99 Door Panel Removal, PLEASE! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-03-2007, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Greg

99 Door Panel Removal, PLEASE!

I need the directions to remove a 99 Accord EX Coupe driver's door panel. I looked at the one for a 2000 and it is not the same. Please, my door is stuck shut. Thanks.

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE Turbo

1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe - SOLD
3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint
Nokya Hyper Yellow 9006 Headlight Bulbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Accord Mafia Member #001

Send a message via AIM to Blkcurrantkord
Door panel removal should be the same for all the coupes, probably sedans too.

Tools:

Philips Screwdriver
Flat Head screwdriver

Remove inner mirror cover (it pops out) by pulling on it. Remove screw behind inner door handle and in the handle on the door panel w/ philips. Use flat head to pop out plastic tab near mirror cover.

Slide inner door handle towards front of car, you'll feel it pop. Starting at the bottom of the panel, using your hand or the flat head, pry out on it all the way around. You'll hear/feel it pop out. Push door handle through its hole. Once you get that far, lift up and away, disconnect harnesses to switches and door light.

Re-Install:

Re-connect harnesses. Lift panel up and over so it slides into window channel and over door lock. At the same time you'll have to pull the door handle back through its opening. Pull it forward like in removal, slightly push in and pull back towards rear of car to re-install. Re-install screws, tab, mirror cover.

post #3 of 11 Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Greg

[QUOTE=Blkcurrantkord]
Remove inner mirror cover (it pops out) by pulling on it. Remove screw behind inner door handle and in the handle on the door panel w/ philips. Use flat head to pop out plastic tab near mirror cover.
QUOTE]

I know where the inner mirror cover is and it does feel a bit loose. Can I take it out with the door closed? Where is this plastic tab near the mirror cover? Thanks for the post.

3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint

post #4 of 11 Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Stone
I know where the inner mirror cover is and it does feel a bit loose. Can I take it out with the door closed? Where is this plastic tab near the mirror cover? Thanks for the post.
IIRC the mirror cover is removable with the door closed. The plastic tab is in that crevice between the dash and the door panel where they meet, so that one might be tough...worry about the rest of the clips first, I think getting those out first will get you a little leverage but honestly I think that clip isn't going to come out without being cut or opening the door first.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-03-2007, 08:15 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
maybe a visual will help???
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 99 coupe door panel.pdf (33.2 KB, 588 views)
post #6 of 11 Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Greg

Thanks for everyone's great help so far.
Here is the question that if answered would let me get this door panel off for sure...I think.

I now have to pry all around the door (sides and bottom) in order to unclip the clips. The problem I am having is I am using a flat head screw driver and slipping it into the crevices and prying isn't doing any good. It is not gripping underneath the edge of the panel, just slipping off. Is there a tool that is as thin as a flathead screwdriver but curved enough that it can grip the edge of the door panel? I know there is a special trim remover out there but I am not sure if that will work. Comments please!

3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint

post #7 of 11 Old 05-04-2007, 05:41 AM
Accord Mafia Member #001

Quote:
Thanks for everyone's great help so far.
Here is the question that if answered would let me get this door panel off for sure...I think.

I now have to pry all around the door (sides and bottom) in order to unclip the clips. The problem I am having is I am using a flat head screw driver and slipping it into the crevices and prying isn't doing any good. It is not gripping underneath the edge of the panel, just slipping off. Is there a tool that is as thin as a flathead screwdriver but curved enough that it can grip the edge of the door panel? I know there is a special trim remover out there but I am not sure if that will work. Comments please!

I can use my fingertips to pull the door panel off. You're either not getting in the right spot or something. A flat head should slip inbetween easier than my finger.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-04-2007, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkcurrantkord
I can use my fingertips to pull the door panel off. You're either not getting in the right spot or something. A flat head should slip inbetween easier than my finger.
You can pull the door panel off with your fingers with the door closed?! How is that possible? It is a very tight fit. You must not grab the edge then and just grab the panel itself? Please explain, I really want to fix this door!

3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint

post #9 of 11 Old 05-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Out of Control

You can definitely do it with the door open, not sure when it's closed. Maybe you could use a steel wire from a hanger and bend it into a hook shape to pull the door panel straight out. You probably wanna use 2 hangers at the same time a little bit apart from each other to prevent just putting a cut in the door panel
post #10 of 11 Old 05-04-2007, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Greg

I have come to the solution that it is NOT possible to get the door panel off with the door closed. Not without destroying the panel atleast. Pretty sad that my car decided to get stuck like that. Oh well.

3.0L V6
166,800 miles
35% Tint

post #11 of 11 Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Accord Mafia Member #001

Quote:
I have come to the solution that it is NOT possible to get the door panel off with the door closed. Not without destroying the panel atleast. Pretty sad that my car decided to get stuck like that. Oh well.

I didn't know you were trying to do this w/ the door closed. Yea that's pretty much impossible.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.