8th Accord EX Installing Viper 5704 w/ DBALL2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-16-2014, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

8th Accord EX Installing Viper 5704 w/ DBALL2

Hi, all, gurus,

Am trying to do this install by myself. Believe I have read all reference posts here and everywhere else as I possibly could. But still not 100% certain before I'm ready to start wiring.

Main question here is that if I follow the DBALL2 diagram, the wiring is so (overwhelmingly) simple if I use D2D. The wiring diagram in DBALL2's installation guide only shows, from RS module (viper 5704 in my case) side, there're only 6 (7 if starter wire counted as 2) wires to be connected, asides the D2D harness. Since every other post that I found was either on a different vehicle, different RS module, or different bypass module, just want to make sure by kinda double-checking with you guys.

Anyway, I attached below a wiring sketch that I put together for myself (the thick line connecting 5704 and DBALL2 is D2D harness). See if I got everything I need. Any help would be really appreciated.

Name: Diagram.jpg
Views: 9395
Size: 46.5 KB

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 AM

Looks like you are missing a few connections on the H3 harness.

I'm not looking at any guides right now but from memory you need to connect all 3 red wires from the H3 harness to a 12V source. I think RED, RED/WHITE, RED/BLACK. I connect them together along with H1/1 then connect to 12V at the ignition harness. Looks like white in your case.

There should also be 2 Accessory wires. The second wire can be programmed as accessory in the 5704 menu.

You need a ground from H2 for neutral safety.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #3 of 12 Old 02-16-2014, 09:03 AM
4th Gear

Check this post. I did mine about a year ago and found alot of good info that helped me get it done...

8th Gen Accord Remote start project HELPS! Viper 5904

2010 ASM Sedan EX-L V6

20x10.5/20x8.5 XXR 521 | AirForce Struts | Accuair E-Level | JDM Inspire Trunk Conversion | LED Rear Conversion | Custom iPad Mini | Audison Bit Ten | Alpine Type-R Speakers and PDX-V9 Amplifier | Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure | Honda OEM Head Unit | Mormimoto Mini H1 Retro/Apollo Shrouds/TRS xBA LED Angel Eyes | Takeda SRI | EBC Brakes | OEM Illuminated Door Sills | 35% Tint | Viper 5704 Security/Remote Start | Husky Floorliners

post #4 of 12 Old 02-16-2014, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Great, guys, this is exactly what I was looking for! It makes sense to connect the H3 +12VDC wires.

Question for Stu -- thanks for the great post. In your guide chart with highlighted connections (), do we still have to hook up the 1) rear defrost H2/3; 2) hood pin H2/17? even if we're using DBALL? I read from the other post that these could be taken care of by DBALL already?

Sorry if I'm having a few more questions:
-- It seems we don't have to deal with any relays with the set up. Am I right or missing something?
-- Also on the light flash polarity. How did you guys set the jumper fuse on 5704?

Thanks
post #5 of 12 Old 02-16-2014, 11:42 AM

You still need the defroster wire.

Set the jumper according to what light wire you are connecting to. If it's a (+) wire set the jumper to (+) or else set it to (-).

No need for relays. The 5704 has bulit in flex relays. That's why you need 12V to all the red wires.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #6 of 12 Old 02-16-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Ok here's what I have so far (loaded a redone diagram below).

Can't get the idea of 2nd accessory that you mentioned, though. Were you referring to H2/22 (orange, (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT)? Where should it go?

Name: Diagram_v2.jpg
Views: 5012
Size: 51.9 KB
post #7 of 12 Old 02-16-2014, 02:35 PM

The second Accessory wire is Pink/White on H3. It can be accessory, starter, or ign.

You change the function in menu 3 of the 5704.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #8 of 12 Old 02-20-2014, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Just covered up the knee kick. Works great. Michigan winter will be a lil easier now.

Thank you broder LXV6, and Stu. Your prompt replies made the whole thing a lot easier. Solute.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-20-2014, 10:12 PM
4th Gear

Anyway u can do a diy I am really trying to install this my self. Same alarm with dball thanks in advance
post #10 of 12 Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 PM
4th Gear

x2 on a diy if possible
post #11 of 12 Old 02-21-2014, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Sorry I've already put everything back and never really thought about taping it. In my mind Stu's post should be a good start. My final diagram is attached below, which was made just for myself, but if in case might be of any help. Actual wiring wasn't that bad once you locate the connectors, for the most of the part, except ignition switch (because of high gauge wires). I almost made a T-harness for it. I also came across a ready-made harness on some website that you can purchase, which might supposedly save you form tapping into the thick wires. But I ended up cutting into the wires myself, just want to finish the project quick. Besides hours spent researching, the actual wiring took me about 3-4 hours, including rounding the wires, setting antenna in place, etc., so just make sure allocate enough time.

See if this is helpful. Otherwise, feel free to ask if there's any specific question, I believe a lot people around the site are more knowledgeable than me and willing to help and answer your questions.

Name: Diagram_final.jpg
Views: 4655
Size: 57.6 KB
post #12 of 12 Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

I'm looking at putting in a AstroStart RS-625 into my accord this spring here. I've installed a remote start in our old 2003 Pilot about 7 years ago before things like DBALL2 etc existed. I think I'm pretty much set except for one Item I'm unclear of... the rear defroster.

The RS-625 has 3 aux modes which you can see here:

The rear defroster appears to be a latched (-) trigger. How did (would) you guys set this trigger? I'm thinking of using the Aux2 function, but unsure if it should be Constant, or 4minutes --- thoughts? Opinions?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.