timing belt ect? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-26-2007, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
insomnia rules me :(

Question timing belt ect?

ok i need to replace the timing belt on my car, so is conti a good brand are they just as good or better than honda oem belts?

i am also going to replace the water pump so witch one of these are the best?

also have to replace the plug tube seal so will the cheaper one work good?

i also need a radiator but i will get one in town.

is there any other parts i need to replace whille the timing belt is off?
and i hare a 1997 honda accord SE 4 banger 16 valve 2.2L
are these good prices and is this the best place to get the parts?
what web site do you get all your parts off of?

97 2.2 SE Honda Accord has 218k
things to do list: lets just say long right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcool
u kiddin me, mkiv's are the messiah, suffering for other cars so all the bastard children hondas can roam problem free, ignorant of the sacrifice all us dubbers make
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-26-2007, 11:04 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
to be honest, in my experience, honda parts work best....

aftermarket parts don't peform as well, and i have owned hondas for a long time....

IMHO, you are better off getting genuine honda parts moreso than anything else, for longevity and longterm reliability...

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #3 of 9 Old 01-26-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

what is a good site with honda oem timing belt kits and water pumps?

the kit i have up top says it's an oem kit but the brand is not honda?

ok i have googled it over and over and have not found a honda oem timing belt kit except on ebay but i am not trusting them on a thing that important.

Quote:
u kiddin me, mkiv's are the messiah, suffering for other cars so all the bastard children hondas can roam problem free, ignorant of the sacrifice all us dubbers make
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Ebay.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

what about ebay?

and i got the links working sorry about that

Quote:
post #6 of 9 Old 01-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Out of Control

Check the 7th Gen FAQ...there are lots of parts sites...
post #7 of 9 Old 01-27-2007, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

ok i will check there but is conti a good brand?

Quote:
post #8 of 9 Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve151
ok i will check there but is conti a good brand?
Just use OEM parts...don't give yourself a headache thinking about when the belt is going to break to save a few bucks.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 AM
02-SE

I'm getting ready to replace my timing belt as well and my dad works with the parts i need. Him and my grandfather both said that Gates is the product to get because Gates makes hondas OEM belts. So that covers the timing belt. Hope it helped.

2002 Honda Accord SE Coupe 2.3 I-4 VTEC (DD)
Taffeta White 134,xxx Miles
1992 Lexus SC400 83,xxx miles *My Toy*

Past Car:
1996 Honda accord coupe LX! 106,xxx miles
*Totaled as of 3-31-10 Dumb People!*

[/SIZE]
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.