DIY: Front Door Panel Removal with Pics - 7th Gen Sedan - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 55 Old 07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so...this is what happened to my door?

so this is the rear door of my 2005 honda accord. for some reason one day it just wouldn't open from the inside, but it opened fine from the outside..this is what i found when i pried it open. tips

....also...where the heck are my courtesy lights?! are there none in the lx model?!

ok...so i've been reading..apparently a lot of people have had this problem..still dont know how mine broke before i removed the panel but...for the ghetto fix...howd you guys tape it down? o.0 i just moved out to VA and dont know any reliable mechanics...and that actuator stuff looks beyond me..

Attached Images
xxaznxx27 is offline
Advertisement

post #47 of 55 Old 03-09-2014, 04:59 PM
You're easy money.

Slade's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 499
Thanks: 87
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmcginn View Post
Take off the mirror sail shaped panel.
Is this removed just by using your hand? I'm gonna replace my speakers since one blew and I want to make sure I don't mess up


'04 Eternal Blue Pearl K24 sedan
White Led Interior/Trunk/License plate/reverse lights/turn signals
OEM Spoiler
K&N Typhoon SRI intake 60-1209ts with AEM dry filter
V6 Battery upgrade
TSX intake manifold swap (Favorite mod so far!)
Intake resonator removed
Strut bar installed
Rear Acura TL base sway bar
Lowered on Tein SS coilovers (finally!)
Hella horn upgrade
35% tint all around
Aftermarket TSX header installed


Slade is offline
post #48 of 55 Old 11-08-2014, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

Join Date: Nov 2014
location: Greece
Posts: 5
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thx for the detailed guide
R20A3(Nick) is offline

post #49 of 55 Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 PM
6th Gear

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,420
Thanks: 63
Thanked 100 Times in 88 Posts
i removed mine a bit different but more info is better than less so i'll post it here too:

How To Fix: Window not going up or down

2003 Accord 4dr EX V6 Graphite Pearl aka Dark Grey
250,000+ on 2nd Transmission

Mods: Driven heavily modded vehicles. "once a modder always a modder"

*G Modifiers Crew Member #2*
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline
post #50 of 55 Old 07-15-2015, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow Need Assistance Repairing the Broken Green Casing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaznxx27 View Post
so this is the rear door of my 2005 honda accord. for some reason one day it just wouldn't open from the inside, but it opened fine from the outside..this is what i found when i pried it open. tips

....also...where the heck are my courtesy lights?! are there none in the lx model?!

ok...so i've been reading..apparently a lot of people have had this problem..still dont know how mine broke before i removed the panel but...for the ghetto fix...howd you guys tape it down? o.0 i just moved out to VA and dont know any reliable mechanics...and that actuator stuff looks beyond me..
Hello!

First, thank you, xxaznxx27, for posting the close up pictures!

Can anyone expand on how to replace just the plastic green casing, which is shown as broken in the picture, which is most likely the piece keeping the inside door handle from properly opening the door from the inside?

Can this piece be replaced by just removing the handle component and not the entire door panel?

Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
forevercruising is offline
post #51 of 55 Old 10-03-2015, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Sep 2015
location: Illinois
Posts: 6
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevercruising View Post
Hello!

First, thank you, xxaznxx27, for posting the close up pictures!

Can anyone expand on how to replace just the plastic green casing, which is shown as broken in the picture, which is most likely the piece keeping the inside door handle from properly opening the door from the inside?

Can this piece be replaced by just removing the handle component and not the entire door panel?

Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I don't know if you found an answer yet but this same thing happened to our daughter's 7th gen Accord. It was fine when I took it apart (to grease the window rail) but when snapping it back in it's holder it broke exactly like the one in the picture did. I ordered a new cable from Honda for $7. I can't believe the ability to open or close the door from the inside relies on such a fragile piece of plastic.

I found the correct part number from the HondaPartsGuys website and gave that number to Honda when I called them.
Matt2012 is offline
post #52 of 55 Old 10-03-2015, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, Matt!

Thanks for your reply. I still haven't decided to try to fix this myself or to take it in to Honda, so your information helps me with that decision and it sounds like something I should be able to do.

To clarify, I assume you had to take the entire door panel off to replace the green part; is that correct? Once you replaced it, did the door work fine?

