Homelink - Garage Door Opener - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Homelink - Garage Door Opener

I've read through my manual and still have some trouble setting up my homelink buttons to work with my garage door opener.

Anybody else having some difficulty with this? Any tips or tricks on how to get this programmed correctly?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 20% Tint.
1996 Civic Coupe Si 5MT -GBP
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

push the red square on your garage door motor. This will set it into program mode and you have 30 sec to run to your car to press the homelink button. Thats what i did when i had trouble when i set up mine.

2008 HONDA ACCORD EXL V6 + NAVI Polished Metal Metallic. 10,000 miles
post #3 of 10 Old 08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
Depending on the garage door opener manufacturer, it will be called a learning or training button.

I just did this with my new house.

First find the training button on the garage door opener itself. Don't tap the button yet. Leave the ladder there.

Get in the car. Press and hold the #1 and #3 Homelink buttons for about 20 seconds. The light will flash rapidly when its in program mode.

Run up the ladder and tap the learning button.

Get back in the car with one of the garage door remotes.

At the same time, press and hold the Homelink button you want to program while pressing a corresponding button on the door remote. The Homelink light will blink slow then fast.

If you have a second garage opener to program, at this point immediately run up the ladder and tap the learning button on the second garage door opener. Follow the same steps with a different Homelink button and button on the remote.

The last step for a second garage door is important. I was holding the #1 and #3 buttons to restart the program mode for the second button and it would erase the first button I programmed. As soon as the first one is finished, start the second one.

Let the car alone for a couple of minutes so the program mode turns off.

Test by holding the Homelink button for a second or two to activate the garage door.

Current: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 1989 Prelude Si

Come & Gone: 84 Accord HB, 91 CRX Si, 89 Accord LXi, 90 Accord LX Cpe, 94 Accord EX, 95 Accord EX Cpe, 98 Accord EX, 99 A4, 03 Accord EX-L, 91 Civic RT4WD Wagon, 06 Accord EX-L NAVI, 09 Mazda 6 iGT

From The Dark Period: 01.5 Passat, 08 Accord 6-6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-06-2008, 06:53 AM
1st Gear

If you hold the first and third button, that erases all programming in the homelink, that's why you were having a problem getting the second button programmed. All you need to do it hold the button on the remote you want to program and the button on the homelink you want to program at the same time. This will complete the first step. If that doesn't work, you will then have to push the training button on the garage door unit itself and once the light starts flashing, go press the homelink button you want to program for 2-3 seconds. After the training light stops flashing, push the homelink button for a least 1 second and it should open/close the door.

'08 Accord Sedan - EX-L V6 w/Nav - 5AT
Basque Red Pearl
post #5 of 10 Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Out of Control

It's all in the freaking manual.

But in clear steps, here it is:

1. Clear the memory by pressing buttons #1 and #3 at the same time. Wait about 20 seconds until the light starts to blink RAPIDLY.
2. Choose the button you want and press both that button and the remote until the light BLINKS, indicating it's programmed.
3. NOW it's time to press the learn button on the garage unit. After doing so, press the Homelink button programmed until you hear a 'click'. Release it, press it again and it should operate the door. You're done. Hope this helps.
JC
post #6 of 10 Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Thanks for your replies. I guess the only other option is that my garage door opener is an older model and may not work with the homelink systems. This is stated in the manual as a possible problem.

- 20% Tint.
1996 Civic Coupe Si 5MT -GBP
post #7 of 10 Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to ryan mcgrogan
any pics of homelink installed in the car?
post #8 of 10 Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
HONDA LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by weibun1976 View Post
Thanks for your replies. I guess the only other option is that my garage door opener is an older model and may not work with the homelink systems. This is stated in the manual as a possible problem.
If your garage door opener has the button, then it will work. If it doesn't have the button, then I'm afraid you are out of luck.

My current love:
2009 EX-L V6 Coupe
Belize Blue Pearl w/black interior
Wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards, 35% tint

My first love:
1998 EX V6 Coupe
Dark Emerald Pearl w/ivory interior and woodgrain accents
K&N intake system, splash guards
post #9 of 10 Old 08-06-2008, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

Here ya go:

'08 Accord Sedan - EX-L V6 w/Nav - 5AT
Basque Red Pearl
post #10 of 10 Old 08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Honda Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kazooie16 Send a message via MSN to kazooie16
got a pic on my sig of the Homelink ...click the link

Exterior:
32% Front, 13% Back Titanium Tints
6000k H.I.D. Headlights
Eibach Pro Kit
Officially DEBADGED!

Interior:
Battery Powered HomeLink Upgrade
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.