The 2008's have arrived at vtec.net - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to trainchaser
The 2008's have arrived at vtec.net

...get on over and take a peak, tell me what y'all think...
...me? ...I'm going to stick with my 7th gen, I think its a much more gracefull looking car than the new version, inside and outside, now that we can see the whole car I find it to be too chunky and disjointed, again, both inside and outside...
...sure am glad I'm content with my '05...

cheers,

Lorne Miller
05 EX-L deep green pearl with ivory
96 Odyssey taffeta white with sage

Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Banned

When i bought my accord with the new body style in 03, it was mid august. And seems about the right time.. Now, vtec.net would only load those damn pics... that would be great

its been said that i'm a gentleman, but not a gentle man

Past Rides:
1992 Toyota Corolla - white - broke down
2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX - Satin Silver - traded
2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Navi - Taffeta White - traded

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L Navi -Taffeta White - crashed
2001 Suzuki Katana 600cc - sold

Current Ride:
2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Navi - Crystal Black Pearl

1996 Honda Accord LX Green - back up car
2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
post #3 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
5th Gear

Pictures look pretty good.

2006 EX COUPE I4 (Front lip, fog lights, tint, mud guards)

2003 LX V6 SEDAN

My Coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 09:23 PM
dgs
4th Gear

Yep. And there is one moron who shall remain nameless (he knows who he is) who argued to death why it just wouldn't make sense to put a 3.5L under the hood. I mean this idiot wrote an entire book of posts about it, insulting anyone who dared defy his supreme logic (supremely assine is more like it). Apparently he knows more then the industry magazines, more then the industry websites, and even more then Honda, because guess what, it got a 3.5L V6! Isn't that a kick in the ass!

2007 EX-L V-6 Coupe, 6MT, Graphite Pearl/Gray, OEM Fog Lights, OEM Auto-dim Mirror, Window Tint
post #5 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM
5th Gear

Yeah this looks pretty ugly.

2003 LX V6 SEDAN

My Coupe

post #6 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgs View Post
Yep. And there is one moron who shall remain nameless (he knows who he is) who argued to death why it just wouldn't make sense to put a 3.5L under the hood. I mean this idiot wrote an entire book of posts about it, insulting anyone who dared defy his supreme logic (supremely assine is more like it). Apparently he knows more then the industry magazines, more then the industry websites, and even more then Honda, because guess what, it got a 3.5L V6! Isn't that a kick in the ass!

He admitted he was wrong in another thread. Dont be an ass.

2003 LX V6 SEDAN

My Coupe

post #7 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 PM
*KindaFondaHonda*

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimoxp View Post

Oh my Lord.

That is so Civic-ish, I can't believe it. I haven't looked at any of the other pictures as of this moment, but that dash is a huge step back in cohesiveness and detailing... tons of cutlines/seams, lines and curves going every which way, and just an overall feeling of change for change sake, not to make it better. The AC vents look terrible compared to the Gen7. All around, it makes me sad.

I am shocked. But, then again I will replace my Accord with an Infiniti (RWD) when the time comes so it really doesn't affect me.

DA Member Since 2005
Current Original Owner(s) of:

-- 2010 Infiniti M35 -Advanced Tech. Liquid Platinum Pearl (Mine) --
-- 2013 Infiniti QX56 Touring/Theater/Tech. Dark Currant Mica (Wife's) --
**2003 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan. Desert Mist/Ivory (Now Our "Extra" Car)**
___ and... ___

-- 2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Turbo S. Blazin' Red/White (Daughter's) --
-- 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE. Merlot Pearl (Son's) --

------------
Our Westie is smarter than your "Honor" Student!
post #8 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 PM

Still liking the coupe, but the sedan is still

The rear of the sedan looks like a cross between a Ford Crown Victoria and a Hyundai.

I like the front end of both, but if you look at them from the side it looks weird.... kinda too chunky/square-ish. It's not aero dynamic looking enough.

The interior looks cheap.... plastic-ish, especially with that silver trim. As accordexlv6 said, very Civic-ish. Yuck!

And now that I can see the speedometer/tachometer better.... I don't like it.

The engine specs are pretty impressive. Good to see they haven't dumped the MT completely

- 177hp and 190hp 2.4L 4-cylinder engines offered with 5AT and 5MT transmissions
- 268hp 3.5L 6-cylinder engine, available with 5AT and VCM in sedan, or 5AT/6MT in coupe

Bring on the 9th Gen.
post #9 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
I love it.

I want a Red Coupe with Black Cloth or Leather combined with the EX's 200HP i4 with the 5MT.

Or.

A Graphite, Black, or White Sedan. w/190HPi4 5MT.

