Just got my sedan tinted but hazy/blurry out back???? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Just got my sedan tinted but hazy/blurry out back????

I just got my windows tinted in my sedan on Monday...FormulaOne Pinnacle tint 15% rear/back windows and 35% front two windows...at night and even during the day when I look in my rear view mirror lights and certain moving objects have like a slight blur hazy look to them (this is more noticable at night with headlights, they look blurred over the defrost lines). I know a lot of people on here have tinted their 8th Gens and am wondering if I should take it back to the shop or if this is normal. It also looks kind of hazy/slight off color purple tinge from the inside on the front two windows right now not sure if thats because it hasn't dried yet but it doesn't look that way from the outside. Please let me know your advice with this kind of tint and how it should be.

Thanks,

-CV

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 W/Nav Sedan NHBP
2002 Honda CR-V EX 4WD

Previously owned...
2003 Honda Element EX 4WD
1990 Honda Accord EX
1989 Honda Prelude
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-03-2008, 06:00 AM
08 Accord EX Coupe

I think it's cause it hasn't dried. After I got mine done I parked out in direct sun for about a week and it went away.

post #3 of 9 Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08CoupeFella View Post
I think it's cause it hasn't dried. After I got mine done I parked out in direct sun for about a week and it went away.
yup try that sometimes it just needs to dry out.

post #4 of 9 Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
aka Rich

Send a message via AIM to Sig86 CM8 Send a message via Yahoo to Sig86 CM8
give it about week like both of them ^ said

04 Accord Coupe V6 6spd NHBP
^modified, but never done^
post #5 of 9 Old 09-03-2008, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

just a tip for those with tints....it is MUCH easier to see out your rearview mirror at night if you turn the auto function to off
post #6 of 9 Old 09-03-2008, 09:41 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to morcheez
yeah give it a week and see if its gone by then...just make sure u gets lots of sunlight otherwise extend that period of time

08 ASM Coupe i4/ tint / lip spoiler / 6k hids / 20" verde chaos 45mm offset 255/35 nitto nt555 / eibach pro kit / autozone grille mod / weathertech floor liners / clarion touchscreen / tsx key / trunk liner/ dual exhaust, v-leds white&amber turn bulbs/ fog lights w nokya 2500 bulbs/ odyssey lower grill/ custom wall in trunk/ 35&20 tint/black roof/ color matched grill and rear "H"
post #7 of 9 Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 AM
4th Gear

i noticed that too!!!! when i first had mine tinted and at night i had the same thing... it either went away or i got used to it heheh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
TitanRevolution

Make sure its not the auto dim feature, if not i would definately take it back to the tint shop if after a week you are still incurring the same problem
post #9 of 9 Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Out of Control

Mine wasn't like that at all. Hopefully the tint guy thoroughly cleaned the rear window, which in my car was full of haze since I bought it. I couldn't completely remove it myself with a myriad of cleaners, but the tint guy did it with some kind of dish soap; go figure. Good luck man; keep us posted if it goes away.
JC
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.