LX or LX-P? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

LX or LX-P?

I will probably buy an Accord sometime in the future, and I'm debating whether the LX-P's features will be useful to me.

Honda's website says:

Quote:
The Accord LX Premium Sedan adds to or replaces LX features with: 16" alloy wheels, a security system, a chrome exhaust finisher, auto-up/down driver's and front passenger's windows, illuminated window switches and 8-way power adjustment for the driver's seat.
Alloy Wheels - I've read that alloy wheels are lighter than steel and better for performance and handling. I'm not a performance oriented driver though. Are there any other advantages to Alloy wheels?

Security System - good for peace of mind.

Chrome exhaust finisher - does this do anything besides look nice?

auto-up/down driver's and front passenger's windows, illuminated window switches and 8-way power adjustment for the driver's seat - Nice features, but I don't think they are necessary. Oddly, I've never liked power seats.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 05:47 PM
5th Gear

Depending on how much more the Premium package adds to the price. I agree with you that none of those items included are essential.

* The alloy wheels will just look nicer, not necessarily perform better.
* As for the security system I am sure an aftermarket system is better.
* Chrome exhaust finisher is just for looks
* Of these the only feature that I really like is the auto up/down windows. Once you get used to it you wont want to do without it.

post #3 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006AS View Post
* Of these the only feature that I really like is the auto up/down windows. Once you get used to it you wont want to do without it.
This is true. I find it quite handy on my current vehicle. I downloaded the '08 Accord driver's manual, and the LX does have a auto up/down on the driver side. The Honda website doesn't make this clear.

post #4 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006AS View Post
* As for the security system I am sure an aftermarket system is better.
Probably so, but he'll have to use the Honda key/remote combo (the LX does have keyless entry, and the remote is no different than the LX-P & EX models) even after he installs an aftermarket unit. It's pictured below.

If you're as anal as me, having a remote, and a bulky key/remote combo, I'd go mad.

The LX-P is a better value in my opinion; I had steel wheels on my Accord LX, and I ended up having to replace 3 of them because they bent. ($99.00 each from Honda) - I ultimately ended up with a set of alloys, they're more durable in terms of strength than steel.

I think the alloy's, security system, and the auto-up/down are worth it to me.

Ultimately, you'll just have to decide what means more. A few bucks less a month, or a few more features.
post #5 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 PM
4th Gear

The M.S.R.P. difference is $1,000.

The security system alone is probably 1/4 of that.
The wheels are probably easily the other 3/4.

Then you also get the other niceties on top of that!

I know I always added the Honda Alarm (becuase I am anal about extra remotes and such) to DX models back before the immobilizer and the addition of security on the EX models. It is a nice deterrent and saves on car insurance; nothing will stop a real professional that targets your car.

06 Accord 2.4L 5AT EX-L Sedan
05 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew
03 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport - Retired
Bought a 7th Gen Accord to replace "Vickie"
post #6 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Hmm... I am leaning towards the LX-P then. Well, I will probably be looking at a new Accord one or two years from now. I might go higher than an LX-P, depending on how much $ I can save.

Thanks for all your perspectives!
post #7 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiclightbulb View Post
Hmm... I am leaning towards the LX-P then. Well, I will probably be looking at a new Accord one or two years from now. I might go higher than an LX-P, depending on how much $ I can save.

Thanks for all your perspectives!
No need to even think about trims now then.

Honda switches them up quite a bit every two years it seems.
post #8 of 18 Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordlover View Post
No need to even think about trims now then.

Honda switches them up quite a bit every two years it seems.
Yeah, we might have the highly anticipated Accord SI by then ....

..... j/k!!! A little wishful thinking!!! And, an opprotunity that couldn't be passed up!

I agree there are always "gives" and "takes" in the trim package alignments, especially as the MMC approaches in the fall of 2010 (2011 model year).

post #9 of 18 Old 09-17-2007, 06:41 PM
4th Gear

I just saw the wheel covers on the "LX" trim package. Let's hope they don't wait for the MMC to update those things. UGL-L-L-L-Y!!

Get the LX-P or plan on buying aftermarket wheels and tires if you get an LX. Heck, I think Wal-Mart wheel covers would look better.

post #10 of 18 Old 09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
<error: divide by zero>

If the alloys were the only thing, you could ebay a set, but you are probably looking at 400-500 anyway, so I'd go up the next level.

Mike M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wheels,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(temp and Maplights),
post #11 of 18 Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

I went with the LX-P

I decided on the LX-P, as you can see my '96 was an LX.

My decision came down to the alloy wheels and security system. I don't really care about power seats. I tend to position the seat in a comfortable position and leave it there forever anyway.
Attached Images

1996 Honda Accord LX
2004 Honda Pilot- EX
2008 Honda Accord LX-P
post #12 of 18 Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Reverse Gear

1. (Other than for looks) Not 100% sure of this, but don't alloy wheels allow more air to reach the brake discs? If that is the case, cooler brakes = faster stopping

2. As for power seats, this is the reason for considering them: You get so many settings on the manual ones for how far forward/back you put the seat. The power seats have infinite settings. If one setting on the manual seats is too far forward, and the other is too far back, you want power seats - again, not too big a deal for most of us.

3. The security system: I was going to buy that for my 2007 (my trim level didn't come with it), but the salesman talked me out of it. His argument was that the key already has the chip it in, and that is a good theft deterrent by itself. The alarm part really doesn't get you much, nobody cares when they hear a car alarm go off.

4. 2007 has auto up/down power window on drivers side only. I sure wish I had it on both sides.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
post #13 of 18 Old 11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
3rd Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzAccord View Post
3. The security system: I was going to buy that for my 2007 (my trim level didn't come with it), but the salesman talked me out of it. His argument was that the key already has the chip it in, and that is a good theft deterrent by itself. The alarm part really doesn't get you much, nobody cares when they hear a car alarm go off.
I care when I get a discount on insurance! But I agree that nobody comes running to save a car from being stolen when the alarm goes off. It's more of a nuisance than anything.

-mess

07 Accord LX AT sedan graphite pearl
post #14 of 18 Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
6th Gear

I would get the LX-P. It's only 1,000 dollars more and weel worth it. The alloys are the major part of this.

2006 Accord EX-L Coupe
Black on Black
Average MPG = 29.3
33,- - - Miles.
post #15 of 18 Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Mel
1st Gear

When I bought my accord, there was the LX and an LXP to choose from. There is a big difference if you see them side-by-side. The LX is a base model and it LOOKS like a base model (meaning bland and plain). The hub caps look awful, no chrome trim, it pretty much looks like it belongs in a rental lot.

Trust me, if you get the LX, you'll find yourself wishing that you got the LXP or EX a couple months later.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.