Thanks, again!
forevercruising is offline
post #53 of 55 Old 10-03-2015, 01:48 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Sep 2015
location: Illinois
Posts: 6
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I took the panel completely off just like in the photos. That looks like the only way because I can't just replace the green part since it's molded into the cable. I ordered the cable today (not the door lock cable but door handle cable, it gets a bit confusing on that site), so I am not sure how well it will go, crossing my fingers.

When it comes in I will have to take everything off again including the plastic to be able to disconnect the cable from the lock mechanism and replace it. I've never done that before so I hope it goes well. Been browsing this forum a bit and I see lots of knowledgeable people here to learn from. EDIT: And if I have problems I know where to come

Oh, in the meantime I removed a tiny screw that holds that little metal slot where the broken plastic part of cable snaps in. Then took a wire and wrapped it around that screw and then around the larger part of the cable thing that broke. That is holding it close enough to the handle to allow the door to open while I wait for the part. It's the driver's side so I had to rig something up. I hope that helps. I should provide pictures but I'm new here so not sure about all the rules on that.
Matt2012 is offline
post #54 of 55 Old 12-15-2015, 08:45 AM
1st Gear

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2012 View Post
I took the panel completely off just like in the photos. That looks like the only way because I can't just replace the green part since it's molded into the cable. I ordered the cable today (not the door lock cable but door handle cable, it gets a bit confusing on that site), so I am not sure how well it will go, crossing my fingers.

When it comes in I will have to take everything off again including the plastic to be able to disconnect the cable from the lock mechanism and replace it. I've never done that before so I hope it goes well. Been browsing this forum a bit and I see lots of knowledgeable people here to learn from. EDIT: And if I have problems I know where to come

Oh, in the meantime I removed a tiny screw that holds that little metal slot where the broken plastic part of cable snaps in. Then took a wire and wrapped it around that screw and then around the larger part of the cable thing that broke. That is holding it close enough to the handle to allow the door to open while I wait for the part. It's the driver's side so I had to rig something up. I hope that helps. I should provide pictures but I'm new here so not sure about all the rules on that.
I just broke that little green piece on both of my front doors. I super glued them back together and it's working fine.
STiHokie is offline
post #55 of 55 Old 12-18-2015, 05:05 AM
1st Gear

Join Date: Sep 2015
location: Illinois
Posts: 6
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiHokie View Post
I just broke that little green piece on both of my front doors. I super glued them back together and it's working fine.
I should have tried that. I still haven't been able to find time to replace the cable but my temp fix job is still holding. I'll try and take some pics when I do it because it seems like it's going to be a nightmare getting the cable into the lock mechanism. Since this thread is not really about the cable maybe I'll make a new thread on how to replace it if there isn't already one.
Matt2012 is offline
Advertisement

Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to


Related pages


honda civic 1997 front bumperled 9005 high beam2002 chevy cavalier rims300zx bike rackwhat are the benefits of premium gastrs lightingcoolant flush and fill costhonda accord complaintscheck vsa system0w20 vs 5w20tpms dash lightsoundstream dealershonda accord sport 0 602014 honda crv seat coverstl type s 0-60autozone ignition passwordaxle leaking transmission fluid2003 honda accord motor oilitsjdmyohonda civic dealer invoiceinfinity pr9603is2008 honda accord cold air intakehonda accord owners forumvsa warning light honda accord2006 honda accord v6 timing belthonda accord tpms light2002 honda accord v6 timing belt replacement1998 honda accord batteryhead gasket honda2007 honda odyssey radio code resethow to install angel eyesfoam brite2000 honda civic bolt patternspray tint headlights97 honda accord headlightsaccord owners forum2006 honda civic hybrid ima lighthonda crystal black pearl paintadr propulsion wheels2002 honda accord vtec solenoid2006 honda pilot vsa lightwhat does econ button do on honda civickenwood dnx8120 updatehonda mtf part numberbrake job costhow to fix door lock actuatorlocksmith webster nysportsound onlinetsx vsmagnaflow 14832majestic honda northhonda transmission problems accord2004 honda crv radio codehonda cars of mckinney texas9th gen accord forummobil 1 m1 110 extended performance oil filter2007 honda civic control armxzilon paint protection reviewshonda odyssey 2006 aux input1997 honda accord radio codemaco paint priceshonda accord cvt reliabilityhow much should a coolant flush costrear quarter panel replacement costhow much does auto window tinting costbrushed aluminum shift knob2002 honda civic driver side mirrorreplacing brakes and rotors costecon mode hondahow much to fix airbagwhat causes my abs light to come onairrex suspension