SRS warning light - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

SRS warning light

Hello, on my Accord I recently noticed that my SRS warning light is staying on after I start up the vehicle. I looked in the owner's manual and pretty much all it said is take it to the dealer ASAP as the airbags may not deploy properly. I have no idea what caused this to come on. I was wondering if anyone can give me some more information. Is there any way I can avoid going to the dealer and paying their diagnostic fee? Any idea of what the problem may be and the cost to fix it? Anything I can do myself? Thanks for any help.

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Out of Control

If it were me I'd take it to the dealer today. Your safety is worth more than saving a few bucks, plus some of the SRS stuff might still be covered by a warranty that goes beyond the standard 3/36K. Are you sure it's the SRS light vs. the passenger airbag light? The 00-02 Accords with side airbags had an issue with the passenger bag light coming on for no reason or if something light was put in the seat.

2010 PMM Accord LX-P, TSX rear sway, GG lower grille, 35% tint, 50K+
2006 Toyo Sienna LE, 100K+
2002 Accord SE (sold), TL rear sway and upper strut bars
post #3 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 07:17 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
If it's the SRS light as you said, you will have to get the dealer to diagnose the code. Often it's things like a seat belt, or even your battery on its way out (how old is it?).

My godfather's 03 Accord had the SRS come on due to a seat belt buckle, and it was replaced free under Honda's lifetime seatbelt warranty. An 00 Accord I looked at had a record of a seat belt being replaced due to the SRS light. So hopefully it will be that simple for you.

Good luck!

post #4 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for the replies. Yes I'm sure it is the SRS light. It also stays on consistently when nothing is in the passenger seat. I did a google search and it seems that both the OPDS and the seat belt latch are covered under the lifetime warranty. Is this correct? Can anyone verify this? If this is so, will the dealer diagnostic fee be waived if it is a seal belt issue? My battery is about 3 years old. I just got an oil change where they tested the battery about 500 miles ago.

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe
post #5 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec01 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Yes I'm sure it is the SRS light. It also stays on consistently when nothing is in the passenger seat. I did a google search and it seems that both the OPDS and the seat belt latch are covered under the lifetime warranty. Is this correct? Can anyone verify this? If this is so, will the dealer diagnostic fee be waived if it is a seal belt issue? My battery is about 3 years old. I just got an oil change where they tested the battery about 500 miles ago.
If it's dealing with the seatbelt the diagnostic charge will be waived.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Out of Control

There are ways other than a dealer. Do this at your own risk It may have tripped just for some random reason and resetting it will cost you at a dealer...if you try this and it goes away forever then you saved probably $100

post #7 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 AM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
On that year, it's likely the seat belt. The buckle/sensor wears out. Should be warranty thing & the only cost would be diagnosing it.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess View Post
On that year, it's likely the seat belt. The buckle/sensor wears out. Should be warranty thing & the only cost would be diagnosing it.
The 03 Accord's labor for a diagnosis was covered. Wouldn't that be standard practice on a warranty item?
post #9 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 11:59 AM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
It varies from dealer to dealer....

Some don't charge upfront, some give it back, so don't charge at all. They CAN charge for the diagnostic time.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.