1998 Accord LX Radiator - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

1998 Accord LX Radiator

Aloha...I have to get a new radiator today..but the the parts house wants to know if my radiator is a DENSO or a VALEO...what is the difference between them ?

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:04 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Well on my Accord. You can see right in the engine bay on top of the radiator near the cap DENSO. Personally, I've never seen an Accord that wasn't Denso. Very weird.

Go see if you can see it, let us know.
Tyler

post #3 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for the ouick reply Tyler...I forgot to mention that the radiator had been replaced before and it is not indicated with either type radiator. I did call a radiator supplier and he said it was probably a Denso. I'm just curious on what the difference would be.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:51 AM
77htchbck

This is a shot in the dark, but if the VIN starts with a "J", there's a 99.9% chance it started life with a Denso.

2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring (I30cw)
miles when it left the + now.

'01 2.3L LX Sedan + miles... Original owner,
handed off to my son.
Had 6th Genititus, on 2nd trans
post #5 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Out of Control

Dunno if it helps, my 99 EX "1" VIN is a Valeo
post #6 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for all the quick replies....It is still early here in Hawaii and I am wating for radiator shops, auto parts stores, and radiator retailers to open up for business.
I also want to thank those who posted threads on "air pockets" and bleeding the cooling system.
I will post any Information I can come up with....Mahalo
post #7 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 02:26 PM
banned

Mine is a 1HG (ohio) vin and its Denso...
post #8 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
<error: divide by zero>

It may be neither now. I'd call the dealer for a quote and see which one they say you have from the VIN.

Mike M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wheels,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(temp and Maplights),
post #9 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

You're on it Mike M...I had good service at most of the businesses I talked to .... so Next time I go to the dealer, I will have a better set of questions to ask.
I did learn that one of the local dealers had a cross reference on both the DENSO and the VALEO that was the same. I have not yet looked to see what my VIN is..
so...OK, my VIN number starts... 1 HG...?
I bought the cross referenced rad.....and the only difference that I encountered was a little bit of difference in the mounting points of the Passenger side cooling fan....
It had clips that could be moved to accomadate the fan shroud size...where the diver side fan/shroud fit perfectly.
B.T.W....the manufacturer of the radiator is C S F....Everything seems to be back to normal...so Happy New Year ...and Thank You for all the help and Info..
post #10 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:32 PM
banned

Might I ask why your car is now on its third radiator? Lots of miles? Its a '98 for cryin out loud. .

Tyler
post #11 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I bought the car last year and put about 6,000 miles on it so far...I did see failure on the radiator before I bought.....It is a local retailed radiator with the Name ..."Performance"./..I will neaver again buy a Performance or Modine radiator again....JUNK.
The history of the car is that it had some damage before I bought it that affected the transaxle and possibly the radiator or their connections...??
The trans axel was replaced and really runs flawlessly....and I'm going to assume that the radiator might have been replaced at the same time.....A Guess.
The car runs great......it's almost boring . But I Like it.

I have a '94 landrover...and if you ever want to see "NOT BORING", I can show you
post #12 of 12 Old 01-02-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

My '98 has 86,000 miles now...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.