DIY: Front Door Panel Removal with Pics - 7th Gen Sedan - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 55 Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
<error: divide by zero>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun View Post
So...once you get to this point (peeled back the wrap), would changing door handles just require removing a couple of bolts on the handle or is there more to it? I'm wondering how much of a pain it would be to change to painted handles on a VP.
Generally, thats the case. I looked it up in the shop manual at one point, but I dont mind the black handles.

Lots of handles available on the car-part.com

Mike M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wheels,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(temp and Maplights),
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
<error: divide by zero>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 421 View Post
what kind of trim puller is in post #3?

I have this set, the one at the top is the one you see in post 3.

Mike M

Wheels,
(temp and Maplights),
post #33 of 55 Old 06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear

Smile how to check the actuator after removing the panel

i have 04 accord and the driver side door lock wouldnt operate just with the remote control,it works fine with the keys....how do i go about to check whether the actuator is fine or not.....any suggestions...pls

post #34 of 55 Old 07-04-2009, 11:09 PM
4th Gear

thanks for the write up. this is really helpful
post #35 of 55 Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

Thanks
post #36 of 55 Old 02-24-2011, 10:12 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmcginn View Post
Put in your new speakers, or whatever it is you were going to do.
Did you have a tan ring around yours, and did you buy a speaker adapter to fit the aftermarket speaker in the enclosure.

SHOOT THE BREEZE
  • Window Visors
  • iSimple Ipod Adapter
  • Alpine E 10"

Window Tint
JDM Black Mesh Grill
17" Wheels
Aluminum Shift Knob
CAI
8000K HID KIT
Fog Kit
[Cheaper Gas Prices]
post #37 of 55 Old 07-04-2011, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

I just changed mine today It unlocks now but it will not lock remotely. It did not unlock before and that's the reason for changing it. Any ideas?

2005 Accord EX V6
post #38 of 55 Old 08-13-2011, 02:50 PM
1st Gear

finding the factory "crossover" or filter

Thank you so much for the instructions. I would have definitely broken something trying to attempt this by myself. In fact, I did break something.....

My question to you is where did you find the factory crossover or filter so that I can take it out of the circuit? It's definitely not in the door, so I'm thinking it is inside the dash somewhere and possibly underneath the tweeter (7th gen? 2005 Accord LX). How did you get to it when you installed the aftermarket speakers?

Thanks!
post #39 of 55 Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by on1accord View Post
Did you have a tan ring around yours, and did you buy a speaker adapter to fit the aftermarket speaker in the enclosure.
I did buy a plastic speaker adapter. I haven't tried the fit yet, but I am also thinking of getting mdf rings cut from a local wood shop. What did you end up doing for your car?
post #40 of 55 Old 08-13-2011, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

I like to troll

I found the answer I was looking for. There is no crossover if you don't have the premium audio. It is just a direct tap.

Here is the relevant thread: Help with front speaker install with component and crossover- 7th gen accord coupe
post #41 of 55 Old 08-14-2011, 08:40 AM
6th Gear

I have found that the newer plastic type trim pullers are better for me... Much less of a chance on maring a finish like metal to plastic can... just my opinion..
post #42 of 55 Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 PM
2nd Gear

Someone asked what the sticky substance was that seals the plastic sheet to the door. I used to work in a body shop and we referred to it as butyl. I wouldn't recommend using the hair dryer method and warming it up. Sure, it'll make it easier to remove the panel, but if you get that stuff on you it's a bear to remove. I got it on me a couple times and nothing short of thinner got it off very quickly. You can pretty much relegate any clothes you get it on to lawn mowing or "working on the car" duty. I always just took a razor blade and sliced through the butyl while tugging out on the plastic panel. Very easy and if you watch what you're doing the panel will be fine.
post #43 of 55 Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

thankx for the blog very helpfull...
post #44 of 55 Old 07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

thanks for the write up i wanted to replace my speakers and was too lazy to do it ... i think this will give me the push i need!!

Honda Accord

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
|
post #45 of 55 Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmcginn View Post
Snap out the door panel on the bottom by prying with a trim tool. If you dont have one, you might be able to get under there with a paint stirrer, and use something like the that. Just take it easy on it.

Once you pry out the bottom, Lift it up and over the lock mechanism.

You should still have one thing left to do: Unhook the door handle cable. (its the piece here with green) Pull out the green piece, then release the cable by rotating it out of the clip (I should have got a picture of that, but I had no free hand)
I am new to the forum and have just recently bought a pre-owned accord 7th gen and am loving it so far. I am not as handy as i figure most of the users of this forum however find this write up was extremely helpful

One item that is particularly annoying on my new ride, is the some slight rattling noise coming from driver and passenger side internal door trim while driving on bumps. When i push it with my hand - the noise subsides.

Where on this assembly would be areas where i can apply some sound deadening material, What could be causing this noise ? would it just be a matter of the trim being loose ? What am i dealing with. The car otherwise is fine but this noise is completely ruining the pleasure when driving in city on silent roads.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.