secondary o2 sensor - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

secondary o2 sensor

2003 lx 2.4 cel light is on...... took to autozone and got code p0141.
my question is how is the secondary o2 sensor attached, I removed the rubber grommets under the car and could not see any type of connector and I did not want to pull on the wires too much any help on this would be appreciated. I have a new sensor on the way from hondacura world .

kody 03 lx I4
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Out of Control

Have you tried just erasing the code and driving it around? Our ML320 popped that code but it hasn't come back on...from what I know if the sensor is really faulty it should be accompanied by P0136.

post #3 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

according to the service manual for my 2003 pilot P0141 does not have temporary DTC P0136. P0137-139 do. but anyway, I was able to find the connector........of all places under the passenger seat. also I did reset the code once at autozone but it came back a few weeks later. now it comes on and off every few days. I tried super unleaded gas and it turned off for a few days and now is on again. thanks again.

kody 03 lx I4

post #4 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Out of Control

P0141 in my book is O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction, P0136 is the same sensor, but the sensor itself malfunction. It would make sense that if it's really bad, both should pop at the same time. But actually I don't know because like I said this is for a ML320 and not an Accord...sorry I wasn't much help I think there should be a special tool to pull the O2 sensor, ask Autozone they lend tools.
post #5 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
1 of 2

Special Tools Required
O2 sensor wrench, Snap-on YA8875, SP Tools 93750, or equivalent, commercially available
Pull back the carpet from the floor rail under the front edge of the front passenger seat to expose the secondary HO2S 4P connector.

Disconnect the secondary HO2S 4P connector (A).
Attached Images
post #6 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 04:09 PM
ready to go....

2 of 2

Remove the secondary HO2S (A), and the covers (B).

Install the secondary HO2S in the reverse order of removal.
Attached Images
post #7 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 04:10 PM
ready to go....

Article on it on page 3
Attached Images
File Type: pdf dec 05.pdf (283.3 KB, 1135 views)
post #8 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thank You everyone. Does anyone know if there is a way to clear the DTC without a scanner on the 03 accords? I think the autozone guys are getting tired of seeing me. After all I havent bought anything from them these last few trips.

kody 03 lx I4
post #9 of 30 Old 06-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Out of Control

Apparently the 05 can't be cleared except using the scanner...03 should be the same

The "FI ECU" underhood fuse - whats it do?
post #10 of 30 Old 06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

Oops

CEL came on.

Went to AutoZone to get the code checked.

P0141 - Buy this $80 sensor.

Installed.

CEL went away, then came back. Still P0141.

Oops, we sold you the primary sensor, should have sold you the secondary. Too bad you installed it and ran with it.

Damnit, secondary sensor is $130.

Why oh why can I not learn to research more before buying expensive things that I DON'T need. (sigh) I'll learn someday....

Can I run a few days before I install that secondary, or am I going to detonate my car?

V

VinStavros
Black 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe
Approaching 150K
Lost the battle against 6thgenitis.....
Running strong on a rebuilt transmisson.
Upgrades:
AEM Short Ram Intake
post #11 of 30 Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess View Post
Special Tools Required
O2 sensor wrench, Snap-on YA8875, SP Tools 93750, or equivalent, commercially available
Pull back the carpet from the floor rail under the front edge of the front passenger seat to expose the secondary HO2S 4P connector.

Disconnect the secondary HO2S 4P connector (A).
Hello everyone, I'm attempting to replace this myself. I ordered one online, and now I'm having a hard time 'pulling back the carpet'.

There is an edge to the carpet that runs along the floor at the front edge of the passenger seat, and it looks like the carpet then goes around the seat bolts. But the carpet then continues up to the center armrest of the car.

Underneath the seat there are two black circular plastic connectors holding down the carpet that look like they would just be snaps, but I haven't been able to pop them off.

I was able to remove two snaps on the plastic moulding on the center assembly, so I am wondering if there is something more to pulling up these two snaps under the seat.

Any suggestions?
post #12 of 30 Old 10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
ready to go....

Most of the carpets have a slit in them at the place you need. My prince doesn't remove the carpet.

I believe to remove the clips, you'd need a flat forky spatula looking thing & pry gently. But haven't looked it up....
post #13 of 30 Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

Okay, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to access the floor just in front of the passenger seat. I was supposed to slide the passenger seat all the way forward and then access the plug from behind.

By the way, I was able to get the carpet clips up with a plastic barbecue prong, even though I didn't need to do that.

Now that I replaced the O2 sensor, the check engine light is still on. I'll give it a couple of days to see if it goes off on its own. If not, do you think the dealer will clear the codes for free? Thanks for your help.
post #14 of 30 Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Out of Control

Pull the clock fuse on the passenger side fuse box for a couple minutes it'll clear the code. The CEL may take as long as 50 starts to clear on its own (so I've heard), or could be just a couple days.
post #15 of 30 Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

Good news, the CEL went off by itself later today. Thanks to everyone that helped me, and good luck to anyone else that runs into this seemingly common issue.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.