The "FI ECU" underhood fuse - whats it do? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-08-2006, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Used to Drive a Hummer H2

The "FI ECU" underhood fuse - whats it do?

I was wondering: does the "FI ECU" fuse in the underhood fusebox kill power to the PCM?

I'd like to re-do my idle learn procedure since getting my o2 sensor replaced, and wanted to make sure that i'd be pulling the right one...

Thanks

I <3 the princess family!

'05 Hummer Accord EX-L 4cyl/auto Navi

The legendary
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Navi/Bluetooth/VSC/Smartkey Sky Blue / Ash
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-10-2006, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

anyone?

I'll dance around on a table for your viewing pleasure

The legendary
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Out of Control

I'm not 100% sure...but you could probably try this out. If you unplug the pre-cat O2 sensor then start the car, you should pop a CEL. Then if you take out that fuse for long enough, the CEL should reset since the ECU lost power. If it doesn't, it might be a separate fuel control module.

I've done this on mine...I pulled the clock fuse and for some reason it's connected to the ECU, so my CEL turned off

Anyone know if the 7th gen will turn off the CEL by de-powering the ECU for a few minutes? Mine only took 2-3 mins.

Then again with your previous ECU problems I don't know if you want to be messing with tripping CEL's

post #4 of 7 Old 06-10-2006, 03:31 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
I'm sorry. I saw this & then forgot to ask. Things have been crazy! I'll try to remember in the next few days.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-10-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Cool beans, thanks princess!

My MIL's been on long enough recently...its tired and needs a nap

The legendary

post #6 of 7 Old 06-11-2006, 09:38 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
The '05 has an internal memory chip in the ECU & none of the fuses will clear it now. You can do it with a generic OBD2 scanner or you'll need to take it to the dreaded dealer. Sorry.

If you get a generic scanner, then you may have to make a code by unplugging something like the TW sensor to make one to clear.

page 7 of this service news has some instructions on using a generic one.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf mar 05.pdf (924.6 KB, 2693 views)
post #7 of 7 Old 06-12-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Yikes, looks like a bit of work....thanks princess!

I do remember reading in an older (like '04) version of service news that you can do something along the lines of disconnect the battery and touch the positive & negative cables together for like 15 seconds to reset the PCM. Then let the car idle for about 10 minutes without load to idle learn. Is that still valid with an '05?

Something from my Bobistheoilguy sense makes me weary of starting the car cold and holding it at 3,000 RPM like the official idle learn instructions here instruct. I'm paranoid, i know...

The legendary

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.