Please post A/C high and low pressure readings...I have guages..need to fill. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Please post A/C high and low pressure readings...I have guages..need to fill.

Please post A/C high and low pressure readings...I have guages..and need to re-fill.

03 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Automatic. Uh yea pretty much stock...it's my daily driver.....when i want to hotrod I work on my Z28.
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear

28 to 35 psi low side

155 to 180 psi high side

If the system is empty add the recommended amount. The pressures above a rough estimates. Preasure readings have many varibles that effect them like ambient temp, humidity, restricted refridgerant flow and even low air flow through the condensor.

08 coupe EX-L V6 MT
hfp rims
magnaflow exhaust
H&R springs
SPC camber kit
takeda SRI
post #3 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 02:01 PM

if it's empty, refilling without evacuating the system will mess with the readings due to air in the system. If its empty, and it's leaking, why fill without fixing the leak?

Follow what the car calls for on the sticker as far as how much to put in.

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock

post #4 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

What is the recommended amount?

I did evacuate the system to -20. The machine did it on it's own.

I'll go by your posted amounts on both sides..still want to know the recommended amount tho....

Thanks!!

03 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Automatic. Uh yea pretty much stock...it's my daily driver.....when i want to hotrod I work on my Z28.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 03:19 PM

There is a sticker under the hood, I think on the right shock tower, that has the amount.
I'll have to go and look it up if it's not there.

Min 17.6 oz Max 19.4 oz R134

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

post #6 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Ok I'll look for it as well.

I did as u guys said ended with 32 low and 215 high....sorry had someone else tell me different...

looked like a little under 2 cans.

Im gonna go look for that sticker...boy am i gonna be pissed if its there.

btw...i had to replace the drier/receiver...cuz ppl sell the compressor without it......wish they didnt.

Anyway coulddnt afford to pay to recharge it so did it myself. but did use air vacuum pump...w/my air compressor things worked out great....

Replaced all the seals I could....also did it with the condenser and radiator in car. AC is blowing cold now...but still knocking on wood and crossing fingers for tommorrow.

post #7 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 PM

2 cans is 24 oz, so you'd be ok with about 1 and 3/4 cans.

Pressures are very variable. If cool/dry out they'll be a bit low, say 25-40 low, 140-150 high. The system normally won't cycle unless low side is below 25 or the evaporator temp reaches just above 32 degrees.

The hotter more humid, the greater the pressures. In weather that's been happening in my area, 90+ with humidity as high as 90% at times, low side can be around 50, high side as high as 350-400. They'll drop as the interior cools and the load on the system drops. It's critical in these conditions that airflow through the condensor/cooling stack is unobstructed.

Did your compressor self destruct?

post #8 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Todays highs was 92 and humidity 72%

Wish you'd posted sooner it could go that high....i think i may have pulled out at least half a can. To bring it back down to 32 low and 215 high.
I figured those readings would be ok with the weather as I mentioned...but didnt think it was ok to be as high as u just posted.....which is what it was after the 2 cans full.

Compressor is working cuz it is blowing plenty colder than it was after I replaced the compressor but not the dryer....

I'll find out tonight and tommorrow I guess.
It was parked with no reving or air passing but it was cold....im sure it will be colder driving...I was expecting to be shiverring though.

post #9 of 13 Old 07-31-2010, 05:50 PM

It's a little low now, it will dehumidify but not get really cold unless there's little load on it. Being low is not great as it will reduce oil circulation in the system.

The new compressor had oil in it, pag46, right?

post #10 of 13 Old 08-01-2010, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

The new compressor came with oil in it..when i spun it over it would show via the holes...but I never tried to pour any out....
When I took out the old it didnt spill any out tho..so I didnt actually invert the new.
It gets cold but not as cold as it should ...much colder than with the older dryer tho.
Thinking about adding the other can....
How can I make sure theres enuff oil? can I add a tolerable amount as a just in case?

post #11 of 13 Old 08-01-2010, 05:25 PM

With the compressor "prefilled" and an empty dryer, you may have to give it time to circulate the oil through the system. I usually don't like putting in compressors without dumping out what comes out of the old compressor. This way you'll know about how much you either need to add or take out.

With the car parked in the shade at the temp/humidity you stated, will it drop at least 20 degrees in less than 10 minutes out the left center vent? After about 15 minutes operating in those conditions, what's the vent temperature?

If the old compressor grenaded, you may have partially blocked flow through the condenser. The way these condensers are routed, it can block a few tubes, and lose efficiency.

If a catastrophic failure has occurred, it should get a new compressor, condenser AND drier and a new expansion valve.

post #12 of 13 Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Its much colder now like you said it might do. All looks good was thinking about maybe another half can of the stuff that has oil in it as well ....just as good measure...but another voice tells me just leave it well enuff alone.

post #13 of 13 Old 11-10-2013, 02:27 AM
2nd Gear

I'm having similar problems on mine.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.