Parrot Bluetooth CK3100 Install Frustrations - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-05-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Parrot Bluetooth CK3100 Install Frustrations

Hello all,

I thought I would have some fun today installing my Parrot Bluetooth Ck3100 into my new 2008 I4 Taffeta Accord EX-L.

I am a DIY guy and have done several installs similar to this before. To make it easy i also purchased the QCHBB-CV quick connect harness from quick connect products.

Should be a piece of cake eh? Wrong! The description on the QCHBB-CV says that it works with the new 2008 Accord EX-L amplified stereo, but if fact is doesn't! What the hell! After taking the stereo out to my frustration the connector for the harness not match the connector on the back of the stereo. If I am missing something obvious, please let me know. From what I can tell the guys at quick connect products have wrongly assumed that there were no changes from the 2007 Accords to the 2008's. I am attaching pictures below.

Front of Stereo

Back of Stereo

Closeup of Back

QCHBB-CV

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 05:19 AM
2nd Gear

Just curious why you chose the Parrot CK3100? Did you look at other units? I'm currently on the fence about ordering the EX-L w/ NAVI as I really want Bluetooth. I think I will just go base EX-L and add an aftermarket system like you did. Will the Parrot go through the stereo?

post #3 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Administrator

So as for the harness fit, I'm not familiar at all with these amplified systems like you have - my Honda install was on a standard '06 plug 'n play. I did find, however, that working with Howard at quickconnectproducts.com, he was very helpful about questions and working out config issues with me when I was getting ready to install on my 07 Freestyle (ford has an odd harness for radios with the phone mute button). His web site says that if you have an issue to send him a pic of the rear panel and they'll work it out - so since you have the pic, let us know what he says for others going to install in the future on the '08 EX-L! I do know that the harnesses work great!

As far as why to get a CK3100 - if you don't have the Nav system, then this is by far the cheapest way to get bluetooth along with a display of incoming calls. It works great and installs very quickly - and for under $150 for the unit, is a great buy! I have one each in the Freestyle and Montego, and the one in the Montego was moved over from my Pilot previously.

andy

post #4 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 06:26 AM
It's all just Hunky!

Keep us updated on your install. I am looking at the 3100 myself and would like to see where you place the display as well as the cabling issue you face now.

08 EX-L V6 Coupe
Life is Good!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I think I am returning everything

Andy,

I have been working with Howard. He has replied that they do not currently have a product that will work with the 2008 Accord EX-L Stereo. I will be able to get my money back on the return of the harness but not the Ck3100 because I bought it from another source. I will have to seel the Parrot on ebay for a loss.

I could do a custom wire splice install, but I do not have any of the pin out information from the new Accord stereo, and don't really feel like going though the hassel. I hope quick connect updates their website/documentation so that no one else has to go through this pain in the a**!

Todd
post #6 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
It's all just Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theadlee View Post
Andy,

I have been working with Howard. He has replied that they do not currently have a product that will work with the 2008 Accord EX-L Stereo. I will be able to get my money back on the return of the harness but not the Ck3100 because I bought it from another source. I will have to seel the Parrot on ebay for a loss.

I could do a custom wire splice install, but I do not have any of the pin out information from the new Accord stereo, and don't really feel like going though the hassel. I hope quick connect updates their website/documentation so that no one else has to go through this pain in the a**!

Todd

Did they give you an ETA on the cable solution?

08 EX-L V6 Coupe
Life is Good!
post #7 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 AM
2nd Gear

My dealer wants to install the BlueConnect based system that goes in the sunglass holder. That does seem like a nice and tidy install but I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with this unit? My number one concern is sound quality of my voice. I've been in too many cars where callers complain they can't hear you etc thereby making the system useless in my opinion.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
8th Gen Audio Expert

Send a message via AIM to JamieJam1AIM
callers on my system have complained about road nise in the background on the oem navi bluetooth system... and if your seatbelt is no on.. OMG they hear the beep as if it was world war II I think Honda needs to improve to a multiple mic system and make it a condenser mic.. Im loading th car with dynamat and hopefully that will cut down a load of the noise.... we'll see......

"The Black Widow Accord" SOLD!!!!!!
"Team Hybrids" Hybrid Audio Technologies & JL Audio Sponsored Sound Quality Competitor.

2011-12-13 IASCA Amateur "North American Champion"
2011 IASCA Amateur Sound Quality, (RUNNER UP)"North American Championships"
IASCA 2012-13 Spring Break Nationals SQC Amateur Champion
IASCA 2011-12-13 Spring Break Nationals Install Amateur Champion
2012 IASCA Competitor of the Year
2012 IASCA Triple Crown Champion
Mods:
Full S/Q Competition AudioSystem
post #9 of 12 Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkubik View Post
My dealer wants to install the BlueConnect based system that goes in the sunglass holder. That does seem like a nice and tidy install but I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with this unit? My number one concern is sound quality of my voice. I've been in too many cars where callers complain they can't hear you etc thereby making the system useless in my opinion.

I asked for an ETA and did not get a response. You can try calling the directly.

Todd
post #10 of 12 Old 04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
My First Post

I have been looking for the same thing for a while.

I recently found this:

Crutchfield says it's designed for the Parrot3100. Do you think it will work?
post #11 of 12 Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Corvalis TTX

FYI.

I was looking at Bluetooth options for my 08 Sedan. Seems that QuickConnect now has the harness for 08 Accord EX-L. This harness connects a Parrot Bluetooth unit to the car's hard unit and WILL mute car audio when making/receiving calls. It's part number QCHBB-H3. Details can be found

Looks like we can use our existing steering wheel controls with the Parrot 3000 or 3100. Details

Mark - Retired automotive lighting engineer
14 Accord Touring V6 Sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB
post #12 of 12 Old 09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
4th Gear

Just in case anyone's curious, here's the link to the document detailing the installation and functionality of the Parrot Multicomm unit (so you can use the stock steering wheel controls). It appears it is only compatible with the Parrot CK3000 and the CK3100. Interesting stuff.

Current Ride:
2009 Accord EX PMM Sedan ¡Por fin, Mijo!
35% Llumar Tint all around
Splashguards and FloorLiners

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Yes, with a Sedan!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honda History:
1991 Civic w/ 120,000mi
Sadly trashed in an accident

1987 Accord Sedan w/ 140,000mi
Ol' Blue - burned a lot of oil
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.