Please make a DIY for Short Hub & Quick Release install w/abs and wheel controls - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-28-2013, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Please make a DIY for Short Hub & Quick Release install w/abs and wheel controls

Hey guys I need some help. I know how to do the install for a Short Hub & Quick Release setup, but I really need help on being able to continue using Cruise Control, Audio Controls & avoid SRS Warning light. I was able to accomplish this with my old setup on my EK, but I have moved on to bigger and better things. I am using my old setup which is a Nardi Wood Grain Deep Corn with Black Anodized Brushed spoke and NRG Short Hub & Gen 2.5 Quick Release. Someone please make a full DIY for me or send me in the right direction. I have not found a single link with the info I am looking for. I know I can make my own harnesses for each control and horn, but is it the same as an EK? I'm sure it isn't. The major issue is there really isn't a way to just unscrew CC and Audio Controls like all older hondas and relocate and wire them up. Could I use the same SRS resistor to avoid SRS warning?

Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-28-2013, 04:43 PM
5th Gear

Does your replacement wheel have the buttons to control the audio/cruise control/channel controller? Pic of it may help others figure out your dilemma.

post #3 of 10 Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

This post was made for the educated... I was asking someone to please make a DIY for a solution to be able to continue to use Cruise, Audio cont and avoid SRS Warning. If you don't know what a Nardi Deep Corn Wheel looks like, you probably won't be able to help me with my dilema....

Here are a couple pics for the uneducated...
Attached Images

post #4 of 10 Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvel007 View Post

This post was made for the educated... I was asking someone to please make a DIY for a solution to be able to continue to use Cruise, Audio cont and avoid SRS Warning. If you don't know what a Nardi Deep Corn Wheel looks like, you probably won't be able to help me with my dilema....

Here are a couple pics for the uneducated...
Because I've ever seen a Nardi Deep Corn Wheel, you are trying to be insulting? Very ignorant attitude for someone looking for assistance...I wanted to see a pic of the wheel and adapter to show the mechanic that installed my removable steering wheel on my Acura Vigor and a friend's BMW how he got around the SRS light on my dash, but with that response, you seem educated enough to figure it out. Good luck.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

I came for assistance. Not arguments. If you don't know, don't reply. That's all.......
post #6 of 10 Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 AM
4th Gear

Funny. You say that your post was for the educated, and you claim to be in that group, yet you are asking for someone else to create a full solution to your own problem. That is called irony.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadBlackEXLV6 For This Useful Post:
G2Nice (08-29-2013)
post #7 of 10 Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvel007 View Post
I came for assistance. Not arguments. If you don't know, don't reply. That's all.......
Wasn't looking for an argument, but judging by your response thus far, how else should I reply? I originally was trying to help. You really need to work on your people skills when asking for assistance. I'm done with your post, say whatever you like at this point...
post #8 of 10 Old 08-29-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

By using the term "educated," I am asking for some help from someone who has knowlegde of being able to continue utilizing Cruise Control, Audio Controls and avoid SRS after swapping to an aftermarket steering wheel. I have the knowledge to do the install and use the addtional equipment with my old EK, but considering I don't have the knowledge for the additional equipment to be functional on my 8th gen sedan, that is why I am asking for help. I asked for a full DIY thread, from start to finish, to help others, who don't have the knowledge at all...
post #9 of 10 Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 AM
3rd Gear

Sounds like you're alone on this venture.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

That's possible.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.