New UR products: 27mm solid FSB and Rear Strut Tower Bar - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Car so nice, bought twice

New UR products: 27mm solid FSB and Rear Strut Tower Bar

Front Anti-roll Bar / Front Sway Bar / Front Stabilizer BarCode: UR-AR27-420Specification: 27mm Solid

Rear Strut Bar / Rear Tower BarCode: UR-RE2-2046Specification: 2 Points

URL:
=================

The second one is priced at $110 on the Bay, and the first one isn't for sale yet (it seems). I'd wait for pics to see how obnoxious the rear bar is. Wouldn't want a bar that stretches across the back windshield.

Now....the FSB. Seems it would dial in more understeer (my car already feels nervous in long sweepers at not-so-legal speeds), but at the same time, it would help make the car feel even more rail-like in straight lines, which is most of what I do anyways.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to Throwdown
Thanks for posting, actually got them both in a few weeks ago and haven't gotten them up on the site yet

|||

Don't see the parts you are looking for...
post #3 of 15 Old 11-18-2013, 06:36 PM
mobiless2

OEM TL SH-AWD is 31mm & standard TL is 30mm and cheaper. But I know you like UR.

2009 ASM EX I-4 Auto 4DR: Weapon-R I Throttle/TL FSB RSB/Morimoto H1/Fogs/K40/Viper 5704/exLED 146K

2015 HM SPORT I-4 CVT 4DR: TL RSB, exLED, OEM Tweeters-LED Mirrors-LED Tail Lights, Coutesy Lights, Ambient Light Kit, 4G TL Retrofit w/TSX-R Lens, RV6 PCD, Bridgestone Potenza S-04 36K

2016 ABP Civic EX-T CVT 4DR
exLED

post #4 of 15 Old 11-18-2013, 09:31 PM
lol wut

I'm curious as to how you would install the rear strut bar since the access panels are too small to shove a strut bar through them lol. I'm assuming you have to unbolt the whole rear bulkhead for this?
post #5 of 15 Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 PM
2nd Gear

Tradition rear strut bars will go through the trunk not across the windshield.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6-speed with Nav San Marino Red
| SI 6-speed shift knob | TSX Switchblade | 55w 6000k low -35w 3000k fog | Switchback LEDs | Weathertech Dark Tint Visors | Fumoto Valve | Debadged | Roof Spoiler
post #6 of 15 Old 11-19-2013, 01:44 AM
lol wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordLvr92 View Post
Tradition rear strut bars will go through the trunk not across the windshield.
Well it depends on where the strut towers are located in the car.. In which case the Accord is inside the rear bulkhead, directly behind the rear seats and not in the trunk.
post #7 of 15 Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiless2 View Post
OEM TL SH-AWD is 31mm & standard TL is 30mm and cheaper. But I know you like UR.
Are those solid or hollow though? I suspect on torsional rigidity, a 27mm solid would be more rigid than a hollow 31 (depending on sidewall thickness). Plus, it seemed that those required drilling to install the end links (from the sticky DIY post), and I wouldn't install anything that I couldn't uninstall. Although with the FSB I think I'd have to pay someone to install it anyways, since I'm not ballsy enough to drop a subframe on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerocket View Post
Well it depends on where the strut towers are located in the car.. In which case the Accord is inside the rear bulkhead, directly behind the rear seats and not in the trunk.
My understanding with coilovers is that the access is from the interior near the rear shelf. I wouldn't install it unless it could be done without alerting every car and cop behind you that it's there.

)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #8 of 15 Old 11-19-2013, 11:37 AM
lol wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowned12 View Post
My understanding with coilovers is that the access is from the interior near the rear shelf. I wouldn't install it unless it could be done without alerting every car and cop behind you that it's there.
That would be correct, the access panels to the shock tower in the rear is inside of the rear shelf. If you flip your rear seats down there are two small square panels on either side. These access panels are just barely big enough for you to squeeze your hand through, which makes me wonder how you're supposed to get the bar to line up in there as well as tighten it down
post #9 of 15 Old 06-18-2015, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwdown View Post
Thanks for posting, actually got them both in a few weeks ago and haven't gotten them up on the site yet
Hardcore bumping this thing. Is there any pics of the RSTB installed? Looks like it's going to require raer passengers to have a metal bar running behind their necks.

)

post #10 of 15 Old 06-18-2015, 08:06 PM
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe

I emailed Ultra racing. They said it goes in between the two "towers" or opening behind* the rear seats. So may not be compatible with subs in your trunk, but she provided no pictures for me.

Edit: for obvious reasons, if you ever need to fit something big and fold your rear seats down to do so, this bar will block it, so if you want to DD with it, better bring a rachet.

2008 6-6 Red Coupe - SOLD
New Car: 1972 Datsun 240z with Stroker 7.0L LS3, 6 speed manual
post #11 of 15 Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

I looked at my car...I don't see how the rear seat can be locked into position if there's a metal bar coming off the strut towers. It could maybe happen if you removed the seat belt tensioners to buy enough clearance underneath the rear deck tray between the two towers...but that would be a bit extreme.

)

post #12 of 15 Old 06-18-2015, 11:16 PM
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe

Hey I think you're over thinking this. It would look like this image. Obviously not exact but similar. They said the seat would lock fine as it is somehow mounted behind it. Idk. I haven't gotten it because I have a zenclosure subwoofer box that may pose to be in the way.

post #13 of 15 Old 06-19-2015, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

That's not possible on the sedan at least. Let me take a pic...brb...ok I'm back.

There's no access to the strut top from the trunk. You have to fold the seat down to get at the access panel (circled in red). You could *maybe* fit a bar under the rear deck but it would run into the seat belt tensioner for the middle seat (circled in yellow). I didn't get a great look at what else is up under the deck that could get in the way:

I don't know how the coupe looks on the inside, but UR doesn't make any mention on their site of coupe-only.

)

post #14 of 15 Old 06-19-2015, 03:08 AM
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe

It doesn't go that high. It goes in the gray carpet area about have the height up. It does not* connect to the struts themselves like the front strut bar.

Its purpose is to brace lower vs higher. Stock they raise the rear deck which also has the purpose of being a rear strut bar in itself, so that people who want to fold their seats down and pack stuff in the space can.

For performance, you want that area to be as tight as possible and not flex from corner to corner.

The part will work in both sedan and coupes fine.

post #15 of 15 Old 06-19-2015, 07:29 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to Throwdown
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowned12 View Post
Hardcore bumping this thing. Is there any pics of the RSTB installed? Looks like it's going to require raer passengers to have a metal bar running behind their necks.
I can reach out to some customers, we've sold about 20 of these since their release but haven't seen anyone post an installed pic. I'll also try to get a pic for you today but yes can confirm this goes between the opening when folding the seats down.

|||

Don't see the parts you are looking for...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.