Has anyone had to replace / remove their steering wheel emblem? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Has anyone had to replace / remove their steering wheel emblem?

I need to replace my Honda emblem located on my steering wheel. I found this on ebay...

and from the looks of that it appears like the old one should just pry off? Wanted to see if anyone has had to do this or have done this before? Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 PM
4th Gear

No.

post #3 of 31 Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 PM
7th Gear

If you search you will find out that people have and it was not worth their attempt. There are about 12 or 14 points that the emblem is attached to the airbag cover.

'09 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Feb 2013- Present)
'11 Escape Sport (2010- 2013) Returned
'00 Infiniti G20t (2004- 2010) Traded
'2K S2000 (2000- Present) Original Owner
'86 300ZX GLL (April 1996- Sept.'11) Sold

post #4 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

so what would you suggest? The " Chrome " is half gone on my emblem and it looks like crap. The part doesn't appear to be that expensive to replace but not sure what I should do?
post #5 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 AM
2008 Accord Coupe EX

Yeah i havnt touch mine becuz of the airbag
post #6 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

Scrape off the remaining chrome to give it a consistent look.

Something attached with 12 points is going to be a PITA to pry up.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 02:35 PM
3rd Gear

I might get some hate mail for this one but if it looks that bad I just plasty dip it haha

post #8 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear

Speaking as someone who has experience with the airbag deploying and thus seeing how it really is attached - its not going anywhere.

When the airbag deploys the cover splits in half separating below the H logo. I had thought 'oh cool maybe this will make a nice reminder of the accident' but when trying to pry it out (even with then airbag deployed and full access to the back of the logos connection points) it became clear it wasn't going to come out without being in pieces or ruining the cover itself.
post #9 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
You can always cover it - red or black.

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
post #10 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 06:01 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
You can always cover it - red or black.

Where did you get that?

2008 Accord Coupe LX-S
post #11 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 PM

BrodaBay

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
post #12 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 06:22 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
BrodaBay
Im sorry, I dont know what or who that is...

Got a link? I want to purchase that to overlay over my emblem

2008 Accord Coupe LX-S
post #13 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 PM

eBay

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |

post #14 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 PM
4th Gear

Says he doesnt exist

2008 Accord Coupe LX-S
post #15 of 31 Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillOG View Post
Says he doesnt exist
Who doesn't exist? Brodaman is all over this site and gets his stuff on EBay.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.