ECT: Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-23-2008, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

ECT: Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2

Hi Guys,

I have 2005 honda accord I-4. about 20 k miles on it. Recently my engine light came on. I checkedd the code and it was p2183. Which reads ECT: Engine coolant temperature sensor 2. I called a couple of honda dealers in canada and they said that part is on National back order and they wont have it for a while. My concern is should i keep driving like this or would it cause an overheat and keep turning the rad fan on? I am planning on a trip approximaltely 100 miles as well? Should i go for it or wait till i get it fixed? Thanks

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglifesk View Post
Hi Guys,

I have 2005 honda accord I-4. about 20 k miles on it. Recently my engine light came on. I checkedd the code and it was p2183. Which reads ECT: Engine coolant temperature sensor 2. I called a couple of honda dealers in canada and they said that part is on National back order and they wont have it for a while. My concern is should i keep driving like this or would it cause an overheat and keep turning the rad fan on? I am planning on a trip approximaltely 100 miles as well? Should i go for it or wait till i get it fixed? Thanks
Just read this in SB, could be as simple as corrosion of the ECT plug/pins. Seems its a 2 pin sensor on radiator(check your manual to make sure were it is on your model/yr)

Ed

2008 Accord LX, Alabaster Silver Metallic
gone 1985 XR4Ti
gone 1974 Opel Manta rally
post #3 of 6 Old 04-26-2008, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Can someone tell me where the ECT is located? I looked everywhere but not able to find it. Dealer says its under the rad. I called honda again and the earliest they will have the part is May 19th. Would is cause a problem if i keep driving like this?

post #4 of 6 Old 04-26-2008, 07:55 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Honda is going to replace this free of charge under warranty right?

Has your dealer formally documented the issue? As in, do you have a recipt that says you came in, the part was ordered and you're to bring the car back when it arrives?

Someone else will have to chime in on if its ok/no ok to drive it far like this...
post #5 of 6 Old 04-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglifesk View Post
Can someone tell me where the ECT is located? I looked everywhere but not able to find it. Dealer says its under the rad. I called honda again and the earliest they will have the part is May 19th. Would is cause a problem if i keep driving like this?
hi, there 2 ECT on Honda, ECT1 is by the upper hose connection by head.
ECT2 should be in lower rad tank (Thats were mine is on 08 2.4L), next to lower rad hose.
you need to get under car and probably remove/lower plastic shroud/cover.
As far as driving car, not sure what to say as not positive what ECT2 controls. normally temp sensors in rad tanks are for fans to come on when rad temp goes up along with engine temp. and ECT by motor are for ECM/PMC (ignition/fuel maps).
Does water temp gauge work ok ?
I be hesitent in saying to drive it that way for any period of time, even if you watch water temps.
Maybe someone else knows for sure what ECT2 does exactly. I don't have manual, that might go into detail what it controls, if it was just fans you could baby it watching temps to get it to shop.
you don't want to use car in this condition as overheating the engine can cause major issues with engine.

Ed

2008 Accord LX, Alabaster Silver Metallic
gone 1985 XR4Ti
gone 1974 Opel Manta rally
post #6 of 6 Old 04-28-2008, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Would it be possible for one of you that live in the states to pick up the ect 2 sensor from their local honda dealer and ship to me, as no dealer in canada has this part and wont have it until may 19 at the earliest. I will pay you the cost for the part and shipping through paypal. If anyone can do it please let me know. Thanks
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.