Bosch or NTK O2 Sensor? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Bosch or NTK O2 Sensor?

I have 2003 Honda Accord LX V6. I got the code P2247 problem and I need to replace the oxygen sensors. I need help before purchase new O2 sensor. Which one do I buy Bosch or NTK O2 Sensor? Bosch is way cheaper than NTK. My old one O2 sensor is NTK brand.

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
I would replace it with that's in there. But I would buy the sensor from Honda, if you're not already...

post #3 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 07:16 AM
22R
2003 Accord EX 4cyl

Go to sparkplugs.com they have the NGK(NTK) sensor for the cat conv for 65.00 plus shipping. I just ordered one for my 03 accord. The one before the cat is around 300.00 at their site for the NGK.

Good Luck
22R

post #4 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 08:01 AM
3rd Gear

Send a message via MSN to RobertMcC
NGK is what usually Honda come with...
post #5 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for reply. I went to sparkplugs.com to check Bosch and NTK O2 sensors both are same price $174.35 USD. In my local auto part sell $220 CAD Bosch and $280 CAD NTK and also Honda dealer sell OEM $360 CAD. Is it Bosch is aftermarket? Which one do I buy? .
post #6 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 02:21 PM

The V6 front sensors are NOT O2 sensors, they are wideband air/fuel sensors, a big difference in function and price as you've found out.

I'd only go with a Honda one, I don't know what they do when even the same make is in the aftermarket but I've found nearly all of them wired wrong.

The P2247 is for bank 2 sensor 1 vcent line High voltage, that is the rear bank pre-cat sensor. You need to do or have done proper diagnostics before condemning that sensor, there could be a wiring issue or sensor issue.

here's a short technical article on types of exhaust sensors. This is from Toyota, but Honda is similar.

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
post #7 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

You mean P2247 for rear before cat? I thought P2243 for rear. I went to auto part to scan the code and they told me my code P2247 for Front A/F Sensor problem need to replace Front before cat. right or wrong?
post #8 of 8 Old 12-15-2008, 05:02 PM

I'm sorry, I re read my reply, I mixed up my banks, the forward bank is B2 the rear is B1.

Cylinder #1 is the first cylinder on the firewall side.

Your sensor code (2247) is for B2S1, bank 2 (facing the rad) and the first sensor, pre-cat. S1 is always the pre-cat sensor, S2 would be the monitor sensor.

Some confuse the issue even worse with B3S3 with a monitored underbody cat as well. Then, let's not forget some of the real oddballs with W configurations, they'll more than likely have 3 banks. Ugh.

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.