Can you explain the SVC settings.... - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-08-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Can you explain the SVC settings....

I don't get the SVC setting, "low, mid, high". I understand the concept. As you go faster and the engine/wind noise gets louder the volume increases so the sound your ears take in is constant and not lessened by exterior noise.

Why does it need any settings? I presumed this system just works/adjusts to keep the sound to your ears the same at 70mph as it is at a stoplight. Why do you need to set anything?

Could you also explain the pro/cons of the three settings. i.e. If I set it to low does this limit the max volume? If I set it high does this limit the low volume?

Thanks guys, I get the concept just not why settings are needed. Explain it to me like I am a fifth-grader.

BTW, I just bought a black EX-L V6 with Navi. and a lip spoiler to replace my '04 EX-L V6 with Navi. Loving the new generation and the bluetooth is awesome. This is my fifth Honda and loving it. I have no interest in buying a "Nicer" car than an Accord. I can't think of anything that my Accord does not have. What am I going to buy a Mercedes with the same bells and whistles but is an electrical nightmare and not nearly as dependable. No way! It is a nice feeling not wanting any car but the one you have. O.k., If I win the lottery a Ferrari might be nice, but you get the idea.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Scott

Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Out of Control

It simply increases radio volume as speed increases; there's no microphone keeping volume the same. Rather than getting a thousand explanations, just play with it yourself and choose the setting you prefer.
I don't like it myself, so it's off. Even the 'low' setting raises the volume too much for my liking. Just a gimmick IMO. Later.
JC

post #3 of 9 Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Ascended

what is svc something to do with svc? where is the switch/button to even adjust this elusive entity?

The One

there can only be one, number one

2008 PMM EXL-V6 Accord Coupe

Mods: 18% Rear Windows, 35% Front Windows, Falken 'Status' Rims, 3M Rockguard (bumper, side mirrors, 18" hood), Front HFP Lip, High/Low/Fog Lights HID, LED License Plate, OEM Interior Illumination, Accord Trunk Tray, Crosstour Leather Shift Knob, Super White LED Interior Lights.

Upcoming: Odyssey Grill

post #4 of 9 Old 07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Out of Control

Bass, treble, fader, balance, SVC. Later.
JC
post #5 of 9 Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Sure, If I don't get a good answer...

I will just fiddle with it. I just presumed I would have to fiddle with it too much. For example there are three settings. So I would have to try each setting with same music or at least similiar, accelerate to different speeds and have to use the exact same volume number for each test.

I thought asking might just be easier than to drive adjust drive adjust drive adjust. Hmmm...unsure lets do it again...drive adjust drive adjust etc.

Scott
post #6 of 9 Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 AM
4x with no end in sight

It's not complicated. The settings control the degree to which the volume is reduced as you slow down. High reduces the volume the most, mid less than that and low the least.

Let's say you have your volume set to 25. The high setting might lower your volume to the equivalent of 15 when you're stopped. The mid setting, maybe to 18. And the low setting, to 21.

These numbers are only for the purpose of explanation... they aren't actual measured values.

Does that help?

Current: 2018 Accord 1.5T EX-L/ Radiant Red/ Ivory Leather
Previous: '14 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan, '13 Accord EX-L I4 Sedan, '08 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan, '03 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan, '00 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
post #7 of 9 Old 07-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
It comes in handy if you do much of your 45mph + driving with the windows down versus up.

Also, the NAVI voice has its own, separate SVC setting. I find that one more helpful. At highways speeds with the radio on, wind noise, chatting with passengers . . . the standard volume is often too low. Set the voice volume high and she'll scream at city speeds. The NAVI SVC adjusts it nicely.

Current: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 1989 Prelude Si

Come & Gone: 84 Accord HB, 91 CRX Si, 89 Accord LXi, 90 Accord LX Cpe, 94 Accord EX, 95 Accord EX Cpe, 98 Accord EX, 99 A4, 03 Accord EX-L, 91 Civic RT4WD Wagon, 06 Accord EX-L NAVI, 09 Mazda 6 iGT

From The Dark Period: 01.5 Passat, 08 Accord 6-6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-09-2008, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks guys.

post #9 of 9 Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 AM
4th Gear

i have my svc on high and usually listen to my music with the windows down and the volume at 15-24 depending on my mood....

my girlfriend doesn't talk as loud over the phone since i've had the accord... heck, no one speaks up over the phone now, i can barely hear them... you can also find me asking "what?" or saying "you're mumbling" when you're talking to me now

Maybe its time to turn my svc OFF!!! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.