Drive Accord Honda Forums - View Single Post - Did Honda really make odometer fraud that easy? | radio-pro.ru
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 01-02-2016, 12:13 AM
gillbill2795
Marcus

Send a message via Skype™ to gillbill2795
Great post, I don't mean to revive an old thread; however, I am in the market to replace my 115k mile old Accord's instrument cluster with a newer Crosstour's. When I saw somebody else on the forums complete this, it showed that the new cluster retained the mileage (from the original Crosstour) after being replaced in the Accord.

Now, my question is, since it's stored in the ECU, why doesn't the cluster automatically display the true mileage?

Has anybody inquired from Honda if it is possible for some sort of flash or update from a Honda tech to give the real mileage? I've heard it is in fact illegal.. Although something tells me that it's only illegal if the mileage is rolled back to something younger than the actual age of the car it is installed to, rather retaining the exact same milage - just on the new cluster, almost as an exact swap. What if somebody is working on their odometer and completely screws it up? Wouldn't they need a brand new one, not showing their true mileage and must have it replaced?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to

Related pages

how much for a remote starter to be installedwater pump squeakhonda usa accordhonda ridgeline transmission fluidpep boys tires and wheelsrims matte blackapexcone hidhonda accord 2002 check engine lighthonda accord invoice price 2014honda solenoidcatalytic converter tempblown head gasket honda civictrunk latch not workingenkei ekm3 review2007 honda accord recallmanual transmission slipping when acceleratingbest synthetic oil for honda accordmatte clear plasti diphybrid audio clarus reviewcode for radio honda accord 20022013 honda accord navigation system updateillinois temporary plates2001 acura mdx srs lighthow much is it to lease a honda accord2001 honda accord transmission diagramjvc kw r900btseat covers for a honda accord99 honda civic oil changepiston slap when coldphilips diamond vision 5000k h11rotate directional tiresoem wipershonda accord lowering kithonda accord ex 95audio control eqxwhat is the purpose of a valet keycoolant level droppingp1167 honda accord 20012009 honda odyssey timing belt or chain97 honda accord mpgenkei rpf1 17x8 weight350z 18 wheelshonda accord clubwalmart wheels rimshow to install wheelskinsscratched car repair costvolvo c60 coupehonda accord forums 9th genvss wire locationrsx type s wheels2004 honda accord v6 reviewinnova 3130 manualsteering wheel vibrates when drivingsyphon gascvx 15 kicker17x8.5 wheelshonda accord 6th genheadlight halo rings2005 honda accord shift knobtire size for 2005 honda pilotpo341 codepoweracustichow much to replace throttle position sensorinfiniti g37 wheels2005 honda accord keydrexel hill hondavinyl wrap headlightsraceland springscree led headlight bulbs reviewduplicolor clear coat instructionshow much does it cost to replace power steering hose98 honda accord exhausttip safelite guyhonda crv brake discsv4 hondahonda crv touch up painttang band subwooferrear window tinting