I4 pcd/downpipe - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
fffffffffffffffff

I4 pcd/downpipe

I've been looking around for the best way to upgrade the exhaust system. A full catback exhaust system may work for some people, but that's not what I want. This Pre-Cat Delete Downpipe gets rid of the first cat and has a gentle curve for the gases, for greater flow. It comes with a free flowing cat farther down the pipe. The specific item I want also comes with a test pipe to get rid of the second cat. Getting rid of 2 cats and moving to 1 high flow cat will hopefully make a bigger difference than a full catback system. It's right against the block and gets the gases out as quick as possible. By its self just the down pipe with the free flow cat is $370. I saw the downpipe at throwdown performance, but i don't believe the pipe goes right up against the block. The one at throwdown is significantly cheaper. Is this a good choice? thanks

2012 Accord Coupe I4
Polished Metal
Blacked Out Window Trim
Black Vinyl Roof Wrap
Rear Windshield Lip Spoiler
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

The P2R downpipe just removes the second cat in the most inefficient way possible. You can buy the RV6 testpipe and accomplish the same thing. The RV6 PCD is the only way to remove the first cat.

With a single hfc I doubt you would pass emissions. You'd also have to probably add a second resonator to deal with the drone/rasp. Even with my single cat delete and stock second cat, my exhaust sounds rice-y if I put my phone in the trunk and record the engine revs.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
fffffffffffffffff

did you get another resonator? i definitely don't want to sound rice; I'd much prefer a low, grumbly, throaty exhaust note. which do you think helped performance more the ported intake runners, pulleys, or the downpipe? i've been considering them all at this point.

2012 Accord Coupe I4
Polished Metal
Blacked Out Window Trim
Black Vinyl Roof Wrap
Rear Windshield Lip Spoiler

post #4 of 6 Old 08-28-2013, 02:31 PM
6th Gear

i have the pcd/high flow cat with custom 2.5 inch dual catback with megan mufflers. doesnt sound rice at all i have 2 resonators after it. sound is very deep and far from stock. som1 at a car meet thought i had a v6 cus it sounds so nice. its not even loud unless i gun it. i have a p2r downpipe im selling for cheap if ur interested.(pm me) when i had the p2r downpipe it didnt sound ricey at all . its actually quite deep and sounds nice for being an i4. if u just take out the resonator and put a fart can it will sound ricey on an i4.

Tuned/Flush/Static 8th Gen Coupe (**Tuned by KTuner**)
post #5 of 6 Old 08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMO77 View Post
did you get another resonator? i definitely don't want to sound rice; I'd much prefer a low, grumbly, throaty exhaust note. which do you think helped performance more the ported intake runners, pulleys, or the downpipe? i've been considering them all at this point.
Pulley is probably the biggest difference. Intake runner is probably last place along with the SRI in terms of performance gains.

If you want low and grumbly, you'll have to go aftermarket muffler (there's been a hundred threads about these). My exhaust is all stock except for the PCD. Hard to describe the sound I heard on my recording, but it sounds like 4 explosions going off in a metal pipe...kind of a pinging rattle going on. BUT this is only under full throttle. Normal driving it sounds stock except for a bit of a hiss between 2-3k rpm...my guess is the hiss is from the 2.5" PCD -> 2.25" exhaust pipe transition.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #6 of 6 Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 AM
1st Gear

I took the cat off my 03 Accord and installed a test pipe. I had 144,000 miles. I like the way the engine responded. I wanted to do it on my 12 until I remembered the rattling sound.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.