Accord coupe HFP body kit install-self installed - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Yes I drive an Accord

Accord coupe HFP body kit install-self installed

here are some pics of how I installed my HFP body kit today. Dont mind my stupid brother. He was helping me put it on.

INSTALLED PICS:

Blu3RSX likes this.
Advertisement

post #2 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
~Sexy Time~

Send a message via AIM to Mase764
nice niceee job

*Steve*
08' Belize Blue Pearl 2 Door Coupe V6!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

15 % Tints
TSX Switch Blade
Blue LED installed in interior
OEM Interior Illumination
Tein SS Coilovers Installed
Rear Sway Bar Installed
T rex Billet Grille Installed

Tailight tints (waiting to be installed)
V-LEDS Type2 Color Changing LED turn signal bulbs 6k (Selling Since I bought 8k HID's)
post #3 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
6th Gear

Self install huh? Impressive. BTW, your brother is a riot!

2008 HFP Coupe
EX-L V6/Nav Polished Metal Metallic

Auto Start, Auto-Dim Mirror, Rear view Camera, Passport 9500ix,
Interior Illumination, First Aid Kit, All Season Floor Mats, Trunk Tray,
Cargo Net, Cargo Hooks, Change Holder, SPC Camber
Kit,
TSX Sway Bar, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Wheel Locks

post #4 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
4th Gear

you didnt cut the front or the rear bumper to install? did u take the bumpers off too? Dam then i should of install the kit without cutting anything.
post #5 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Yes I drive an Accord

no nothing had to be cut, but i did have to drill 4 holes in the front bumper and 2 in the rear bumper for holding straps. I did not have to remove the bumpers to install the kit. Took me about 2 hours to do the whole install. It came out perfect.
post #6 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

HFP kit is actually just simple "bumper cover" and NOT the whole new bumper itself. I dont understand y people keep saying "no cutting?" Q. u just need to do some double side taping and couple bolts here and there...bam u got it. BUT the dealer will charge u like 4-500 your hard earned bucks for this simple task. they told me it takes 4 hours for the installation of this kit !!!!! so i was like "I can do this entire kit for about hour and a helf. u machanics takes 4 freakin hours??? yea right.
post #7 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
4th Gear

Very nice installation job, and the kit looks great!
The one thing that I don't like about the front lip kit is the black around the fog lights... personally think it would look better if the color matched. What did you pay for the kit?
post #8 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Vtahk didnt kick in

Send a message via AIM to Gosha
wait, how did you not cut the bumpers? how did u even fit the damn thing on there for front and back without cutting the bumper?

the front bumper needs to be cut where the fogs are, and the rear needs to be cut where the muffs would be....

i am really confused with the no cutting comment, how is this possible?

its gotta be impossible without cutting....

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L V6/Navi PMM
post #9 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosha View Post
wait, how did you not cut the bumpers? how did u even fit the damn thing on there for front and back without cutting the bumper?

the front bumper needs to be cut where the fogs are, and the rear needs to be cut where the muffs would be....

i am really confused with the no cutting comment, how is this possible?

its gotta be impossible without cutting....
The kit is just a "bumper corver"
u just stick that kit on top of your front and back bumper with double side tape and bolts'm from the side and bottom. same thing for the side.
Dont let the dealer rip you off for this simple installation. I think u can buy the kit for around $970 online.
post #10 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear

Bumper cover, body kit whatever you want to "technically" call it - it looks good!

------------------------------------------
2009 Mystic Green EX-L V6 sedan w/Navi

Las Vegas, NV

Follow me twitter.com/mmmii

Current Mods: 8% Tint - Kensington LiquidAUX for iPhone - OEM Splash Guards - Viper 7501 Alarm/Remote Start w/tilt and glass breakage sensor, windows up/down via remote - Decklid Spoiler - OEM Rearview Camera - Slotted/Dimpled Performance Rotors - Motegi 18"s - Toyo Proxes 4 (240/45/18)

Future Mods: Interior Illumination - Fosgate Sub(s) - Fosgate amp
post #11 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 PM
5th Gear

nice job!!! HFP kit looks hot! When you installing the HFP suspension?! Any plans for the wheels???

2008 Accord Sedan EX A/T
Alabaster Silver Metallic
Tints, Trunk Tray, Splash Guards, 3M Clear Bra, TSX Switchblade, Roof Spoiler

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S
Silver
BONE STOCK!

1999 Accord Sedan EX V6 - R.I.P. :(
Heather Mist Metallic, 175k miles!
AEM Intake, Helix TB Spacer

Need a detailer in Phoenix? PM me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Out of Control

It's a tacked-on kit; no need to cut anything. Do you think somebody who actually installed it is going to lie to you? Plus you just have to look at the kit to figure it out. And yes, those 'racoon' eyes look like crap.

Hey, I even doubt it's necessary to remove the wheels at all. Just turn the front wheels left and right to allow a normal screwdriver to clear. Or you can use an offset screwdriver with the wheels straight. Seems like just 2 screws on each front side.
JC
post #13 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Vtahk didnt kick in

Send a message via AIM to Gosha
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusiongt View Post
The kit is just a "bumper corver"
u just stick that kit on top of your front and back bumper with double side tape and bolts'm from the side and bottom. same thing for the side.
Dont let the dealer rip you off for this simple installation. I think u can buy the kit for around $970 online.
wait are you for real or what?

i thought it was NEEDED to be cut in order to fit? why is there cutting involved in the first place in the instructions?

i never planned on paying the dealer to install mine i was going to do it myself, with cutting being the downside...

can someone else confirm this? can the kits just be stuck on the bumpers and just bolted on?

if you look at the instructions there are many bolts to be put in.
if you guys just suggesting using couple of screws and tape and call it a day then it will just fall off on the freeway...

so can others confirm if no cutting is needed and still possible to install the kit?

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L V6/Navi PMM
post #14 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 09:39 PM
4th Gear

I installed the kit myself too by following the college hill instructions. I had to to cut the area where the fog lights are and the muffler area. I belive if you dont cut those trims off like the instruction, its not going to fit perfectly to the bumper
post #15 of 115 Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

I had mine self installed.I cutted mine to make it fit following the instruction on collegehillhonda.but then again i never test fitted it to see if it would fit before cutting in to it.Now i wish would have *banging head on the wall*

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.