2004 accord sedan interior lights not working - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-24-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

2004 accord sedan interior lights not working

help! the interior lights are not working. the two map lights, my homelink system (cant open garage), the rear dome light, the two lights located on the inside of the front door and the lights hidden inside the visor when you flip up to look into the mirror. fuse blown? if so, which one is it? how to fix?

thanks!

04sedanv6ex 18 inch tenzoR rims, injen cai, neuspeed front upper tie bar, jdm headlights, jdm folding & signal mirrors, jdm tail lights, hid foglights/headlamps, shaved side door moldings, kamanari body kit, completely shaved trunk, painted oem grille body color.
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-24-2007, 06:58 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
dead battery by chance?

welcome aboard....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #3 of 17 Old 03-24-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

battery works fine, the car starts. dash lights on. moon roof working, just those lights that i stated.

04sedanv6ex 18 inch tenzoR rims, injen cai, neuspeed front upper tie bar, jdm headlights, jdm folding & signal mirrors, jdm tail lights, hid foglights/headlamps, shaved side door moldings, kamanari body kit, completely shaved trunk, painted oem grille body color.

post #4 of 17 Old 03-24-2007, 07:47 PM

Check the fuses under the dash first, then the ones in the power distribution box under the hood if all are fine.

Do the visor mirror lights work?

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
post #5 of 17 Old 03-24-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

visor mirror lights are out!

i dont know which one it is. i took the fuse lid off under the dash, and i was like.. i see all the codes on the back, but afraid to make matters worse. i just need a quick guide, and i should be fine. i dont want to waste money taking back to honda. i already have to this month for that damn recall: Saftey REcall: Seat position sensor harness. thats the second one since i got my car. last time it was what.. the transmission? something like that.. anyways. any help would be appreciated.

post #6 of 17 Old 03-24-2007, 08:31 PM
6th Gear

Fuse # 6 7.5 A (amps), you can get a pack of 3 at radioshack for like 2 bucks

2006 Accord SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIYS |-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-|-
-|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 17 Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

THANK YOU !!! mnkyman

great pics too ! i'll go fix it this monday. appreciate it

post #8 of 17 Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite
visor mirror lights are out!

i dont know which one it is. i took the fuse lid off under the dash, and i was like.. i see all the codes on the back, but afraid to make matters worse. i just need a quick guide, and i should be fine. i dont want to waste money taking back to honda. i already have to this month for that damn recall: Saftey REcall: Seat position sensor harness. thats the second one since i got my car. last time it was what.. the transmission? something like that.. anyways. any help would be appreciated.
I would deffinitly check the fuse, mnkyman pics are spot on.

Side note, with that recall, is your SRS light on? I have that recall too, but dont want to go to the dealership, I thought it was only messed up if the light was on.

Car Domain -

-Blue Man Group Car Club-
post #9 of 17 Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Out of Control

FYI, the fusebox under the hood has spare fuses. as well as a fuse puller, so you dont have to use pliers.

2006 BMW 330i 6MT (Alpine White/Terra)
post #10 of 17 Old 03-25-2007, 04:02 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict
FYI, the fusebox under the hood has spare fuses. as well as a fuse puller, so you dont have to use pliers.

This fuse is in the interior fuse box, to the left of the foot pedals

2006 Accord SE

DIYS |-
-|-
-|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #11 of 17 Old 03-25-2007, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

SRS light is not on. i will still take it to the dealership to get it checked out. and if you have received the letter, you should consider it. just to be safe

post #12 of 17 Old 08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear

I'm having similar issues as the OP except it's on my 03 Accord and the front visors and two button lights work, but the door lights and the center dome light don't.

I noticed my center dome slowly dying out as it would flicker before which makes me believe that a bulb replacement is only required but why would the door lights not work? Are they connected in series or something?

I tried replacing the fuse too but that didn't help. My next step would be to replace the center dome bulb but just wondering how the connections worked so that I know why the door lights are gone too.

2003 I4 LX - passed on
2008 TL-S 6MT
post #13 of 17 Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
4th Gear

i think you have a fuse problem bro. check the fuse and the fuse map for direction on which fuse that you suspect have problem.

but, did u installed any aftermarket lately? interior fuses rarely have problem.

'87 accord
'92 accord
'96 civic (current car)
'01 accord (current car)
'06 accord (current car)
always been a Honda family :)
post #14 of 17 Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM
2nd Gear

Check the fuse box under the hood? Wa
What should I be looking for? I did have an audio system installed back in December 2010.

Just last night though, I noticed the light working on the passenger side door. Does it only come on during the night?!? My keys weren't in the car at the time.

2003 I4 LX - passed on
2008 TL-S 6MT
post #15 of 17 Old 08-19-2015, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

I have had the same problems on my 2004 accord with the front dome light. only 1 light comes on when door open. have switched the bulbs around and it is not a bulb problem. And since one works, I don't think it is a fuse problem. Maybe something in the dome wiring?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.