same issue with my acccord, I had the PIAA, I bought 4 H11 Osram inightbreaker bulbs and i'm quite pleased,no complaints here, BTW Osram is the company that makrs the stock oem bulbs for honda and many other auto manufactures. they are also safe and operate at the stock wattage so ni wiring harness issues. I bought them from . they're in Maryland so shipping to jersey wont take to long.

2008 San Marino Red/Ivory Accord Coup, V6,6MT,Navi
Future Mods: full honda HFP kit
post #10 of 12 Old 10-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Boosted Sedan

I was just about to post about this issue so this is interesting to read ...
I can go to my local Auto parts place and buy a set of bulbs whether it be Piaa
or other misc. hyper white/pure white halogen replacements. On my old car (after about 2 sets burning out) I had the Piaa's which lasted me 2yrs until i traded up for the Accord. They were nice color wise at night, white with a hint of bluish (not a fan of the pure blue hue) but the actual light output seemed worse and had a cutoff very short on the road ...

I am not the biggest fan of stock halogens (the color anyways) but don't have the projectors for Hids ... so this is my only choice for now ...

2012 Midnight Black Hyundai Sonata 2.0T W/Navigation &
2011 Taffetta White Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Wife's)

Vehicle History:
2009 Honda Accord Sedan I4 (Wife's first Honda)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT W/Navigation
2000 VW GTI VR6
1994 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1989 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1988 Buick Park Ave V6 (First Car)
post #11 of 12 Old 10-11-2008, 07:04 AM

off topic, but i saw a Ford focus with projector lights, when did this happen??
post #12 of 12 Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

I just replaced my low beams with Hoen's Xenonmatch and it looks good without the sacrifice of visibility, temp at 4000K and it comes in the stock wattage. If you want a 4300K, you can opt for Xenonmatch Plus, rated at 70 Watts. It has the same lumes as the 4000K but with extra filters. \

piaa xtreme white bulbs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.