Seafoam, clean MAF and new fluids - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 118 Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 AM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
Damn, now I want to do al this cleaning too. Haven't done any of this on my car ever and it's at 51000 miles.

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI
Advertisement

post #17 of 118 Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by _karu_ View Post
Thanks!! The video will be great!

Cleaning TB now also on my list.
7th Gen Throttle Body Cleaning - 2.4L

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 118 Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

quick question, is it necessary to do an oil change after doing the seafoam treatment? The reason i ask is i just recently had my oil changed but i would like to do the treatment as well but i don't want to replace the oil again. Thats a waste!

post #19 of 118 Old 10-09-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordFreak06 View Post
quick question, is it necessary to do an oil change after doing the seafoam treatment? The reason i ask is i just recently had my oil changed but i would like to do the treatment as well but i don't want to replace the oil again. Thats a waste!
Yes. You are going to add 1/3 of the can directly into your crankcase, so it will thin your oil and act a detergent. I would not recommend going over 100 miles on seafoamed oil. However, make sure and run those 100 miles hard to get the seafoam working good.

Even if you do the intake method only, it is still recommended to change you oil after since the seafoam may leak past the rings and into the oil pan.

post #20 of 118 Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 AM
3rd Gear

I'd be pretty leery about runnning a hard 100 miles with Seafoam in the oil. That stuff is like water in viscosity. I forget what the can says but I usually only run it for about 5 to 10 minutes.

If you are really serious about cleaning out the crankcase then get some Auto-RX. That stuff safely works miracles for cleaning out sludge.
post #21 of 118 Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
4th Gear

Any AV6 people, which hose would be the intake equivalent on the I4 to pour seafoam into?

2006 Accord V6 6spd MT Carbon Bronze/Black
62k miles total - 25k in 1y1m (New transmission 50k courtesy of Honda)

• EBC 3GD Sport Rotors (Slotted/Dimpled)[Front]
  • Akebono Street Performance Pads[Front]
  • AEM V2
  • 55% Font/5% Rear Tint
  • Interior+License Plate White LEDs
  • DDM 5k HID Lows/HIR Highs
  • Hella Micro DE fogs(OEM garnish) w/ Raptor 3k HID
  • USA-Spec PA15-HON2 iPod/AUX Input
  • Scangauge II
  • TL Switchblade Key
To install: TL-S Sway Bars; Comp-tech SS
post #22 of 118 Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post

If you are really serious about cleaning out the crankcase then get some Auto-RX. That stuff safely works miracles for cleaning out sludge.
Stick with Seafoam if you feel the need to use an internal cleaner, IMO.

If I shared what I know of Auto-RX I'd end up hijacking the thread. Some swear by it, and there are many followers, but there are also trolls pushing the product in various forums. Lets leave it at the fact its an internet only product, purchased only from its own site, and I feel its no different than eBay only products.

Personally I dont use or believe in cleaners poured into the crankcase, and you wont find any OEM or dealers using or such products. I feel they should be used as last resort attempt to fix an ongoing problem. Not to prevent a problem.
post #23 of 118 Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
3rd Gear

Well, I'm new to the Honda coming from a Lexus. I know that Auto-RX has a big following in that community. The Lexus and Toyo engines had a big sludge problem that this did wonders to prevent/fix. I am not a dealer or a troll so I resent the implication.

Being an internet only product doesn't mean jack. Read the 51 pages of glowing recommendations for Wet Paint Glaze in the Detailing forum of this board. It is also internet only.
post #24 of 118 Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Top Gear Baby!

Send a message via AIM to OrangesOfCourse
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizputer View Post
Any AV6 people, which hose would be the intake equivalent on the I4 to pour seafoam into?
anyone have an answer to this? i have the service manual but still not sure which hose...

2004 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6MT
- Mobil 1 5W-30 w/ M1-110 Filter 8K Intervals
- Comptech Short Shifter Kit
- CorSport Metal Shifter Cable Bushing
- Acura TL-S Front & Rear Sway Bars
- ThermoBlok Spacers
- White LED Lighting [Doors, Trunk, License Plate]
- KP Technologies Window Roll-up Module
- Brembo Blank Rotors [Front & Rear]
- Hawk HPS Brake Pads [Front & Rear]
post #25 of 118 Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangesOfCourse View Post
anyone have an answer to this? i have the service manual but still not sure which hose...
Follow the hose coming from the side of the brake booster to the intake. This is it. You can unclamp it right at the brake booster or at the intake's end.

post #26 of 118 Old 12-12-2009, 11:47 PM
4th Gear

Alright.

I just did mine today, and it is GREAT. Give it a few hours, and then you'll feel it. Careful not to pour it in toofast for the vacuum because the car will stall. You will know what I mean. You will hear he engine start to die down, so slow it down. When I sit idle, it doesn't shake. When I gun it at a stoplight, it shifts really smooth from first. (Mine has a hard shift from 1st to 2nd due to previous tranny problems). Well worth it in my opinion.

If you've never taken the vacuum hose out before, then there is probably a hose clamp connected right on the point where the vacuum hose is connected to... this circle thing that is right next to the drivers side (for V6 and I4 for 6th gens.) If any of you guys own a 6th gen and need clarification, send me a PM.

I know I was looking all around teh internet to make sure I had the right hose... cause no one posted a video for the v6, and i was scared the i4 setup was different.

P.S. careful, it kinda smells, the smoke that is. haha.

Honda Accord 1998 EX

Current Mods:
Painted Rims Black
Painted Calipers Red
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust 2.5"

TO COME:
Fujita CAI
Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
30-40% Tints
Meghann Racing Headers
post #27 of 118 Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Out of Control

i just seafoamed my car and its way better =)

2007 Acura TL Type-S
post #28 of 118 Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 AM
All VTEC. All the time.

Maybe I should Seafoam my Odyssey; the CEL is on and diagnostic is that the catalytic converter is shot. I'm sure it won't fix the problem but maybe it's better to blow out all the gunk before I shell out mega-cash for a new cat.

'16 Accord Sport CVT i4 Lunar Silver Metallic 1K mi
> debadged / oem splash guard kit & cargo tray
'00 Odyssey EX Granite Green Metallic 154K mi

Gone, but not forgotten...
'07 Accord SE Alabaster Silver Metallic / traded in at 119K mi
'87 Civic Sedan Paisley Red Metallic / totaled at around 60K mi
'72 Civic Platinum Silver Metallic rusted to oblivion at around 60K mi
post #29 of 118 Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Robot View Post
Maybe I should Seafoam my Odyssey; the CEL is on and diagnostic is that the catalytic converter is shot. I'm sure it won't fix the problem but maybe it's better to blow out all the gunk before I shell out mega-cash for a new cat.
Call Honda corp and see if they will split the cost with you. Worth a shot since its an occasional problem with them. See link below.

post #30 of 118 Old 02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
All VTEC. All the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver View Post
Call Honda corp and see if they will split the cost with you. Worth a shot since its an occasional problem with them.
Thanks for the link.

I gave them a call and it's officially an 8 year/80K mi issue so I'm well past that. It was worth a try though. I'm guessing that a lot of the "good will" credits and 50/50 deals for repairs may have gone out the window with the lousy economy...

'16 Accord Sport CVT i4 Lunar Silver Metallic 1K mi
'00 Odyssey EX Granite Green Metallic 154K mi

Gone, but not forgotten...
'07 Accord SE Alabaster Silver Metallic / traded in at 119K mi
'87 Civic Sedan Paisley Red Metallic / totaled at around 60K mi
'72 Civic Platinum Silver Metallic rusted to oblivion at around 60K mi
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.