Coupe coupe coupe!!!
post #10 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to alpha
Also on hondacars.com

- Mark

2006 Honda Accord EX-V6 6MT Navi Sedan
Carbon Bronze Pearl/Black
post #11 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
Little details I like:

- AUTO up and down on both front windows
- Heated mirror control integrated with rar defroster button
- Variable ratio steeering
- Lower center of gravity (even tho its larger)
- 225/50R17 tires standard on some models with front strut tower bar on all EX (2.4L also) and V6.
- At night, the controls are separated by color to distinguish between climate controls (aqua green) and audio controls (white).
- One touch moonroof controls and moonroof can be closed with key in drivers door.
- Active Noise Cancellation in EX and all V6 models
- Auto dim mirror standard in EX-L and V6 models
- Upgraded audio system: MP3, RDS, Speed Volume control, AUX,(all trims) and subwoofer (EX-L and V6)

Will have to wait and see:

- Sedan now classified as an EPA "large" car
- For being a "large" car, storage space seems to have gone down. Front door pockets look much smaller and there doesn't seem to be a place to put a water bottle in there. The center sotrage bin is gone.
- Still no split folding rear seat in the sedan
- 6 CD changer doesn't seem to be on the EX . . .EX-L and above models only.

Can't wait to see it in person

Current: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 1989 Prelude Si

Come & Gone: 84 Accord HB, 91 CRX Si, 89 Accord LXi, 90 Accord LX Cpe, 94 Accord EX, 95 Accord EX Cpe, 98 Accord EX, 99 A4, 03 Accord EX-L, 91 Civic RT4WD Wagon, 06 Accord EX-L NAVI, 09 Mazda 6 iGT

From The Dark Period: 01.5 Passat, 08 Accord 6-6

post #12 of 46 Old 08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to alpha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Little details I like:

- Heated mirror control integrated with rar defroster button

- Upgraded audio system: MP3, RDS, Speed Volume control, AUX,(all trims) and subwoofer (EX-L and V6)
I can't wait to see it in person either. I want to see the rear ends in person, I just can't seem to get past how it doesn't tend to flow with the rest of the car in the pics. I do hold my opinion until I see it in person though; it may completely change my mind.

I actually like having the heated mirror control separate.

In terms of the audio system, it would be nice if they make ELS systems an option.

- Mark

2006 Honda Accord EX-V6 6MT Navi Sedan
Carbon Bronze Pearl/Black
post #13 of 46 Old 08-21-2007, 02:11 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to chanke4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgs View Post

Yes, I was wrong. I had a number of reasons why it didn't make sense to me for Honda do put a 3.5 in, and those reasons didn't matter as they put a 3.5L in after all. Though, my latter posts on the topic were more about sources of rumors than anything. Anyway, again, I was wrong. Way to be totally bitter and be a complete jerk about it. Though, I don't expect anything else out of you at this point.

I suffer from a condition characterized by extremely long posts, sorry...

Current: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4-Door (Spark Silver Metallic)

Previous: 2006 Accord Coupe EX V6 6MT w/ Nav (Graphite Pearl)

post #14 of 46 Old 08-21-2007, 02:19 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to chanke4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimoxp View Post

Actually, to me, that's one of the less ugly pictures that I've seen. It still doesn't flow quite right, but hell if I don't like the steering wheel. I agree with accordexlv6 in that I think that it is a change for the sake of change as well. The top of the dash just seems completely out of place and seems seperated somehow from the lower portion. I think it would have looked much better had they kept all of the surfaces on the main portion of the dash on a similar plane and not having the nav unit so far away relative to everything else. I understand why it's pushed back in that little cubby, and I'm sure it will make it easier when dealing with keeping direct sunlight off the screen (This has been an issue for me about 2 times in the past year), it just looks off. In it's defense, however, I think it'd be hard to beat the 7th gen in terms of flow and simple functionality while retaining a pleasing aesthetic. Every time I see a picture of the 7th gen dash I realize how much I like it. Kind of numbs you to it when you see it every day. I am not sure, but is the dash going to be the same for the coupe and sedan? I know that the 7th gens are pretty much identical, but this seems more like a sedan type dash to me, maybe I'm crazy (I am). I do like the area around the shifter though, looks pretty clean. Kind of tsx-ish.

I suffer from a condition characterized by extremely long posts, sorry...

Current: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4-Door (Spark Silver Metallic)

Previous: 2006 Accord Coupe EX V6 6MT w/ Nav (Graphite Pearl)

post #15 of 46 Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 AM
4th Gear

i am so dissapointed in the features....i mean although i feel kinda jipped that i didn't get the all wheel disc application/all vsa application...its kinda a jip..im pretty glad i got a 7th gen...i think we all have to cool our jets here...jsut relax everyone..it's JSUT a forum..

Blitzsafe iPod Harness
35% FormulaOne Tint + MoleSkin
Acura TL Key Conversion
Debadged Accord Sign
Color Matched Side Skirts
Fog Lights/Spoiler
F.Mods: HID retro

PastLove:1990 Honda Accord LX I4
ODO:130,000 Miles
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.