Cold Air Intake Pros/Cons - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-15-2015, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Post Cold Air Intake Pros/Cons

Hello, I just recently purchased a 2015 Accord Sport 2.4L. I would like to add some performance with out breaking the bank. I was looking into a throttle body spacer and a K&N Cold air intake. Please let me know your opinions and the pros/cons to these items. This is my 1st Honda ever. Feedback appreciated

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-15-2015, 03:31 PM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum. I've read posts here that cold air intakes do little or nothing for performance. Seems their sole function is to make the engine sound powerful.
That seems to be somewhat the same with throttle body spacers.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #3 of 3 Old 09-15-2015, 05:13 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Cold-air intakes are negated by the fact that Honda has coolant lines going to the throttle body, to keep it nice and warm. Yes, you can bypass that but I guess I don't see the point of the whole exercise.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
Advertisement

Tags
cold air, cold air intake, performance upgrade, throttle body, throttle body spacer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.