Replace headlight assembly - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Replace headlight assembly

I am about to replace my headlight assemblies (99 Accord). The drivers side has excess moisture and both are very faded from the sun. Considering aftermarket because of price. Anyone have experience they are willing to share. I'm pretty sure I can take the bumper off and manage the exchange just wondering if the extra money for OEM is worth it. Thanks. Ross

post #2 of 3 Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 AM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
I have no advice on after market. You might be able to find a used one in better shape than yours.

Here's the instructions in case you need them.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 99 front bumper.pdf (59.1 KB, 335 views)
File Type: pdf 99 headlight.pdf (19.3 KB, 242 views)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-05-2008, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Completed headlamp exchange

Thanks for the advice. I bought aftermarket headlamp assemblies and found they seem to work very well. The fit was near perfect. You do have to adjust the beam and I am not entirely sure if I have them correct but will continue to make minor adjustments until I can find a place to have them accurately set.

Ross Dewar

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr. Auto trans. 4 cy. V-Tec
1999 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2006 Honda Element XP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.