Bosch or pure1 oil filter? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-17-2011, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Bosch or pure1 oil filter?

I've looked and can't find my old post.
Last oil change I got bosch and I have had no problems at all....need to know if the pure1 filter is really better.

I use M1 syn oil....do alot of highway driving. Thanks.

Oh yeah...the price of both of the are about the same 6.49 and 6.99.

06 ACCORD LX
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Flip a coin. Both are good and there's no way to prove one is better than the other.

post #3 of 11 Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
Flip a coin. Both are good and there's no way to prove one is better than the other.
Cool..........I can live with that.

Thanks-
Chris

06 ACCORD LX

post #4 of 11 Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear

Agreed. I got my PureONEs from Amazon for $5 each, with a $12 rebate for 4 filters = $2 for each filter. This'll last me 2 years.

2006 Honda Civic LX Coupe, Oct '05
post #5 of 11 Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to krazyfiend
Bosch is the go to stnd for older Merc's ... nothing has changed, but thank to Bob is the Oil Guy forums (BITOG), I learned that bosch was bought out ..and the same line Purolator/PureOne's are produced on, is where Bosch filters come off of as well. It's simply a rebranded Purolater/PureOne, no joke. (many cut aways of the two different filters display the dead on similarity even)

Purolator/PureOne is tip top...great prices and if you're not doing extended fills...a viable contender against any other filter. M1, K&N, Amsoil oil filters...I'd get if I was doing 8-12k or more in terms of extended fills. I'm pretty religious on 4-4500 miles myself and Purolator does fine for me.

Current Stable-
~'10 Accord Coupe PMM w/Ivory EX-L V6 (pur. 8.24.10) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~'92 Mercedes 190e i-6 183k miles (1 family ownership)

Past Stable-
08' Accord Coupe PMM w/Blk EX-L V6 31k miles (pur. 10.25.07-sold 8.24.10)
98' V8 Ford SHO Blk on Blk (sold outright)
91' 300zx MT N/A (totaled)
post #6 of 11 Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUGI View Post
Last oil change I got bosch and I have had no problems at all....need to know if the pure1 filter is really better.
I would go with bosch- higher brand. Everytime I open a pure-one at AAP, I see a lot of shoddy workmanship.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-18-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobbinJ30 View Post
I would go with bosch- higher brand. Everytime I open a pure-one at AAP, I see a lot of shoddy workmanship.
Quote:
Normal. Perfectly Normal HONDA AUTOTRAGIC V6 abuse!!! PM me for more details!!

Mine showed nones absolutely nones!! And I did 1 tranny D&F to boot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
So what you're saying is you don't "love your 06vtecv6" anymore?

I still think the generation 7th>then8th though. How about you?
Time for you to go bye bye and stay that way. Reported.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-18-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Well....I bought the bosch filter, auto zone also match the price for the M1 syn oil they had it for 34.99 and walmart was 24.50. I told the guy at auto zone...."I rather give yous my money then them"

06 ACCORD LX
post #9 of 11 Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 PM
2nd Gear

I've used those Purolator filters for years with no problems.

I even used a few SuperTech filters from Wal-Mart. Everything seems to be OK, but I felt too cheap doing that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Out of Control

pureone. There a 3 dollar rebate for it now. I bought 4 on amazon. 12 back in my wallet yo.

Peace Out SuckA!!!!
post #11 of 11 Old 06-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Quote:
Got X-Ray vision? How would you determine a filter is shoddy by looking in the box? By the way Bosch owns and produces Purolator filters and has since 2006.......so much for X-Ray vision.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.