stock alarm goes off when it's cold? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-22-2011, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

stock alarm goes off when it's cold?

I had an avital alarm and it seemed to go off when it was cold at night.. so after minor trouble shooting (removed sensor) I had the alarm\remote starter replaced w/ just a remote starter.
Now the stock alarm goes off? Can someone please advise? before my neighbors key my car.

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 AM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
It goes off when you remote start it or on its own?

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI
post #3 of 6 Old 01-22-2011, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Just out of nowhere? I thought it was just too cold since it seemed to happen at night.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Out of Control

It shouldn't be because of the cold, unless they wired something wrong.

2009 Accord EX-L, i4, AT

20% tints on 3 back windows and visor of windshield
35% tint on front 2 windows
GrillCraft MX Series Black Steel Mesh
LED Map/Dome Lights
Full HFP Kit
WeatherTech Window Visors

Weapon R i-Throttle
UR Underdrive Pulleys
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Takeda SRI

Pats Fan
post #5 of 6 Old 01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

How old is the battery? If it is seeing a voltage drop due to age & cold that will set off the alarm.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

thanks for the replies.. they make sense.
I ended up bringing it to the dealer to see what they say. I need to sleep at night.
Someone had mentioned there might be moisture. freezing, expanding and closing a circuit?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.