Brake Light Problem on 93 Accord HELP! - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2008, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Brake Light Problem on 93 Accord HELP!

The Brake Light on the right side of my 93 Accord won't work. Also, the brake light in the back window won't work either.

I purchased new bulbs for both lights. I replaced the bulb in the back window, and had someone push the brake, it worked so I secured it. Today I went to replace the brake light and noticed that the light I replaced yesterday is not working again either. So now once again both the brake light on the right side and back window are not working, and that's after I replaced each with new bulbs.

When I turn on the lights for night driving everything works, all turn signals work. The only thing not working is the brake light on the right side, as well as the light in the back window.

Can anyone shed some "light" on how I may be able to fix this myself.

P.S. I already checked the fuses, and everthing is fine there, I was thinking it is possibly something with the wiring????

post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 AM
3rd Gear

I think there are 3 brake lights associated with the right side and back window (high mount) brake lights. One is on the trunk lid (right side), one on the fender and then the high mount brake light. If none of them on the right side are working but the left side is, then look to the brake light safety module located on the back side of the right side fender light. It senses whether the brake light is working. If it is not working correctly, then the right side lights won't work and you will not get a failed brake light indication on the dashboard. This module only monitors the brake lights. There is another unit for the left side lights and it is on the left side fender tail light unit.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for the response, I should say that specifically one light in the trunk lid is not working, the one that would light up when you press the brake, there are two lights in this lid, and you have to unscrew two screws to get to it. I appreciate the advice and I will check into it. I wonder if maybe I need to go down to the you pull it, and get a new cover..

post #4 of 4 Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Go Tigers!

Make sure you don't have a bucnch of corrosion in the sockets. Clean them out with a wire brush. Are the bulbs going bad, is the filament broken?

91 Accord EX AT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.