DIY how I fixed my armrest bubbled, ripped, for $18 - Page 9 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
7Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #121 of 124 Old 08-01-2017, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

I also repelaced the armrest. It seems like this is a common problem with our model yes?

Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 08-03-2017, 07:46 AM
1st Gear

Hey everyone
Where is a good place to purchase a replacement?I know ebay and Amazon have replacements but who has one that matches the factory color the best? Alot of the reviews say color is off. Also has anyone ordered the complete arm rest that includes the bottom plastic too?
Any info is greatly appreciated

post #123 of 124 Old 08-14-2017, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

I bought a black leather armrest cover on Amazon (shipped from China). It was slightly too small but I was able to stretch it out to cover everything reasonably well and you wouldn't be able to tell unless you take a close look. It feels and looks way better than the vinyl ever did, even when it was brand new!

I used spray adhesive for the flat part on the top and then worked my way around with hot glue and laundry pins to stick around the edges. Once put back in place, everything fits great but the handle is a bit tight until it wears in (extra material around the handle causing it to not spring back as it usually does).

post #124 of 124 Old 10-23-2017, 04:12 PM
3rd Gear

I ended up having an upholstery shop re-upholster mine in leather last week. Not cheap, but it turned out really nice!

2009 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe V6 w/Navi, 6MT, Polished Metal Metallic.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.